**BEWARE SPOILERS** Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness **BEWARE SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Hasn't the nostalgia already worn thin on NWH? In 3 years, won't it virtually be gone by the time there's a new Spiderman?

Like the nostalgia of seeing the OT cast in The Force Awakens. I have no desire to ever watch that movie again.

That's the problem with nostalgia -- its moves ever forward to make new nostalgia. Always in motion is nostalgia.
Ymmv

One of the Pirates movies? Fury Road? Return of the King? Rogue One? No?
I deliberately left myself an out by saying "almost everything" but yes, films of the caliber that you just mentioned are TB's only competition.

The fact that TB is three hours long and not for one single moment am I waiting for it to get to "the good part" just blows my mind.

There is a reason why this is on my shelf..

396AA6A6-E8B3-4FD1-A2E5-E0A93A0A5DD4.jpeg

And no MOM or NWH light box to be found.

To the victor goes the spoils lol

At the end of the day though all 3 entertained me quite a-lot so no complaints from me for either 3 it’s just that TB was more visceral although I still firmly believe that the old lady housekeeper in TB should’ve died in the explosion lol

MOM was fun magicschlock that I enjoyed. It let me down, but it was a fun ride. TB is... a flick. That exists. It let me down to the point where I'm not even sure I want a Battinson now (I've trimmed all my Bat-Wants to an Arkham City Ras, an Arkham Knight Batman and a Morrison-esque Joker), and I'm thoroughly uninterested in the sequels. I can't find anything from it I truly "liked". It was as if I was watching an amateur trying to copy better NeoNoirs while trying to do "ebin dark and broody and important and totally not a cape because that'd be embarassing" Batman. The ending monologue was worse than "we'll be the match that will that produce the spark that will light the gasoline trail that will burn the First Order down". The pacing, the script, the performances, they were all a mess. I can't believe people all over liked Riddler, and I say this as a Certified Classsic Danobro. The best thing was Farrell hamming it up. I wouldn't describe it as a good capeflick, let alone a good movie. After a certain point I had to fast-forward through it at 3.0x, and I've watched things like Fanny & Alexander and 1900 in one sitting... One of the best in 20 years? You're all talking specifically in the action/pop culture genre... right?

WRrE1X.gif

Oh , NWH was... a thing, too. I'm not even going to call it a flick. It's like a series of poorly rendered shorts held together by string. Even the nostalgia didn't work for me. I "liked" it for about... 3 days, I guess? But yeah, it'd be a disservice to flicks to call it that. None of the MCU Spider-Boy "movies" feel real to me. More like web-specials shown after Hannah Montana reruns or something. I'm not even going to compare it with TB or MOM.

In the end TB is the most film-like out of the the three, as it's technically competently made, but it's not what I consider a good movie. MOM was the one I enjoyed the most. NWH doesn't even deserve to be discussed.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I gave up on TB after the 3rd successive night falling asleep while trying to watch it. Not gonna say it's crap or anything but I don't think it'll be my Batman take of choice. I haven't seen MoM yet so currently it's NWH on top of this year's blockbuster crop for me.

I'm afraid I gave up on TB after the 3rd successive night falling asleep while trying to watch it. Not gonna say it's crap or anything but I don't think it'll be my Batman take of choice. I haven't seen MoM yet so currently it's NWH on top of this year's blockbuster crop for me.
You would’ve been better served had the trailer said:

“Let us save you 3 hours the Riddler did it!”

Last edited:
What's better: NWH, TB or MOM?
TB by a mile, but then I'd say it beats almost everything released in the last 20 years by a mile too.

Can't wait to get the 4K disc tomorrow.
I think it depends on what you're looking for in a superhero film. While I think TB has the better story/plot and is definitely a high quality film, at the end of the day it's a slow-burn detective story with some of the trappings of a superhero flick. For the most part it's not FUN, which is what a lot of people look for first in their superhero movies. I always go back to the first Avengers movie. It has its faults in terms of cinematography but from start to finish it was an absolute blast, plus it kicked off the greatest movie saga (IG) ever attempted.

At the end of the day though all 3 entertained me quite a-lot so no complaints from me for either 3 it’s just that TB was more visceral although I still firmly believe that the old lady housekeeper in TB should’ve died in the explosion lol
She did. She's a ghost.

So M. Night Shyalaman wrote/directed TB? That reminds me, I've still never watched Split. :lol

MOM 4K release announced today for July 26th.

As usual the IMAX aspect ratio will be cropped for the pricey physical disc so no way am I buying one when the IMAX enhanced version will be on D+ in just a few weeks.

This looked really impressive on D+ in the enhanced format with dolby vision.
Yeah I played the first scene up to the point he wakes up from his nightmare just to test last night on my LG OLED TV, it really looked good. I'll watch this again in full in the coming days.

Back