Batman The Dark Knight Returns PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally
1640107241036.jpeg

Interesting choice, they don't normally do a piece from a specific comic do they? Hopefully this means it will be comic accurate, no need to sideshowify it now!

Screen Rant can exclusive share this first look image of their Dark Knight Returns statue, which is part of the company's "12 Days of Sideshow" event this year. The statue, which we can only show in this dramatically lit silhouette, recreates the famous panel from the comic where lightning strikes behind Batman as he's in midair. A full reveal of the upcoming product will take place during that showcase, running from December 25 - January 5.

I am loving the concept of this piece, despite not being big on TDKR.
This Batman doesn't look as bulky as Miller's Batman. I think we're getting a Batman PF based on the DKR cover but with artistic liberties being taken. I think this could be a younger and more athletic looking Batman than what Miller gave us in DKR. That may not be a bad thing for collectors that are still waiting on a classic Batman PF for their collection. There's 2 things that can stop me from picking this up....a blue costume and the Miller bat emblem on his chest. I only like my Bats in black and that Miller bat emblem looks like a 5 year old drew it. IMO, the emblem looks fat and sloppy. It's by far the worst bat emblem I've ever seen.

To be fair, you could say that everything miller draws looks like a 5 Yr old drew it, not hating though as I appreciate his work

I like how batfleck's emblem looks like his

Pq2E0MN.jpg

Not sure how they could have done it, (thinner more jagged, hairline branching?) but that "lightning" looks more like something Mr. Freeze, Iceman or Elsa conjured up, and he's just sliding down it.

5zeq5b.jpg

Screenrant:
...recreates the famous panel from the comic where lightning strikes behind Batman as he's in midair.
And semantics (meaningless blurb), but it wasn't a famous panel, it was the cover they are obviously referencing.
Although they might imagine it a combined reference with this shot which somewhat represents the ensuing "baptismal" moment in-story.
5zeqmb.jpg

Still a fantastic moment to capture in 3D sculpt
Now I need a parallel one of his inspiration, in silhouette with lightning strike behind him.
MFEblQZ.gif

jWs42a6.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure how else they could have done it either, it's either have a big bolt or have him attached to something else, but the flying illusion is lost then. I'm expecting it to be made out of some sort of light pvc/resin anyway

Back