**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a common misconception. Only the Grand Inquisitor speaks to Vader in person. Reva had no face to face time with Vader until she was made Grand Inquisitor ("It is an honor to be invited aboard, Lord Vader"). All of her interaction with him prior to that was via hologram. In fact, I'm not sure the regular Inquisitors get much interaction with Vader, even by hologram, as shown by the Fifth Brother's reaction "You spoke to him yourself?".

Well. That information would have been a lot more useful to me six weeks ago. Why the hell didn't they say that for those of us that never bothered with CGI cartoon crap? (Hey, if that's your bag, that's cool daddio, but man I despise the almost INTENTIONALLY ugly character designs.) Oh well. It matters little in the end.

(I also watched a few of the Obi Wan eps whacked out on ambien so my memory is fuzzy and I may have missed vital info.)

Speaking of missing vitals, as to how Reva survived a few impalings here and there? Simple. She has impenetrable plot armor.

I also teared up at the shocking end to episode 3.... poor Wade, what a loss to the rebellion.

Me too, man. Me too. You are not alone. And WAAAAAADE!!!!!! will never be forgotten. Some gave all, like Wade, the weird alien guy that got his head cut off by Kylo, the unseen Bothans that Mon Mothma loved so much. Pour one out for Wade man.

waaaaaaade.jpg

This is a common misconception. Only the Grand Inquisitor speaks to Vader in person. Reva had no face to face time with Vader until she was made Grand Inquisitor ("It is an honor to be invited aboard, Lord Vader"). All of her interaction with him prior to that was via hologram. In fact, I'm not sure the regular Inquisitors get much interaction with Vader, even by hologram, as shown by the Fifth Brother's reaction "You spoke to him yourself?".

Yes, there was a minor moment when Vader came to Mapuzo with the Inquisitors to confront Kenobi, but I believe this was an exception. Reva could not have attacked him there in the open.

Reva knew she had to do whatever she could to rise up the ranks and gain Vader's trust before being able to meet him face to face and alone.
You believe this was an exception? A "minor moment" - this all sounds pretty..... subjective. Like you're aware the goods are a little sketchy, but you're selling it anyway.

I mean there are random Imperial guards of ALL types and ranks who walk past Vader EVERY DAY (despite this show trying to show him all alone in his cartoon lava castle.) Yet this idiot decides to "rise up the ranks"? "Wait, I could have been a star destroyer deck guard and gotten just as close to Vader as if I was grand inquistor - doh!" And "alone"? Why does she need Vader alone to kill him? For a clean getaway?

The above reads almost as funny as Wookieepedia on the matter.... these laugahable phrases trying to make sense of this horse****: "temporarily appointed".... "supposed death".... Reva "lost the position" after she tried to kill Vader... and that the GI "had in fact survived his injury" (umm, that's a lightsaber through the torso, folks..... apparently 100% survivable as Reva later proved. :slap ) Glad this muddled, laughable crap worked for someone.

And OMG... what genius at the Lucasfilm Story Club came up with the name "third Sister" for Reva?

oqw0xowl.png

Last edited:
I just don't know what more Kenobi could do to neutralize Vader. He crushed Vader's chest box, which is his life support system. He left him kneeling on the ground gasping for breath. Anything more would be killing him, either directly or indirectly.
Obi-Wan is not the Punisher, and Jedi aren't vigilantes. Add to that the complicating factor that this is still the same guy who was like a brother to him. This show established Kenobi's torment for ten years having thought he'd killed Anakin on Mustafar. What logic would there be in establishing all of that just to have him go through the whole ordeal again?

Luke Skywalker was a heroic Jedi for not breaking their values by going through with killing his defenseless/beaten father. Obi-Wan basically made the same choice. The only difference is that Vader couldn't stand watching his son get roasted and doomed to the same tragic path he was put on 20 years earlier. But that's nothing more than Luke being rewarded for doing the right thing. Kenobi did the right thing and didn't need to be rewarded for it.

