Batman: Caped Crusader Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matticus

Super Freak
Reaction score
HBO Max and Cartoon Network have greenlit a straight-to-series order for Batman: Caped Crusader, a new animated series based on the DC property. The show boasts a trio of powerhouse executive producers in Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, and Matt Reeves.

https://www.ign.com/articles/batman-caped-crusader-bruce-timm-jj-abrams-matt-reeves-hbo-max

Batman_Caped_Crusader2C_COLOR.jpg

They say ""JJ Abrams" as if that was a good thing and not a surefire sign that your longtime beloved IP is about to get ruined.

I'm not a fan of the vampire eared first appearance Batman look here, but if the animation is in anyway as good as the original B:TAS episodes I'll be down.

(I'm a pessimist....I already know it'll either be 3D CGI or that super cheap, choppy frame rate 2D but drawn on a computer crap like "Invincible.")

And that's not all!

Looks like we'll get an ugly Cartoon Network Cal Arts animation style Superman too!

And what a shock....Jimmy Olsen is race swapped again! Will the Ginger-cide ever stop? No! Hollywood will not rest until every single red-headed character in the history of entertainment gets a race swap. Every single time.

My-Adventures-With-Superman.jpg

Timm hasn't done much for me lately and well Jar Jar Abrams, I don't need to write the essay of how irrelevant he should be. I think it should be a little more edgier than BTAS, but don't go weirdo emo on us and make his Rogue's Gallery go Suicide Squad Leto.

I was excited to hear about this... A New Batman animated show from Bruce Timm!!!! :yess:

Until I saw JJ Abrams' name... :(

And then I saw the new Superman animated show, and again was interested... :)

Until I read the description and saw the photo.... :slap

It's like DC is just trolling me.... :mad:

At least the Batman is clearly Timm work. I would like to see more variation in the way female characters are drawn for this. Don't need more Batgirl/Supergirl are twins with different hair color styles.

But if it can turn out even half as good as BTAS, sign me up.

Just don't have Batman plowing Batgirl. That was a Killing Joke right there for his reputation.

I've been rewatching the original on bluray and there's no way they'll ever get the budget to draw them like that again.

A lot of the best episodes where animated by hand in Japan. Heart of Ice has amazing animation, and so does Clayface pt 2. Even back when it aired I couldn't believe we were getting anime level animation on an American syndicated TV show.

I have no doubt this will be all computer drawn crap like everything else is these days.

More like Jimmy looking like he has some serious developmental problems.

My-Adventures-With-Superman.jpg

All of this has finally started to put me off Marvel and DC altogether. I'll just remember the characters as they have been in the golden age when they made good stories and it had no braindead political agenda.

Back