**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with nearly every point you make here, and damn near every word. The one area where I think we might have a different point of view is the Vader/Obi-Wan battle. When you say you enjoyed it, I assume that you mean pretty much "in full." I can't go that far because I thought Kenobi's god mode was absurd; and watching Vader withstand boulders crashing into him without being knocked off his feet or having his suit ripped to shreds was preposterous. It's like Force users now have "Force shields" surrounding them. Drives me nuts.
I'm pretty much in agreement with both you & a-dev on the series as a whole. And while generally I agree with your opinion of Obi-Wan's god mode, I think from a "balance in the Force" standpoint it was necessary after they gave us Uber Vader in the earlier episodes. And I liked how they showed him reaching that level - i.e., clearing his mind of Anakin and focusing on the goodness of Leia, Luke, Tala(?), etc..

I'm pretty much in agreement with both you & a-dev on the series as a whole. And while generally I agree with your opinion of Obi-Wan's god mode, I think from a "balance in the Force" standpoint it was necessary after they gave us Uber Vader in the earlier episodes. And I liked how they showed him reaching that level - i.e., clearing his mind of Anakin and focusing on the goodness of Leia, Luke, Tala(?), etc..
I can agree about the need to balance out god Vader, technically speaking. And, yes, there was some good work done in providing setup and motivation. But I really wish they had toned this stuff down the whole way. When you watch these two in the series compared to the OT Force displays, it's just nuts, IMO.

This scene is so heartbreaking and hard to watch. Kudos to Ewan's and Hayden's stellar performance.
View attachment 584962
I wouldn't go so far as to call it "heartbreaking" but it truly was the only worthwhile scene of the entire 6 episodes. It's one thing to see this play out in cartoons...but to have Hayden's face in the half Vader mask and to get to see Ewan's actual reaction to it, filmed 20 years afters AOTC? That's really cool.

I don't know what to do with it exactly....it certainly doesn't fit anywhere into my canon. But it was really cool.

Negatives

- having to sit through Episodes 2-5 before anything decent happened again
- Reva - I just was not interested in her storyline, not even sure it makes a whole lot of sense
- ships look underscaled in some shots
- visually too dark for much of the action stuff
- landscapes were boring and/or didn't mesh well with the actors and the ground they were standing on.

This was from a post of mine on page 24 of the thread.

I must say, I think they accounted for this^
What exactly WAS her motivation for wanting to kill Luke anyway? While she knew from Bail's boneheaded message that he and Leia were important, I don't believe she'd ascertained that they were Anakin's offspring. What am I missing???? The only thing I can come up with is she still needed revenge/justice for what Anakin did to her youngling friends, and after failing with Plan A (killing Vader) she fell back on Plan B (killing a youngling that is important to Obi-Wan, the Jedi who wasn't there to stop his Padawan).

I wouldn't go so far as to call it "heartbreaking" but it truly was the only worthwhile scene of the entire 6 episodes. It's one thing to see this play out in cartoons...but to have Hayden's face in the half Vader mask and to get to see Ewan's actual reaction to it, filmed 20 years afters AOTC? That's really cool.

I don't know what to do with it exactly....it certainly doesn't fit anywhere into my canon. But it was really cool.
I started tearing up the moment Obi said "Anakin..." and the conversation that followed... they just have this deep emotional weight.

Maybe its because I immediately relate that exact moment and recalled their history - their bond/relationship from all of the known stories like in PTs, Clone wars series.

Last edited:
I will love Disney Reva forever if they just make it that Reva had a sex change and became Willrow Hood!

3921DF59-5329-400A-BB67-CD51AEE0F8EF.png

Yeah we got to see a Mon through Thursday in Obi Wan’s life. What was the point of this show? All it did was pollute are minds of the beauty that was one SW!! But again I’m in my late 40’s and Disney SW is for the kids. I had my OT as a boy and loved it. Let the new generation have theirs. If we have learned anything from the PT there is a generation that loved them. So let Disney plus be for the next!!

