BBK | BBK016 | 1:6 Scale HELLGIRL Imitators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
See subject.

Features:

Boots
Figure Body
Giant Right Hand
Gloved Hands X 3 Pairs
Head Sculpt w/ Long Horn
Head Sculpt w/ Short horn
Jacket
Necklace
Pistol
Pistol Holster
Tail
Tee
Waist Belt w/ Pouches

1639670169938.png

1639670194316.png

1639670215740.png

1639670237743.png

1639670258558.png

1639670281216.png

1639672349133.png

1639672370835.png

1639672394936.png

There is online chatter about the figure regarding its interpretation, origin, possible use for custom / kit bashing, etc.

Personally speaking, I believe the figure represents female cosplayers doing their interpretation of the character.

As for the head sculpt's appearance and facial expression, maybe it's representing one of the twins that is eventually born by Liz based on the ending from Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

I'm definitely adding this to my collection for 2022.

Not terrible. Definitely a cosplay vibe. I may pick up a couple and use the second for a Darth Talon custom (assuming the legs are red). I've been waiting years for some company to release color bodies that could work for Twi'leks or other alien customs like Shaak-Ti or Orion Slave Girls.

Not terrible. Definitely a cosplay vibe. I may pick up a couple and use the second for a Darth Talon custom (assuming the legs are red). I've been waiting years for some company to release color bodies that could work for Twi'leks or other alien customs like Shaak-Ti or Orion Slave Girls.
--

As for "how" & "why" 1:6 colored bodies are widely available, I've read many discussions over the years, but it always boil down to one thing.

$

Any 1:6 brand may have the "molds" for body components provided a specific color scheme component is used.

X quantity needs to be produced in order to "sell". The typical / usual color is the one widely used (i.e., human flesh tone).

Producing X quantity of a colored body have financial risks where there is no guarante of demand/want by 1:6 collectors where X quantity produced will "sell".

That's always been the case whether 1:6 collectors agree with it, argue with it, etc.

I realize that's the case on the bodies as far as the economies of quantities are concerned. I have no idea what a minimum run is for each body type and color, but producers clearly don't see enough of a potential market in primary colors. Which is why I suppose I have to jump on a color when it becomes available. Hopefully the underlying body on this one is both seamless and red throughout. I meant to pick up the 1:6 Purgatori a while back, but forgot about it. Other that that I haven't seen any other decent conversion candidates. The green Hot Toys Gamora body could conceivably be used as a base for Oola or Vina, but it's not really ideal with the shoulder, bust and hip gaps. Plus it doesn't have bare feet. Similarly, the Nebula is an even less viable option for Aayla Secura due to the bionic arm and the torso. I've seen where some folks have tried to dye bodies or use colored chalk to achieve the right skin tone effect with varying results. Maybe one of the unlicensed companies will eventually produce a line of twi'lek knockoffs. I'm sure they would sell, given the 1:6 Star Wars collector base, so you never know.

I realize that's the case on the bodies as far as the economies of quantities are concerned. I have no idea what a minimum run is for each body type and color, but producers clearly don't see enough of a potential market in primary colors. Which is why I suppose I have to jump on a color when it becomes available. Hopefully the underlying body on this one is both seamless and red throughout. I meant to pick up the 1:6 Purgatori a while back, but forgot about it. Other that that I haven't seen any other decent conversion candidates. The green Hot Toys Gamora body could conceivably be used as a base for Oola or Vina, but it's not really ideal with the shoulder, bust and hip gaps. Plus it doesn't have bare feet. Similarly, the Nebula is an even less viable option for Aayla Secura due to the bionic arm and the torso. I've seen where some folks have tried to dye bodies or use colored chalk to achieve the right skin tone effect with varying results. Maybe one of the unlicensed companies will eventually produce a line of twi'lek knockoffs. I'm sure they would sell, given the 1:6 Star Wars collector base, so you never know.
--

Good observation.

The common colors I believe mentioned over the years across various 1:6 discussions groups are blue, green, and red. Of course, the colors would address wants from customizers/kit bashers.

Some years ago, I recollect there was a movement for Flirty Girl Collectibles to consider doing a limited run of their 1:6 jointed female bodies in blue, green, and red. However, the movement died for a variety of reasons ranging from $, minimum order quantity, and business "integrity"/"transparency" issues with the primary US vendor promoting FGC at the time. Take the preceding with a grain of salt.

PHICEN/TBL too was approached about producing their female seamless bodies in specified colors, but they too were uninterested due to committing finances and MOQ for just the bodies.

Back