Beast Kingdom Batman 1989 Batman and Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly, either way it's silly and I hope it changes soon.

Yeah, it doesn't really help anyone or anything considering the toy market has steadily shifted towards adult buyers, and collectibles have always been for adults in the first place.

Last edited:
The more I look at the promo shots, the more I think they probably don't have the rights to the likeness-- they look absolutely nothing like Keaton or Nicholson. I keep seeing Jeff Goldblum Batman & Steve Buscemi as Joker!

The more I look at the promo shots, the more I think they probably don't have the rights to the likeness-- they look absolutely nothing like Keaton or Nicholson. I keep seeing Jeff Goldblum Batman & Steve Buscemi as Joker!

If Nicholson collect royalties for every Joker toy created in '89 he's definitely collecting royalties for this. Everyone would've made a Joker toy by now if they could've gotten away with a likeness like this.

well, the listing specifically mentions Nicholson, so it may just be a matter of the sculpt not being up to par. I think it's actually a pretty decent (but not perfect) likeness.

Product Description​

A cult classic, 1989 saw the unleashing of Tim Burton’s ‘Batman’ to moviegoers who were until then only used to the camp 1960’s television shows. A new dark and otherworldly take on the character introduced fans to a new arch-nemesis in Jack Nicholson’s Joker! His wild and manic depiction of the character quickly won him applause and cemented this version as one of the most iconic Jokers in cinematic history.
Beast Kingdom’s ‘Entertainment Experience Brand’ proudly enters the world of Tim Burton’s Batman with the release of a highly articulatable DAH-032 Batman 1989 Joker. An action figure ready for the ultimate in posing possibilities with its 20 points of articulation, the Joker’s diverse yet scary grin is on full display, with two replaceable head sculpts. With an attention to detail, every element of the 1989 Joker is recreated using a full body suit made of real fabric as well as a set of seven replaceable hands. Included in the set are also some of the Joker’s most iconic accessories, such as the flag pistol, megaphone, dentures and more.

This looks great to me.

55DB9500-29EE-46E0-922E-196AFFBD53A3.jpeg

Looks like from the scene where he’s talking to the gargoyle on top of the cathedral. That manic glee.

“What are you laughing at!”

I also appreciate how they attempted Batman’s suit. My only gripe is that these both look like knock off custom toys. There is something off and unpolished about them.

Is Bats getting released this month? It looks like he might be in stock at at least one store. I’d like to see in hand pics before I order but more than likely I’ll snag one.

Dang! Derpy sculpt and bent ears. There’s some good there but not enough to warrant a purchase.
This would have warranted a purchase perhaps in 1989 where we'd think this is the dog's bollocks, but in 2022? I'd rather have an unfulfilled Mezco Batman 1989 figure.

Back