Batgirl The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but tell me when that many people work on a film that they aren’t giving it their all that they aren’t doing it because they love making films that it’s just a paycheck. Please tell me. Because every single interview I have ever seen with a film maker, and I’m taking everyone not just the director, they LOVE their jobs. It’s a job yes. But it’s more than that. I’m not on forums talking about phones or tuppaware or carpets. If i truly LOVED those things I wouldn’t be here. I’ve lost sleep when projects I’ve worked on have been shelved and that’s nothing compared to something of this scale.
Yup, I'm sure the teamsters, craft service, ALL the carpenters and that creepy grip that's on every set are all thoroughly devastated. IATSE will be holding a wake and sitting shiva for the next week.

The only people who are emotional about this are the dweeb PAs and 3rd ADs who still "believe" in movies and the agents who aren't partner level.

Yup, I'm sure the teamsters, craft service, ALL the carpenters and that creepy grip that's on every set are all thoroughly devastated. IATSE will be holding a wake and sitting shiva for the next week.

The only people who are emotional about this are the dweeb PAs and 3rd ADs who still "believe" in movies and the agents who aren't partner level.
Just got the email!

Nah you’re simply just over reacting because 99.9% of productions these work for hire contractors work on see a release.

Have you looked at the Netflix library lately lol

Since Batgirl was cancelled 4 quadrillion hours of content has been released.

I think the human race will do just fine without Batgirl.
You’re probably right

Except the bit about the human race doing just fine

Boo hoo. A bad movie is a bad movie. Do you really feel that way after watching something like Harley Quinn and the unbearable lightness of mentality or whatever the title was? People work hard on all kinds of things that are failures.

Why are you even picking this battle? The next movie or figure you piss on I'm going be all over you about the poor workers behind it.
A failure and a film that won’t see the light of day are two separate things. At least a film that didn’t do well had an opportunity.

I didn’t know I was picking a battle. Just stating my view. I will always say if I don’t like a film. I’m not even talking about whether Batgirl is good or not, I never mentioned quality. It’s more a case of people worked on this and for some I’m sure it was just a job and they don’t give a toss about the film but there would be tons of people doing it because they want to because they choose to. Who knows if it’s a good film or not. That’s not relevant to the issue. Don’t worry I bagged ADI in the Prey thread so I’m expecting you at my door with a pitchfork any minute now lol.

I bagged ADI in the Prey thread so I’m expecting you at my door with a pitchfork any minute now lol.

Step outside, Pop Tart.

dShuqPBMwxJq6NGXEhtaLx4uUUU.jpg

Oh I'm so bummed I'll never get to whiz by bits and pieces of this while channel surfing past it on an endless loop on TNT in a few months.

Not.

Yeah but tell me when that many people work on a film that they aren’t giving it their all that they aren’t doing it because they love making films that it’s just a paycheck. Please tell me. Because every single interview I have ever seen with a film maker, and I’m taking everyone not just the director, they LOVE their jobs. It’s a job yes. But it’s more than that. I’m not on forums talking about phones or tuppaware or carpets. If i truly LOVED those things I wouldn’t be here. I’ve lost sleep when projects I’ve worked on have been shelved and that’s nothing compared to something of this scale.

I knew someone a while back who got her SAG card for a small part in a mainstream film because it was being shot in her state ( I guess the tax credits, etc, etc, made it more viable to do it there) She got a part like a lot of other locals, but they had to beat out like hundreds of other people to get that far. So her film's parent company got caught into one of these mergers/buyouts/whatever situations and the film was basically put on a shelf for two years.

So when she was still auditioning for parts, apparently it made it much harder for her since no one could see her part in a finished product. And that was her only screen credit. All the while she was living in LA, and spending time auditioning and trying to scrape by to survive out there.

You live in your small bubble of a small town or even a city, and maybe you were the one person who could sing and dance and were the great theater person, etc, etc, and then you get thrown into a big as pool of people who are also good looking, and can sing and dance and act and all that stuff.

I don't know if she got squeezed between the sides or not. Because I mean she made it further than many people ( she got a speaking part in a film and got her SAG card and that was enough to get an agent) But when things like this happen, someone is losing opportunity somewhere.

Chris Klein and Nick D'Agosto IIRC only have film careers or had them because they were actually students that Alexander Payne used when he filmed Election. Because it was a critically loved film and has some cult status, that gave them them the springboard to carve out a living. Ed Furlong from T2 was found at an arcade. He was just some kid. Imagine if he decided to spend that Saturday somewhere else?

There was a roundtable interview of comedians somewhere, and it was interesting, because all the people there were people that could be recognized in movies, comedies, TV shows, etc, and they all said there were lots of super talented people who didn't break through and they will never understand why.

In that regard, Batgirl is that bad timing in life for someone. Probably lots of unnamed people who needed a bit of a break. That's unfortunate.

I don't know if life is all about luck, but timing is a damn big deal in a lot of things. I'm pretty sure everyone here can list 2-3 times they should have died in a car wreck or gotten hurt badly if they did one thing different. Didn't hit the brakes or if they stepped one foot to the right, etc etc.