And again, when I say "doing the right thing," I mean that strictly within the context of established Jedi values, and not as a general moral/ethical question. And when I defend this aspect of the story, I'm not defending the entire series which I felt was mostly terrible prior to the finale. But in the instances (rarer as they are becoming) when I feel lore has been maintained and treated properly, especially when it comes to defining Jedi virtue/actions, I'll defend it.
That's where the end of their confrontation here comes into it. They've penned it such that we're led to believe it's the moment where Obi-Wan acknowledges that his "brother" Anakin is truly gone, all that remains is the twisted Sith Lord who murdered a slew of younglings and he's tormented himself enough over losing Anakin to the Dark Side. If it wasn't for the fact that we know Vader has to survive it would IMO be perfectly justifiable for Obi-Wan (or any Jedi, really) to finish off a Sith at that point. They are the mortal enemies of the Jedi after all lol. It's kind of pointless to fight them at all if your Jedi code doesn't allow you to kill one. Jedi killed plenty of soldiers who were just following orders in TCW; why does a Sith get a pass?

Killing Luke as revenge when Vader didn't even know about Luke was stupid, but I liked the idea of her doing anything she could to rise up the ranks and get close enough to kill Vader. Kenobi was just a means to an end. All the anger and obsession she showed (and got slated for) to get what she wanted was justified in my eyes. She was desperate.
It's sooo hard to "get close enough" to kill Vader, right?

That black female lower ranked officer on the right could have been Reva with a lightsaber in her back pocket.

t0FGU9F.jpg

Vader would have detected her force connection. Better to hide in plain view. Neither plan would have worked anyway so...

It's sooo hard to "get close enough" to kill Vader, right?

That black female lower ranked officer on the right could have been Reva with a lightsaber in her back pocket.

t0FGU9F.jpg
I don’t think she was suicidal. She attacked Vader in private and if she had succeeded could have blamed Obi-Wan for it when others arrived.

I don’t think she was suicidal. She attacked Vader in private and if she had succeeded could have blamed Obi-Wan for it when others arrived.
It needs more digits (before the decimal point) to accurately gauge Reva's force abilities.

The whole set-up is horse**** though.... there's dozens of stormies outside the door, then Reva inexplicably has Kenobi marched back into the place they've just battled into - and by just TWO guards (surprisingly, taken out in 0.75 seconds by MCU Ben)

All those stormies there must have been giving each other total wtf? looks - and it makes even less sense to us in terms of believability.

Then Vader arrives and conveniently says "I'll bring him out myself"... like how could she have known - as her "plan" arranged with Kenobi - that Vader wouldn't have gone in with a dozen soldiers like he always does? Not "all alone" like everyone seems to think she needs for this stupid plan to work?

And yes our massively powerful rock-repelling Kenobi is ummm... "secured inside" :wink1: .... just not by the two dozen stormies or GI standing around outside.... Hey, Darth bud.... you might just be walking into a.... nah, never mind, you head in there on your own.

Last edited:
Reva story was an absolute crap fest the show was only saved by Vader and ObiWan.

I teared up with the Vader ObiWan parts and when he said goodbye to Leia lol
Vader/Obi-Wan final duel and Obi-Wan's goodbye to Leia are some of the best SW we've gotten since the OT. :thud:

"Do you want to meet him/Hello there" is also absolute top shelf.

I think this show really helped connect the PT and OT
The PT needed something to connect it to the OT and while RO and Solo were noble efforts they were still mostly just extensions of the OT. This finale almost perfectly straddled the line between PT and OT (quite literally during the broken mask Vader scenes) to the point where I no longer feel that there is such a severe disconnect between the two trilogies.

Seriously, watch ROTS and then the OWK finale (and then continue right on with RO or ANH if you want) to see what I mean. :thud:

Whatever, sounds like Talibane has decided to hate this regardless of anything.

All those examples of people being near Vader are also in rooms full of other individuals. I can't see anyway anyone could get away with assassinating him without being in a position whereby their rank and title gives them opportunity to be with Vader alone.

Plot armour and conveniences are nothing new. It's present in everything, even the original trilogy which people seem to hold above any kind of critique.

But, as you have made clear, you hate this.

I wonder if one of the reasons they had Vader blocking sabers by using the Force with his bare hands and pulling the ship down was to offset Rey and Kylo doing that in TROS and put Vader undeniably above them.

Rey and Kylo both struggled to bring down a transport that appeared smaller than the one that Vader brought down with ease.

Also Kenobi did much more with the giant boulders by pummeling Vader with them compared to Rey just making them hover at the end of TLJ. So whether you thought they went too far into "god mode" with Vader and Kenobi it was probably good that they re-established their power levels compared to the ST heroes.

Personally, I liked this series (the finale I LOVED). It was not perfect, but nothing is (except Raiders of the Lost Ark).

Amusing to see the usual suspects crapping on things with hypocritical and minor critique blown into staggeringly exaggerated proportions in order to consolidate and reinforce the narrative that they so emphatically and intensely pushed prior to the show's release that "this show sucks amirite guys amirite guys amirite guys hur dur?"

