Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last 2 episodes have been slower but I've still enjoyed them a lot, it's clear it's all leading to something big regarding the Howard and Lalo plot lines, it's all so meticulous that I have to watch the episodes two times in a row and still look up some info online, for example I was a bit confused by Gus in Pollos and in the lab but after rewatching it again I think I get what it's leading to, him mentioning the spice curls immediatly triggered him because he pitched them to madrigal before, madrigal is a german company, his contructions workers were german, and Werner Zeigler has a widow in Germany, Lalo is aware of all this info, later Gus goes to the lab and as usual inspects everything, a bit weird but ok, he then does a "robotic" walk to the excavator and leaves the gun in the tires, I thought that perhaps him leaving the gun there was realizing Lalo can't "strike" now as he said so there's no reason to be paranoid but him checking the power cable, counting his steps, he knows Lalo is digging up info on the lab, he knows he will find it, he wants Lalo to go there, right into his trap, lights out, bam, perhaps the famous theory that Lalo is buried under the lab may prove to be correct!
My prediction was sort of correct but there wasn't really any "plan" made on Gus's part, he was just extremely lucky and he knew it too, this whole event with Lalo and Nacho was what turned him into an even colder and more calculating seasoned player we see in Breaking Bad, Lalo was almost one step ahead of him the whole time when you think about it he really was a force of nature, after his lucky victory and lesson it feels like Gus severely undermined Walt because who wouldn't after dealing with Lalo ******* Salamanca, that proved to be his downfall and in the end Lalo did get the last laugh, the bell he gifted his uncle would end up being used to blow Gus to bits after the cook he underestimated turned his obssession of revenge against him.

I'm truly impressed at how intelligently crafted this whole prequel show is comapred to many other modern prequels that are filled with glaring retcons and plot holes, hats off to the writers and really looking forward to the next episodes, the way Kim looked at the end of episode 8 makes me feel like she won't be around for much longer probably of her own choice...

If you've seen any of the number foreshadowing that the show creators have done with this series, you know that something will be happening to Kim on this weeks episode. They hinted at the fates of Nacho, Lalo, and Howard with the number of the episode they died in.

I just don't think this episode will see Kim die. It may be the last we see of Kim Wexler because she has the vacuum guy disappear her and she gets a new identity. Or she is overwhelmed with guilt over Howard that she admits to what happened and takes the blame.

This episode didn’t really do much I didn’t expect but it was the way it did it. Another masterpiece of storytelling.

Another great episode,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Another great episode,

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah all the music and sound effects in this episode was outstanding. Even the subtle thumping during the dialogue free opening.

Amazing episode. The number hints dropped in episodes indicating when their last episode would be lined up now too with Kim. I would say "Kim Wexler" is gone, but we will see her again presumably under a new name. Theories surround the taxi driver being connected to her in Omaha.

Jimmy's - sorry, Saul's - words at the wake about Howard and his relationship with Chuck pretty much summed up his entire motivation.

And the news that HHM is effectively ceasing to exist means Saul has not only been responsible for Chuck and Howard's death but their legacy will now be erased too.

Bit of a slower episode but I hope it's setting up something.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I could've used some sort of connective tissue or refresher within the episode regarding Jeff, reminding the audience about who he is. Despite the role being recast, I would've never remembered that was the person that spotted Saul/Gene. After the episode, I read comments making the connection, which made Gene's motivation more clear. I thought Gene just had the urge to be Saul one more time, but once I made the connection it became apparent it was a continuation of that Season 5 premiere. The episode was kinda neat and all, but largely felt unimportant, but once I read about that connection, I understood the point of the episode.

Loved this episode, I thought the tile "Breaking Bad" was a bit too much on the nose at first but it's actually quite fitting for what happens.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back