Batgirl The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
This just in....

From SuperHeroHype.com

Holy female empowerment, Batman! Variety is reporting that none other than geek legend Joss Whedon (Avengers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly) has signed to write, produce and direct a Batgirl movie for Warner Bros. and DC Films!

Whedon, of course, directed Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron for Marvel Studios, grossing nearly $3 billion dollars in the process. Now that his jumped over to the competition it is confirmed that his Batgirl film will be part of the ever-evolving DC Extended Universe that includes the upcoming Wonder Woman, Justice League, Aquaman and The Batman solo film, as well as another female-centric entry in David Ayer’s Gotham City Sirens.

No other producers are attached to Batgirl, though Toby Emmerich, Jon Berg and Geoff Johns will oversee the project for the studio, which apparently only came into being within the last month.

Whedon, who had previously written a treatment for his own Wonder Woman movie a decade ago, was last said to be working on a World War II horror movie, but has stated previously that he would like to make a Batman film. Whether he will take a larger role overseeing the DCEU as he did during Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe remains to be seen, but for now that role belongs to Geoff Johns.

ComingSoon.net will bring you more on the Batgirl movie as it happens!

Last edited:
Re: Batgirl - Written, Directed and Produced by Joss Whedon

I'll admit that I'm not a big DC guy, but with Joss attached I'm definitely interested.

DC can't catch a break :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in what he puts together.

Sweet! It's about time she gets her own flick.

Ugh... I bet you 10$ he's gonna bring Sarkeesian with him...

08D4ETp.png

I'll never understand why these guys fight for her cause. Just like with Neil Druckman (director/writer of The Last of Us) they take these pics and kiss her ass and then they release their movie/game and she calls their work sexist too :lol

There's no pleasing a feminist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll never understand why these guys fight for her cause. Just like with Neil Druckman (director/writer of The Last of Us) they take these pics and kiss her ass and then they release their movie/game and she calls their work sexist too :lol

'Cause they're afraid of being labeled as...

I have a feeling that the guys who gave Joss Whedon s*** during the production of Age of Ultron are regretting it now. :lol

Even though I'm not a DC fan, I might be interested in this with Joss involved.

So, finally a DC movie that might actually be good.

Scrap the Gotham Sirens movie and combine it with this one.

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey vs Gotham Sirens... might as well go all out at this point :lol

I'll never understand why these guys fight for her cause . . . they take these pics and kiss her ass and then they release their movie/game and she calls their work sexist too :lol

Because her ***** game is ridiculous.

Back