Critique, I might add, which could easily be applied to the original trilogy (and most movies/TV shows in existence).

Some of the sensationalist hyperbole here is quite something indeed.

In short, there is nothing in this series that creates any plot holes in the original trilogy. Nothing.

Yes maybe some instances whereby you think, "hmmm I wonder why they didn't then do that later on in this movie?". But that's not a plot hole. It's not something that directly contradicts or makes subsequent events impossible. That is a plot hole.

All the people crying (before the show came out) that Luke can't be attacked by Reva because it "ruins" his introduction to the Lightsaber in ANH? Guess what, he was knocked out cold when Reva ignited her Lightsaber.

All the people crying (before the show came out) that Leia can't interact with Obi-Wan because it "ruins" her message to him in ANH (even though she never says she has never met him before and, in fact, her response to Luke's arrival on the Death Star with "Ben Kenobi?! Where is he?!" makes it all the more likely that she probably did know him)? Guess what, they agree to keep their relationship secret. And I wouldn't exactly act extremely friendly to someone that I knew for a few days when I was 10 when sending them a message when I was 19.

This is why you need to wait to watch something before you decide to passionately attack it.

I'm sure there are other things that people will construct to justify and pay dividends to their forum persona. But whatever, this is exhausting.

This is why we can't have nice things.

My original point still stands; if A New Hope was a movie released after this series in 2025, nothing that happens in that movie would be questioned against anything in this series.

Last edited:
PT haters saying that the PT was too bright and stylised in stark contrast to the dark, grey, industrial and grimy pallette of the OT (a conscious decision to reflect the prosperity and freedom of the Republic era and the oppression of the Imperial era), yet now complaining that the Obi-Wan Kenobi series (set during the Imperial era) is too dark, grey, industrial and grimy. You couldn't make this up.

That's where the end of their confrontation here comes into it. They've penned it such that we're led to believe it's the moment where Obi-Wan acknowledges that his "brother" Anakin is truly gone, all that remains is the twisted Sith Lord who murdered a slew of younglings and he's tormented himself enough over losing Anakin to the Dark Side. If it wasn't for the fact that we know Vader has to survive it would IMO be perfectly justifiable for Obi-Wan (or any Jedi, really) to finish off a Sith at that point. They are the mortal enemies of the Jedi after all lol. It's kind of pointless to fight them at all if your Jedi code doesn't allow you to kill one. Jedi killed plenty of soldiers who were just following orders in TCW; why does a Sith get a pass?
A Jedi is justified in killing a combatant (Sith or not) when the scenario is kill or be killed. But when the opponent has already been defeated and neutralized in a non-lethal way, the next line should not be crossed. It's something that was directly addressed in one of the Lucas movies.

If the Jedi and Sith are mortal enemies in the way that you present it, then Anakin would've been justified in slicing Dooku's head off in ROTS. But instead, that scene was constructed to demonstrate to the audience that Anakin was a *flawed* Jedi by murdering a subdued and defeated *Sith* opponent.

The end of the OWK duel was the same scenario. A defeated Sith on his knees and at the mercy of the triumphant Jedi. If Kenobi had tried to kill Vader at that point, I think it would've contradicted the takeaway from the ROTS Anakin/Dooku scene in terms of what a true Jedi should do.

The question isn't whether or not killing a helpless and defeated Vader would make Obi-Wan a bad person. The question is whether or not it would make him a bad Jedi. Established lore says that the answer is a pretty clear "yes" to that particular question. IMO, Kenobi shouldn't be a flawed Jedi the way Anakin was.

I’ll have to go back and read everyone else’s thoughts.

The series as a whole is ok

The story itself was pointless and full of dumbness

Vader stuff was all done pretty well.
I like that shot of Vaders helmet being cracked and the dialogue between Ben and Vader at that moment.

All action scenes were pretty poorly directed

I still can’t get past how pointless the story felt and how out of step it was with the ot storyline

5 out of 10

PT haters saying that the PT was too bright and stylised in stark contrast to the dark, grey, industrial and grimy pallette of the OT (a conscious decision to reflect the prosperity and freedom of the Republic era and the oppression of the Imperial era), yet now complaining that the Obi-Wan Kenobi series (set during the Imperial era) is too dark, grey, industrial and grimy. You couldn't make this up.
It too dark in terms of lighting. I could not see what was going on at times lol

Back