Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger is always better but I have the Bandai one and VV so happy to stay at that size.
I'm the same and have them posed together, so it would be weird to have a giant Lion Voltron next to dwarf Vehicle Voltron.

For those that don't have a voltron and looking for 1, the Blitzway 5Pro is the buy and forget purchase, you don't have to worry about any future releases you might want to upgrade to. They might even do vehicle voltron who knows.

How's the articulation compared to SOC?

Looking to pick this up. Is AWESOME COLLECTOR a legit site to purchase from?

So DJBoogaloo.....did you finally get one?

I still can't pull the trigger at 33000-35000....I never pay that much for a single toy, and times are tight now anyway as it is.

Hope you were finally able to get one for retail, though!

So DJBoogaloo.....did you finally get one?

I still can't pull the trigger at 33000-35000....I never pay that much for a single toy, and times are tight now anyway as it is.

Hope you were finally able to get one for retail, though!
SOC (or any Bandai diecast) pricing had been out of reach for me since the big price hike on their standard sized Mazingers... They used to be $40, now they start from $100.

Funnily enough I am curious to know if they ever made Voltron Lion Keys? I forgot about them until I watched the show again then remember when I was kid how much I wanted one!!! one that works and changes maybe, I’ve seen static keys but just curious if they made transforming keys in the past

Just opened mine to take a quick look. Initial impression is it's pretty cool but nowhere near worth the $330 price tag.

Just opened mine to take a quick look. Initial impression is it's pretty cool but nowhere near worth the $330 price tag.
I think it’s worth it, considering the soul of chogokin quality but of course the original price was $250, we just just got shafted.

Toku has it for 315
https://tokullectibles.com/products...UA&utm_source=facebook&variant=39470620770388
managed to opened mine and found this omg lolol

Interesting to see the dream works copyright off the box along with the year of production!
0AB5AA43-A3F3-4B1C-8864-CC23946A380F.jpeg
3819147F-1F86-487E-BACC-DCD38D3F50E0.jpeg
589615C1-7696-466A-BBBB-0E8EBE7B04B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have any thoughts on this Voltron vs. the upcoming Blitzway version besides the fact that the Blitzway one is larger?

On the Blitzway I like the Voltron mode head more, and I like the teeny tiny pilots in the lions.

I get what they were doing with the hideaway leg gimmick but I'm not sure it was necessary.

My biggest gripe is that green lion is way too boxy because of it, and doesn't have the rounded curves it's supposed to have compared to the boxy red lion.

Add in the nostalgia factor of the Chokogin version basically being an upgraded version of my childhood Voltron, and that still makes it more desirable to me than the Blitzway.

Still....I can't swing $350 on a toy right now. I know that's chump change to some people but I just can't do it on a single item. If it was $250....in heartbeat. $300....I'd hesitate but talk myself into it. As it is right now, it's just still too rich for my blood.

The Blitzway looks good. I like the light up eyes and the action stand for the Lions. Looks like it’s about 15 inches tall. It will just fit in a detolf. I have the chokogin and I love it but Blitzway is very tempting.

Back