**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between the script and being given good direction on set, a good actor really doesn't need anything else. Besides, I don't recall any "very special Blossum (er, I mean Inquisitor)" episodes in CW or Rebels that would provide him with any deep insights into the character's motivations lol...
I would say the line just before his death is highly insightful. ‘There are far worse things than death.’ That line says a lot for someone who has tortured and killed people all season

I would say the line just before his death is highly insightful. ‘There are far worse things than death.’ That line says a lot for someone who has tortured and killed people all season
Not that I recall that line but sure, that's insightful. And it's still a detail that could be conveyed to Friend by a writer and/or director. It doesn't require his immersion into either animated show.

The actor who is playing the grand Inquisitor (Rupert) is getting destroyed on social media right now for saying that he didn’t watch any Rebels to prepare for the roll.

They’re throwing in his face that Hayden said he prepared by watching a ton of clone wars and rebels.

And here we go lol
And Viggo didn't give a **** about LOTR or know anything about it until his son told him to take the part, yet his Aragorn is beloved and iconic.

Actors don't have to be super fans of whatever they are starring in, the director is there... to give them direction...

And Viggo didn't give a **** about LOTR or know anything about it until his son told him to take the part, yet his Aragorn is beloved and iconic.

Actors don't have to be super fans of whatever they are starring in, the director is there... to give them direction...
An actor alone never brings a character to life. The director, the writer, the costume designer, the editors and sound composers… it’s a team effort.

But I don’t think it ever hurts to familiarize yourself with an established character before taking over a role.

I agree, but it generally helps to research the character you're about to portray, regardless of the interpretation.

I agree, but it generally helps to research the character you're about to portray, regardless of the interpretation.
That go really go either way. While the cartoon character isn't exactly deep, it's still source material and at least a starting point.
Just because he said he didn't watch any episodes of the animated shows doesn't exclude the possibility of (when they were discussing/offering the role to him) someone from Disney/LucasFilm sending him a few clips of the character's scenes for reference. As usual people hear/see an isolated comment and are jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst. Regardless of how much research he did for the role, at the end of the day it would be the director's responsibility to correct him if his interpretation of the character was inaccurate or not what he/she wanted.

Just because he said he didn't watch any episodes of the animated shows doesn't exclude the possibility of (when they were discussing/offering the role to him) someone from Disney/LucasFilm sending him a few clips of the character's scenes for reference. As usual people hear/see an isolated comment and are jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst. Regardless of how much research he did for the role, at the end of the day it would be the director's responsibility to correct him if his interpretation of the character was inaccurate or not what he/she wanted.
True but if I was him I would’ve just lied who needs the headache.

They're really pushing the showdown between Ben and Vader, aren't they? I guess that's the only gimmick this show has.

That and Luke's first meeting with Old Ben. I can see it now:

Luke: Are you an Angel?
Not just the showdown BUT the showdown with HAYDEN Vader!

Return of Hayden is a huge huge huge HUGE thing here you have no idea how much importance is riding on his return!

Disney is banking on PT fans making this huge I guess as an apology for the ST. :dunno

How does that even work? Is Vader going to remove his helmet to reveal Hayden? All this hype for one shot of Hayden inside the Vader helmet?
I’m guessing more unmasked Vader in this than masked.

Makes sense since Hayden is the selling point of this show and of course ObiWan as well but everyone is now waiting if Obi will finally say his famous “Hello there” lol

The OT is going down my friend…PT will prevail once and for all….

Hail…..

1653241224094.gif

So now people will think of Hayden's face dressed as Vader walking with hands behind his back, contemplating his evil.

Then Darth Vader is truly dead.

Ledger Joker now becomes the single most famous villain in moviedom. And no one can taint him.

I’m guessing more unmasked Vader in this than masked.

Makes sense since Hayden is the selling point of this show and of course ObiWan as well but everyone is now waiting if Obi will finally say his famous “Hello there” lol

Maybe there will be a scene with Anakin fine tuning the Vader suit's voice modulator. It'd be a perfect opportunity for some guest voice actors. I can see it now: Darth Vader repeating the line "Prepare to die, Obi-Wan" while cycling through the voices of Jar Jar Binks, Ahsoka Tano/Ashley Eckstein, C3PO, etc., etc., before finally settling on that of the iconic............Rey Skywalker! :chase

So now people will think of Hayden's face dressed as Vader walking with hands behind his back, contemplating his evil.

Then Darth Vader is truly dead.

Ledger Joker now becomes the single most famous villain in moviedom. And no one can taint him.
All of my son’s older friends say the same thing…

OT are dated and super boring.

PT are the real deal full of intriguing political machinations that clearly went over everyones heads hence the original hate by OT fans who failed to comprehend how Lucas was predicting the political future of the world order.

Oh and that Hayden is one of the best actors in existence.

They’re not allowed over very much lol

Maybe there will be a scene with Anakin fine tuning the Vader suit's voice modulator. It'd be a perfect opportunity for some guest voice actors. I can see it now: Darth Vader repeating the line "Prepare to die, Obi-Wan" while cycling through the voices of Jar Jar Binks, Ahsoka Tano/Ashley Eckstein, C3PO, etc., etc., before finally settling on that of the iconic............Rey Skywalker! :chase

I see a lot of "Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"

Back