BATMAN: WORLD WAR II - based off my illustration and concept design *UPDATED*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BATMAN: WORLD WAR II - My custom figures based off my illustration and concept de

Very cool, reminds me of Marvel Noir, i would definatley buy this comic if DC went ahead with it.

Nice work especially on the strapping to hold the cape, well thought out!

Re: BATMAN: WORLD WAR II - My custom figures based off my illustration and concept de

Really cool idea, and looking good so far :rock

Both customs are great. Only thing I dislike is the BR Joker head and TDK Batman head just because it distracts from the overall theme. Since both heads are so recognizable. I think both figures would look better with custom Joker/Batman head sculpts.

If that makes sense!? :lol

Great work!!!

I'd agree with this... too hard not to think of TDK when you see those sculpts. But sounds like you're on the case :rock

And if you can't find a sculptor, remember it is sometimes easier to find a sculpt you like and modify it to be Batman or the Joker.

I think your idea is amazing I would love a go at doing a custom for this Batman. Only problem being I dont sculpt lol

And here is the official logo I designed for it.

Picture2.png

Nice! Contact EVILFACE, he can print that up so you can use it for your figure stands (if you use them).

Very creative - cool concepts...nice work. :clap

Agreed on the belt - something closer to your illustration will really help distinguish it from the TDK versions.

oh ok coolbeans man! looks dope either way man!

good luck finding a sculptor man. If you can't find anyone, though you shouldn't have any trouble with all the great ones on this board as well as I'm sure you know ppl too, Just hit me up. would be dope to try out a comic styled version of Joker and Bats.

I know there are loads of great sculptors in this board, but it's more like I have to save up to meet their prices.

Because great sculpts are not cheap hahahahahaha, would love to get Bobby C or someone great on here to sculpt a custom batman head.

This is brilliant, brilliant stuff.

I know there are loads of great sculptors in this board, but it's more like I have to save up to meet their prices.

Because great sculpts are not cheap hahahahahaha, would love to get Bobby C or someone great on here to sculpt a custom batman head.

oh ok gotcha man...yea for someone like BobbyC, your def gonna have to save up but will be a one of kind worth while piece I'm sure

Love the concept but the head throws it off, makes it look like the DX wearing clothes. Maybe start an interest thread for a head to be sculpted? It will be cheaper if you can get several other people on board. I would probably be interested.

I am working on getting a sculptor to sculpt a custom head. It's just that when it comes to me, it's not just a matter of getting the guy, give him my drawing and let him go with it.

I am very involved when it comes to my concept and such, so I have to watch over the work and make sure it is what I want and the right direction I want it to go.

Nice work on this, I like seeing different takes on classic characters like this.

If the cost of commissioning a piece ends up putting you off, you could check with Moe in the customs section. He has tons of different Batman sculpts that he sells.

Vartal, Hanouman, William Shatner's Toupee and Sovereign Studios have alot of Batman and Batman related stuff as well. Another is Custom Workz (I think that's his screenname, something like that).

Nice work on this, I like seeing different takes on classic characters like this.

If the cost of commissioning a piece ends up putting you off, you could check with Moe in the customs section. He has tons of different Batman sculpts that he sells.

Vartal, Hanouman, William Shatner's Toupee and Sovereign Studios have alot of Batman and Batman related stuff as well. Another is Custom Workz (I think that's his screenname, something like that).

Thanks for the input and the suggestions. The money doesn't throw me off, because I know great sculpt is not cheap. I am an artist myself and I know nothing is easy when it comes to great art.

I am just looking for someone that is superbly great and someone that I can work together with. Because I am very involved when it comes to my own project hahaha

Very cool, reminds me of Marvel Noir, i would definatley buy this comic if DC went ahead with it.

Nice work especially on the strapping to hold the cape, well thought out!

Thanks man.

I actually slit the jacket and use hook to attach the cape inside the jacket on the shoulders.

Awesome man!

Thanks dude.

Hey, I used to live in Sydney for 8 years or so and did my high school there hahahaha

I used to go to Kings Comics, but man, they are overpriced big time.

I like the concept. I'd suggest switching out the belt though.

Yeah I am actually on the look out for like a brown pouch pocket belt or something.

Yeah I am actually on the look out for like a brown pouch pocket belt or something.

this may be good with some slight modding and painting to be the desired color
https://www.toyanxiety.com/indianajonesindianajonesingermandisguise-belty-strapandammopouches.aspx

or these
https://www.toyanxiety.com/jakehanson-ammobelt.aspx

https://www.toyanxiety.com/lewiswilson-beltandharness.aspx

https://www.toyanxiety.com/russellfranklynammobelt.aspx

https://www.toyanxiety.com/tak-beltwaccessories.aspx

Both customs are great. Only thing I dislike is the BR Joker head and TDK Batman head just because it distracts from the overall theme. Since both heads are so recognizable. I think both figures would look better with custom Joker/Batman head sculpts.

If that makes sense!? :lol

Great work!!!

I'd agree there. Too much familiarity with the sculpts.
As a concept, its fresh and unique. Bravo:clap

Back