1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
850 pieces, wow, I had a chance to get a second one 😭 now I’m regretting it, just imagine how many returned it on scratches alone.

there’s nothing they could do because it’s a matte surface, you can’t buff it out and use polish because it would make it glossy, there’s a trick to buff out matte surfaces but It requires some work.

Is there a fix for LED problems? I pulled out my vehicle from
Storage and this happens 😭
4EF7DE87-C4AE-4B50-A5B9-9B7AEB68A110.jpeg

I’m hoping is a lose cable inside but I’m fearing the worst 😭

EDIT: re seating the cable fixed it 😭😭

With that though is there a company that made LED replacements for these?
72162D4F-C32D-4826-847F-60B19D15714C.jpeg
9B20B147-CF09-4913-BEF0-D9242ECE3F15.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine is the same tried reseating the cable
But nothing. Still trying to put in replacements
You think is the board or just the mini led bulbs? I always contemplated the alternative if eventually they do go
Bad.

Messaging hot toys about replacements just told me they don’t have any because it’s not in production.

You think is the board or just the mini led bulbs? I always contemplated the alternative if eventually they do go
Bad.

Messaging hot toys about replacements just told me they don’t have any because it’s not in production.
How did you message them?

How did you message them?
[email protected]

If you have customer service related questions though go first with the store you bought it from but anything else I go through them.

6661AA28-C0F7-4C2A-87EC-A5EBF155BF1C.jpeg

I’m actually pissed because this is it, once it breaks, it breaks, They didn’t even manufactured spares for purchase At least.

I missed the opportunity to purchase the HT version years ago and I deeply regret it and I would jump at the chance to purchase one if JazzInc produces one but it'll have to be the quintessential Keaton Batmobile (unchanged from 1989/1992). If it's a bit different from the original, it would be difficult for me to purchase however popular or unpopular the Flash movie is.

Normally Joost said that he would try to produce the 89 version but it will be a numbered signature edition, so with shipping it will be 2K…

Normally Joost said that he would try to produce the 89 version but it will be a numbered signature edition, so with shipping it will be 2K…
That’s probably a reasonable estimate, but I suspect he won’t establish pricing until he’s figured out the design and his costs.

Shipping also depends on where it’s going, and who knows what that’s going to look like in several months.

The Forever 95 or the 2022 Batmobile are 1800$ without shipping, the 89 won’t be cheaper to produce IMO…

I'm in the US and the prices I see are $300 less than what you're quoting.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 12.07.30 PM.png

With US shipping estimates, these all go for at or less than $1700 USD delivered, again in the US.

Again, no one can say for certain exactly how much this will cost.

I'm just looking forward to how much more accurate and detailed Joost can make this. If there are enough significant changes in terms of accuracy and features, people will buy it at the set price. If not, then they won't. All we can do is wait and see. Personally, I don't have a problem if Joost takes his time opening up a pre-order for this - I've got three vehicles already that I'd like to have delivered before I add a fourth.

Bad.

I messaged them about a Wonder Woman foot peg and they said the exact same thing the sheisters.

Yeah here in France, any product that enters the territory is subject to 20% VAT.
I imagine that by consulting its website from France the price adjusts automatically.
But since it's a European product, shouldn't the same be the case when importing to the United States?

We don’t have a flat fee schedule like you do. My understanding is that US import duties depend on the declared value and how the shipper defines the contents. When I bought my 1989 batmobile from Hong Kong over the internet, there were no import duties due.

I realize that what I wrote is not completely true.
If I bought a product outside Europe from a distributor who would have imported it himself, the latter would have passed on the import costs to the final price.
Joost sells its products directly and European products are not subject to customs duties.
catalog prices should be the same as for US buyers.
I find it hard to understand why Europeans are automatically penalized by 20%...

I realize that what I wrote is not completely true.
If I bought a product outside Europe from a distributor who would have imported it himself, the latter would have passed on the import costs to the final price.
Joost sells its products directly and European products are not subject to customs duties.
catalog prices should be the same as for US buyers.
I find it hard to understand why Europeans are automatically penalized by 20%...

I'm certainly no tax expert, but I believe it is VAT.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 9.13.44 AM.png

Here is the full link explaining it better:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/taxation/vat/vat-rules-rates/index_en.htm
Our governments in action ;)

I messaged them about a Wonder Woman foot peg and they said the exact same thing the sheisters.
I’m tempted to ask them for spares when I get a new figure to see if they really offer spares.

Would they re release the 1989 Batmobile? I‘m surprised to have seen the batpod and tumblers re released so i’m hoping. That would be the perfect opportunity to stock Up on spares I think.

Not sure. The 89 Batmobile was a nightmare for HT. Many QC and shipping issues, they lost a lot of money with it.
If they decide to re-issue it, it wouldn’t be at the 2013 price IMo…

Back