1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was part of the second batch, received in November 2013.
They just added a sort black plastic bag between the cocoon and the car. It arrived miraculously pristine and stayed in perfect conditions until I sold it two weeks ago.
It was really the item that put me in the hobby.
The first unboxing was a delight. A very impressive with a lot of presence item. I really loved and enjoyed it.
A must have for any Batman 89 lover.
Personally I sold it to order the Jazz version. I’m certain it will be amazing.
But the financial gap is huge, I admit that.
I had the chance to sold mine just before the reissue, I’m lucky.
If it wasn’t sold, I think I would have been stuck with it…

Last edited:
Today I discovered that one of the headlights and the interior lights have stopped working on my Batmobile. I've already got someone who has offered to repair but has anyone here ever disassembled this before?

Today I discovered that one of the headlights and the interior lights have stopped working on my Batmobile. I've already got someone who has offered to repair but has anyone here ever disassembled this before?
No ... but I have a really vague memory of someone taking it apart and repairing it on this forum. Maybe run a search with terms like 'replacement' and 'LED'? Or did I see that on YouTube? I'm very little help but convinced I saw it either here or there.

Found a post of yours mentioning Hot Toys provided instructions on accessing the LEDs and sure enough

32487-bmm3.jpg

Looks like the locations can be accessed individually. Still awkward as hell turning this thing upside down.

Found a post of yours mentioning Hot Toys provided instructions on accessing the LEDs and sure enough

View attachment 625988

Looks like the locations can be accessed individually. Still awkward as hell turning this thing upside down.
Awesome that they made them so easily accessible though. Most of their other vehicles and figure’s led functions are locked up behind glue and sealed plastic.

Does the new Flash movie have a new design of Keaton's batmobile like his upgraded suit or is this one of Todd's personal changes.

Mcfarlane flash movie batmobile

FqUiNEPWcAAqfxz

Could be worse I suppose.

edit - saw from the mcfarlane thread that the car in The Flash movie doesn't seem to have the changes we see in the toy. The proper original design looks better and is always preferable. Although I still think that could be worse.

Last edited:
It still looks nice. Maybe they took liberties so an action figure could fit in without making the overall size of the vehicle too big. Considering the actual vehicle can't fit a real person in with bat ears, it makes sense

It does look pretty cool. I wonder if it will have ultra fragile wheel joints like the Delorean II. I guess I'm too lazy to read through 559 prior pages, but were there any significant quality issues with the original other than scratches?

The Jazzinc version looks better yes, but $1499 is a LOT more. Makes $715 seem almost reasonable for a plastic car...?

Hell it makes me feel better about the delorean... While showing off the features to the kid, I did have to ask my wife to kindly not look up the sticker price for her own sanity...

Although I'm not sure why the prices for the 1989 batmobile or the delorean are high at all considering they got to recycle a LOT of molding and tooling. Just greedy I guess.

It does look pretty cool. I wonder if it will have ultra fragile wheel joints like the Delorean II. I guess I'm too lazy to read through 559 prior pages, but were there any significant quality issues with the original other than scratches?

The Jazzinc version looks better yes, but $1499 is a LOT more. Makes $715 seem almost reasonable for a plastic car...?

Hell it makes me feel better about the delorean... While showing off the features to the kid, I did have to ask my wife to kindly not look up the sticker price for her own sanity...

Although I'm not sure why the prices for the 1989 batmobile or the delorean are high at all considering they got to recycle a LOT of molding and tooling. Just greedy I guess.
What exactly is so much better about the JazzInc car that makes it worth paying double the price. Because I’m still not seeing it…

What exactly is so much better about the JazzInc car that makes it worth paying double the price. Because I’m still not seeing it…
The jazzinc version is still being built, so in point of fact, you can’t actually compare the two.

What you can use to glean the differences between the HT and jazzinc products are the released feature list, the current design specs, and the history of the products delivered. There will also be a series of videos posted by joost that show the product from design through prototype, and on to final product.

At this point, it is clear that the jazzinc version will be almost 5 inches longer, which is more movie accurate, look far sleeker, and have an accurate paint job. It will also have the correct body geometry.

In the end, it will cost more than the HT version, but based on all of joost’s delivery history, I believe the quality and accuracy will blow the HT version away. As I have said before, I have several jazzinc vehicles and also the HT 89 batmobile, and I’m ditching the HT 89 in favor of the jazzinc version. I understand that not everyone is willing to pay for that, but many of us are.

Buy (or don’t buy) whichever makes you happy, but those are the differences we can predict at this point. There will be many more details released as the product develops.

it’s made by people who give a damn, will own up to quality issues, use quality materials, are 1000% dedicated to screen accuracy, will constantly talk to their customers and take feedback and provide regular updates. I’ve got three products from them and they are absolute perfection with zero issues. I can’t say that for 90% of the HT or SS I have. I get it if you can’t afford it though, it is hugely expensive, but it is a compelling investment for those that can afford it and I am buying much less figures and just squirrel away a bit of money at a time to afford it.

Has anyone attempted to repaint the car? I've had it since launch and I think I've mentioned it many times I don't like the paint. I played the Arkham games and the 89 Batmobile looks sick, especially with the weathering. I was wondering maybe a Tamiya spray paint would do the trick. The glossy black on the HT just makes it look like a one of those driveable toy Batmobile for toddlers.
Anyone attempted such a project?

Batman-1989-1024x576.jpg

I think the contrast between the rims too bright and the black body accentuate the plasticity effect.
The only attempt I did was repaint the rims and the sides of the tires.
It already made a huge difference in terms of perception making the car looking much more sleek and sexy.
Never had the balls to dismantle the entire car and repaint it.
10065882-08D6-4AB0-A7BD-3725E85DF92D.jpeg

58960AE6-4718-4F12-B403-5D87353BFFBF.png

28CCD198-06D5-4B7E-943C-B8B1B359CE17.png

I think the contrast between the rims too bright and the black body accentuate the plasticity effect.
The only attempt I did was repaint the rims and the sides of the tires.
It already made a huge difference in terms of perception making the car looking much more sleek and sexy.
Never had the balls to dismantle the entire car and repaint it.
View attachment 642184
View attachment 642183
View attachment 642180

Yeah that looks sweet and makes a huge difference as it is. I've seen one person who fully repainted the car but I forgot who. I honestly look at my 1:18 Hot Wheels more than the HT because it looks like a giant toy. I think with a more matte paint and weathering, this could be a fantastic figure.

Yeah I also think the 1:18 hot wheels is more accurate in terms of sculpt, proportions and paint job.
Adding the fact that Inaccuracies are more noticeable on a big scale.
The HT is a fantastic piece but I see it more like an awesome addition to the figure that dress the display rather than a true replica.

Does anyone have their Batmobile displayed on top of their detolfs? Just wondering if the 18lb weight of this thing will be a problem or not.

Back