People get punished for things they can't control. That's a hard part of real life when you grow up and get tossed out into the real world. The dismissal isn't meant to be cruel, it's just that people have their own problems. I've got my own problems, I don't have time for anyone else's stuff. I wish no one ill will, I just don't have the energy for it.

Disappointment is very personal. Until it's not.

The things none of us really learned in college, right?

I always see your avatar as a pop tart, not a cracker. I like pop tarts. "Step outside, cracker" would likely get me into trouble.

Now you have me thinking about the people behind the scenes who make all those crackers.
“Step outside Salada underpants” because technically that’s what they are.
At least that’s what my son called it.

Kevin Fiege to Adil & Bilall:

"My friends, I had to reach and let you know we are all thinking about you both. Because of the wonderful news about the wedding (congrats!) and the disappointing news about 'Batgirl.' Very proud of you guys and all the amazing work you do and particularly 'Ms. Marvel' of course! Can't wait to see what is next for you. Hope to see you soon."

I don't know if she got squeezed between the sides or not. Because I mean she made it further than many people ( she got a speaking part in a film and got her SAG card and that was enough to get an agent) But when things like this happen, someone is losing opportunity somewhere.
Well for sure, but that's one data point in a brutal equation. I know many working actors, and you haven't heard of any of them. Never mind the ones whose careers don't actually take off.
There was a roundtable interview of comedians somewhere, and it was interesting, because all the people there were people that could be recognized in movies, comedies, TV shows, etc, and they all said there were lots of super talented people who didn't break through and they will never understand why.
SO many. Talented musicians, artists, performers ... people you would get chills watching .. and it just never happened.
I don't know if life is all about luck, but timing is a damn big deal in a lot of things. I'm pretty sure everyone here can list 2-3 times they should have died in a car wreck or gotten hurt badly if they did one thing different. Didn't hit the brakes or if they stepped one foot to the right, etc etc.
Yep.
People get punished for things they can't control. That's a hard part of real life when you grow up and get tossed out into the real world. The dismissal isn't meant to be cruel, it's just that people have their own problems. I've got my own problems, I don't have time for anyone else's stuff. I wish no one ill will, I just don't have the energy for it.

Disappointment is very personal. Until it's not.

The things none of us really learned in college, right?
*snap* *snap* *snap* *snap* *snap* *snap*

Yeah it looks like the pecs are molded in foam/rubber, and the abs are just a printed pattern on nylon.

But maybe that's just the stunt suit or something for better motion.

Whatever the case, even if this movie and the Flash movie never see the light of day, I still want a figure of Old Man Keaton. It's just neat. I bought several figures of Old Man Luke despite loathing every facet of Disney SW movies to my very core. It's just cool to have older versions of my childhood heroes so I can imagine them having cooler further adventures than what we actually see on screen.

Saw some girl on tik tok say that the reason is cause they don’t want anymore woman in the WB films anymore. Idk

Saw some girl on tik tok say that the reason is cause they don’t want anymore woman in the WB films anymore. Idk

It's probably true, if we are talking current times and having women in leading roles.

Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds Of Prey were seen as complete failures.

I thought the first Wonder Woman was pretty good. Then Patty Jenkins just destroyed her own franchise. One of the two villains was a political caricature and that was more "message" than substance. It also likely alienated a lot of people from the entire franchise period. The other was the body swapping controversy, where the film just got more and more offensive. I don't know how hard it is to not jab at your potential fanbase, but Jenkins seemed intent on doing just that.

At least with WW84, you could kind of see how a good movie might have been trapped inside what ended up on film, but BOP was just plain bad.

Investors want a safe bet. If I had a choice as a big time investor to pour money into Denzel Washington in Equalizer 3 or a DC female led superhero film, which one is more likely to make me more money?

I know Denzel has a long time built in fanbase that will watch him in anything. If he showed up as a dinosaur in Jurassic Park 15, many people would still go. I don't think Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie have that kind of pull.

What Kevin Feige did with Marvel is create a reliable product. All the films aren't going to be fan favorites like GOTG1, but you know you are getting a certain type of production values, acting, music, action scenes, etc, etc. Feige essentially turn superhero marketing into a fast food happy meal. And that's OK if people understand the trade offs and what they are getting.

With DC stuff, fans have the expectation that if it's a good film, it was a pleasant surprise or an accident. Man Of Steel was great. If the universe held to that standard, I think they'd be doing much better.

If I am going to be fair about it, bringing one of the stars of the disaster Ghostbusters reboot to Wonder Woman was probably a really bad idea.

The God Of Hollywood is money, not woke. Tinsel Town just seemed intent on alienating it's audience over a long period of time. They said if you don't like our movies, don't watch them and leave. So people did.

People will love something if it's good. Veronica Mars came out of nowhere. But it was really good. It respected it's audience. It made you care about the characters. At least the first season, there were consequences for actions and people could relate to the struggles of all the characters. Most of all, it didn't try to tell half it's audience to ESAD because they wouldn't rationalize bad storytelling.

Investors want safe bets. Ideology doesn't pay the bills. The best actresses who can actually carry a film ( think Emily Blunt) don't want to soil their careers with bad movies built on bad story telling built on activism.

Back