What exactly WAS her motivation for wanting to kill Luke anyway? While she knew from Bail's boneheaded message that he and Leia were important, I don't believe she'd ascertained that they were Anakin's offspring. What am I missing???? The only thing I can come up with is she still needed revenge/justice for what Anakin did to her youngling friends, and after failing with Plan A (killing Vader) she fell back on Plan B (killing a youngling that is important to Obi-Wan, the Jedi who wasn't there to stop his Padawan).
The way I see it she vowed to avenge her youngling friends that Vader killed during Order 66.
Since she couldn't kill Vader...so, by killing Luke she would get that revenge as he is Anakin's offspring. Hence bringing honor back to her fallen youngling brother's and sisters.

Last edited:
I didn’t care for the reva scenes but loved the back and forth between obiwan and anakin. Great stuff. Glad the leaks weren’t all true.

Well, as I've said before, it doesn't make any difference to me since I'm ignoring this stuff, but I am glad that one particular part of the leak that pissed me off wasn't exactly clear.

The leaks said Reva holds Luke hostage with her blade in his face. What they DIDN'T say was that he was unconscious at the time. In the show, he never really sees Reva as anything other than a dark cloaked figure, so that very well could have been a Tusken to him. When he comes to, he's back home, never having seen an ignited lightsaber.

That's better than the leaks, even though Reva still sucked.

But the leaks also said Vader was gonna kill her. But of course he couldn't. Reva said so. Can you put out the power of the sun just by willing it so? HELL NO! That's why Reva will live on, and on, and on.

She's most likely going to be in future series revealing she was the real hero that stole the Death Star plans, blew up both Death Stars, killed the Emperor like three times, and also teams up with Ahsoka and Rey and Jyn Erso (she survived too, she just has robot lungs now) and also Sabine Rey, cause they're all FIERCE and SOOOOO badass.

Ooh, Poochie Reva is one outrageous dude. She's totally in my face........TO THE EXTREME!!!!!!!

Reva's story makes sense because at ANH, Owen walks with a limp. Now we know that limp came from Reva's attack on their farm (she injures his leg).

Reva is 100% canon. :lol

Reva's story makes sense because at ANH, Owen walks with a limp. Now we know that limp came from Reva's attack on their farm (she injures his leg).

Reva is 100% canon. :lol
Reva…Darth Revan.:dunno.

you never know what Disney might do..just sayin

:chase

I love how the Jedi have Super Saiyan levels now.

The way Force Powers are used now is beyond ridiculous. Vader and Obi-Wan can destroy mountains now in seconds and with almost no effort. God I hate this ****. Vader can essentially press the pause button on entire ships taking off, and rip them to shreds. Why didn't he do this in Empire when he was after the Falcon on Hoth? "Escaping? I don't think so. Don't you know I'm Darth f*cking Vader?" *proceeds to pause Falcon mid flight and bash it around the snow cave till the crew falls out*

Vader, after hunting Obi-Wan for 10 years, catching him, letting him escape, letting him go super saiyan and getting spanked by him - the Emperor facetimes Vader and tells him, "you know this whole Obi-Wan thing is really getting in the way of your job performance." And Vader is like "okay.."

There were only two things good in this show, both being Vader moments: 1) "I am what you made me." and 2) "I am not your failure. You didn't kill Anakin Skywalker, I did."

Neither moment was worth the other 6 hours of garbage.

The show wasn't BOBF level bad, but at least that show was funny bad.

At the original Vader suit-up in the series, you can see Hayden does not have the scar on his head. It looks like this scar in ROTJ came from this fight with Obi Wan:

1TaJnBr.png

Probably a reach though. :lol
I saw posts about that …It has to be from this , Luke never attacked his head and in ANH old Obi never got to Vader’s face. However, in lore Vader faced many opponents over many battles so who knows :horror

Back