Batgirl The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll always be a fan of the DC mythos, and I'd take them over Marvel, all day, every day. But watching WB's bungling of the DC franchise used to fill me with rage but now its utter implosion fills me with a sense of schadenfreude. While I'm pleased to hear Zaslav is putting a 10 year plan into motion to get DC films back on track, I'll be treating the news with extreme caution. Fool me once, etc etc. I think nothing but wiping the slate clean can help the DCEU at this point.

A very realistic problem for the DCEU is the massive number of actors who are or were in the MCU. That makes them impossible to cast in anything else.

I mean you can't ask Anthony Hopkins to be Aquaman's father when he's already been Thor's father. There are only so many existing actors and actresses who have proven they can carry a movie on their own.

The other problem is there's an inevitable saturation point with comic book films. It's going to happen at some point.

The best angle I see right now is prestige television. Think like House Of Cards, but for something like Superman or Wonder Woman. Big budget but long form story telling. That's all Zack Snyder did with his new Justice League, it's a reformed type of prestige television.

A very realistic problem for the DCEU is the massive number of actors who are or were in the MCU. That makes them impossible to cast in anything else.

I mean you can't ask Anthony Hopkins to be Aquaman's father when he's already been Thor's father. There are only so many existing actors and actresses who have proven they can carry a movie on their own.

The other problem is there's an inevitable saturation point with comic book films. It's going to happen at some point.

The best angle I see right now is prestige television. Think like House Of Cards, but for something like Superman or Wonder Woman. Big budget but long form story telling. That's all Zack Snyder did with his new Justice League, it's a reformed type of prestige television.
If it's going to happen at some point, that point is obviously more than FIFTEEN YEARS beyond IM1, which was (possibly, some would say Spiderman 2002) the kick-off of this superpower-supersaturation era.

It's really a matter of if someone's willing to buy, then there's someone willing to sell. You'd think Gordon Gekko of all people would understand that. Greed - and milking your franchises dry - works.:lol

And um... we don't talk about House of Cards anymore. Beat Dave W to that one.:yess:

the-batman.jpg

*the angst intensifies*
Since I absolutely hated The Batman (turned it off after half. Incredibly boring), I think I would've hated this too and it's good it got canceled.

Since I absolutely hated The Batman (turned it off after half. Incredibly boring), I think I would've hated this too and it's good it got canceled.
So it's not just me. It sent me to sleep 3 consecutive nights. At that point I realized I just didn't care how he caught the Riddler so opted not to try a 4th time.

So it's not just me. It sent me to sleep 3 consecutive nights. At that point I realized I just didn't care how he caught the Riddler so opted not to try a 4th time.
While I love the movie especially because of the atmosphere and having the best Batman and Batmobile entrances ever plus RP amazing performance as Batman I can see how the “mystery” of the movie being there just so that we can finally see him be this great detective fans have always been asking for can be off putting and rather silly and anticlimactic because the first teaser trailer already revealed to the audience who the main villain was going to be lol

So yeah you really need to love the atmosphere, his entrance, batmobile entrance and RP eye balls to give this movie a pass and forgive its slow pace and the silly mystery lol

Last edited:
While I love the movie especially because of the atmosphere and having the best Batman and Batmobile entrances ever plus RP amazing performance as Batman I can see how the “mystery” of the movie being there just so that we can finally see him be this great detective fans have been always asking for can be off putting and rather silly and anticlimactic because the first teaser trailer already revealed to the audience who the main villain was going to be lol

So yeah you really need to love the atmosphere, his entrance, batmobile entrance and RP eye balls to give this movie a pass for forgive its slow pace and the silly mystery lol
Which I guess I just didn't really. In this particular case.

There's other movies that are similarly Atmosphere-focused such as Bladerunner 2049 and I was on board with that one. But speaking of Bladerunner - used to find the original boring even with its perfect atmosphere. The belated follow-up made me revisit and appreciate the original as I never had before. So it could happen with The Batman down the line.

Which I guess I just didn't really. In this particular case.

There's other movies that are similarly Atmosphere-focused such as Bladerunner 2049 and I was on board with that one. But speaking of Bladerunner - used to find the original boring even with its perfect atmosphere. The belated follow-up made me revisit and appreciate the original as I never had before. So it could happen with The Batman down the line.
Great point I hated BR opening weekend I know right lol

I’m still only OK with it I do appreciate the atmosphere in it.

Btw which BR cut do you prefer.

The reality though is that WB instantly turned this movie into a must see event approaching instant legendary cult status :slap
Yep the British Film Institute just added this to the list of the greatest lost films ever made right between London After Midnight and the original cut of A Star is Born, lol.

Back