Batman The Dark Knight Returns PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that portrait is killer, and I like how they captured the bloodied gritty version of bats

Unfortunately that base is divisive and I can't say I love it, they didn't need a lightning bolt to have him flying/jumping but hey

What's going on with mutant Joker in the base?
Looks like he's being birthed supernaturally out of the lightning and rock? I don't get the story reference idea, even allegorically? It's just bizarre? Takes me out of the scene it's meant to capture.

batman-the-dark-knight-returns_dc-comics_gallery_61d65648a3c00.jpg

I mean it's incredibly well done, but like the artist couldn't decide what scene they were capturing? Lightning, mud, Mutant, Joker's birth, gargoyle, sort of kind of not, just throw it all in at the base...

dark_knight_returns.jpg

f4f72766e4322a6d64f55000ba148d08.jpg

Last edited:
What's going on with mutant Joker in the base?
Looks like he's being birthed supernaturally out of the lightning and rock? I don't get the story reference idea, even allegorically? It's just bizarre? Takes me out of the scene it's meant to capture.

batman-the-dark-knight-returns_dc-comics_gallery_61d65648a3c00.jpg

I mean it's incredibly well done, but like the artist couldn't decide what scene they were capturing? Lightning, mud, Mutant, Joker's birth, sort of kind of not, just throw it all in at the base...

f4f72766e4322a6d64f55000ba148d08.jpg
I think the base is just a joker themed gargoyle, they often have their tongues out?

Also I must have a dirty mind as that last statue looks like bats is very friendly with the mutant lol

Well I went ahead and preordered this one. I think it is very well put together. I like the lightening effect and action pose. Without being 100% accurate it captures the iconic cover well. I am no Millar fan boy, find the art lazy and the story overhyped but understand the importance in Bat history. If I am to have a representation in the collection this is it. I did hover over the PO button thinking about the inevitable Blue oval version but ultimately really like the look of this. Very different to my other Bat statues.

Just a gargoyle, would be a gargoyle. :lol
No kidding
Well I went ahead and preordered this one. I think it is very well put together. I like the lightening effect and action pose. Without being 100% accurate it captures the iconic cover well. I am no Millar fan boy, find the art lazy and the story overhyped but understand the importance in Bat history. If I am to have a representation in the collection this is it. I did hover over the PO button thinking about the inevitable Blue oval version but ultimately really like the look of this. Very different to my other Bat statues.
Yep I'd put money on there being a variant sometime down the line

Certainly one of my all time favorite story lines...but not my favorite art. I'll pass. Favorite Batman art has to go to Jim Lee
Thankfully this statue looks like a person rather than miller's art

I also like Lee, as well as capullo and finch

Back