Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, amazing first three episodes. Really feeling the Breaking Bad vibes starting to seep through...that insidious undertone of what we know is to come.

So was Kim upset that she thought the worst of Chuck, but it turned out that it was just a nice letter, and she was ashamed?

So was Kim upset that she thought the worst of Chuck, but it turned out that it was just a nice letter, and she was ashamed?

If you remember, Howard read out the letter to her on the phone, the one Saul read in the latest episode was different. So she doctored the letter and now feels guilty.

If you remember, Howard read out the letter to her on the phone, the one Saul read in the latest episode was different. So she doctored the letter and now feels guilty.

Hmm, I remember last week, she went to Howard's office, to pick up the check and the letter. Howard said to her the letter was for Jimmy's eyes only.

When did Howard read her the letter?

Hmm, I remember last week, she went to Howard's office, to pick up the check and the letter. Howard said to her the letter was for Jimmy's eyes only.

When did Howard read her the letter?

You're right, I got mixed up with him reading something else (funeral speech?) to her over the phone in the first episode iirc. :slap

Still, the letter was way too cheery and positive to be coming from Chuck that it seemed too good to be true -- he resented and didn't like Jimmy that much to write something like that.

Something feels off about it.

He read Chuck's obituary over the phone. Not the letter.

There's a BCS podcast w/ Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, and writers and actors from the show -- which is essentially a director's commentary for every episode -- where they spoke about her reaction (there's also a Breaking Bad podcast, by the way). It's primarily because she's watching Jimmy so non-chalantly read this letter and realizing that he's pretty damaged and shut-down. She doesn't know about their final conversation -- where Chuck told Jimmy he never really cared. She just sees his detachment.

I doubt she doctored it. That doesn't sound like her. Might be that she's upset that she was so harsh to Howard, though.

SnakeDoc

I think she cried because her guilt finally washed over her. The guilt hit Howard first, then Kim and now we are waiting for the shoe to drop on Jimmy.

We got a flashforward to BB last week in the opening which was a nice touch and I hope we more in the future. Next season will likely be the last and the one that fully ties everything together.

And we finally got some backstory for Gus in the latest episode. Even if there are still questions on why he was such a big deal in Chile, just getting small info is special.

I like that we're seeing the super lab being built though one of the workers is just asking to be put in a barrel of acid with his attitude. :slap

Wasn't it because he and his partner were the best drug cooks in town?

Could be but Don Eladio kept Gus alive for a reason and not his partner, so there's greater importance on Gus plus his words of (paraphrasing) "Because I know who you are. But let's make something clear -- we are no longer in Chile".

Hector mockingly called him "Grand Generalissimo" which may imply a connection with general Pinochet's neo-facist regime in Chile.

Hank couldn't find any records of Gus ever living there despite being a Chilean national, meaning they were likely wiped to hide an unclean past rather than Gus's explanation of unreliable record keeping he brought up during his interrogation.

All we know is that he immigrated to Mexico in 86 and a few years later was granted a visa to the United States. Anything before that is a mystery.

Back