Bandai GX-71 Beast King GoLion - Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll say what I said in 2019...if Bandai refuses to sell this to me for retail IN Japan, the same country they're based in, I don't give a damn what their reasons are. They can shove the little metal lions up their ass.

They are the first or second biggest toymaker in the country. I refuse to jump through hoops or play their games. I've lived this long without a high end Voltron and I'll go the rest of my life without one if I have to.

Sometimes things get screwed up, but not this time. This is the THIRD time. This is a choice Bandai is making, purposefully. Well, eff 'em. I'm out.

I'll say what I said in 2019...if Bandai refuses to sell this to me for retail IN Japan, the same country they're based in, I don't give a damn what their reasons are. They can shove the little metal lions up their ass.

They are the first or second biggest toymaker in the country. I refuse to jump through hoops or play their games. I've lived this long without a high end Voltron and I'll go the rest of my life without one if I have to.

Sometimes things get screwed up, but not this time. This is the THIRD time. This is a choice Bandai is making, purposefully. Well, eff 'em. I'm out.

Well said. I?ve tried messaging them but both they and Takara seem to have no legitimate way of contacting them regarding any issues with their product from what I can tell.

I plan on being in line when the shops open on August 27th to try to score one. But, easier said than done.

can't you preorder on japan sites like HLJ/Aamiami or less popular sites like Solaris?

That's a good find....you gonna pull the trigger? I really can't afford it right now.

That's a good find....you gonna pull the trigger? I really can't afford it right now.

Yeah I ordered it. Like all things on Amazon, you pay when it?s available. Preorder it now. You might have the funds available in late August when it ships.
I?ve also got one preordered from Toy Dojo. Will probably end up canceling that one.

Thanks to your heads up, I put in an order and like you said, I can cancel if I need to. It's "only" marked up 7000 from retail which is, sadly, the cheapest I've been. People are just damn vultures when it comes to this toy.

You still planning on camping out somewhere to try to get one at a store?

I try to do that as little as possible. The Japanese are masters of camping out and waiting in line. I've seen 'em do it overnight for stuff like Wonder Fest.

I swear there's some part of their brain that LOVES waiting in line. Must get drilled into them in elementary school or something.

Thanks to your heads up, I put in an order and like you said, I can cancel if I need to. It's "only" marked up 7000 from retail which is, sadly, the cheapest I've been. People are just damn vultures when it comes to this toy.

You still planning on camping out somewhere to try to get one at a store?

I try to do that as little as possible. The Japanese are masters of camping out and waiting in line. I've seen 'em do it overnight for stuff like Wonder Fest.

I swear there's some part of their brain that LOVES waiting in line. Must get drilled into them in elementary school or something.

I tried a few times here in Tokyo and have always been thwarted by otaku who, like you said, camp out overnight and then literally grab every copy available on the shelves.

Since I?m ?only? paying a small markup over the retail, I?d really rather not be bothered in spending the time and train fare to try to get one at an actually brick and mortar store.

I did grab the metallic Titan Power Golion the other day online. Can?t wait for it to arrive.

Well, I went ahead and canceled my order....I just can't swing nearly $400. The toy looks really, really nice. But I'm not THAT big a Voltron fan. I really hope you finally get yours DJ. Maybe you'll let me come over and play with it sometime!

Well, I went ahead and canceled my order....I just can't swing nearly $400. The toy looks really, really nice. But I'm not THAT big a Voltron fan. I really hope you finally get yours DJ. Maybe you'll let me come over and play with it sometime!

Have you checked out the Titan Power Golion? It?s $150 and is pretty awesome. I highly recommend it.

Yeah, that one's too off-model for my taste.

I really liked what is one of the selling points of the Bandai version, which is that it's essential a really high end upgrade of the toys I had as a kid.

Unfortunately, it's just too high-end for me when it's clocking in at nearly $400. If it were only around $299 that a lot of people got it for initially I could probably convince myself to get it. But I'm gonna need that extra $100 later and I just can't do it. Maybe someday Bandai will produce enough that everyone CAN get it at $299 but I sincerely doubt that at this point.

Oh well....I had my chance when it first came out, so I can't put all the blame on them.

Yeah, that one's too off-model for my taste.

I really liked what is one of the selling points of the Bandai version, which is that it's essential a really high end upgrade of the toys I had as a kid.

Unfortunately, it's just too high-end for me when it's clocking in at nearly $400. If it were only around $299 that a lot of people got it for initially I could probably convince myself to get it. But I'm gonna need that extra $100 later and I just can't do it. Maybe someday Bandai will produce enough that everyone CAN get it at $299 but I sincerely doubt that at this point.

Oh well....I had my chance when it first came out, so I can't put all the blame on them.
I feel your pain. I really want a Lion set and Voltron as well, so getting one now while I can and then in a few years when it is inevitably rereleased, grabbing a second, is my most cost effective way. Can't afford two sets in one month while also grabbing all my other figures. Wife would have me on the street with a pile of broken toys

bz1.jpg

Now this has my attention!!

Apparently it's by Blitzway...fully licensed so not a bootleg. I've never seen a Voltron toy try to hide the lion legs like that either.

Sadly, this will probably cost as much or more than the Bandai I can't get a good price for.

If it were cheaper though it would be a great alternative.

More info is supposed to come out next month.

I think it can held by several licensors at once. All the Playmates stuff came out while bandai's version was on the market. Probably all has to do with different markets or different materials. Or maybe they simply don't care and just let anyone with the money make competing products.

I've been tempted by this recently but I was just thinking...

Do you think threezero would ever have a go at Voltron? I'd love to see what they could do with it.

i guess i'm the only one content with the cheap Lego set lol. it ain't cheap but i got it cheap, and assembled. saves me 3 days assembling it.

Back