1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a shame ss wasnt doing good deals a year back when i needed these figures , even so this would total about £425 against £250 from twhk in january 2022. theres was a quality 3rd party shield which has lights in the handle got mine on ebay for £23.

If there’s anyone left who doesn’t have this figure, you’re going to want to jump on this Sideshow sale.

509EA3BA-D24C-47B8-95F2-4C018E5925B1.jpeg

I actually like the shield lol. I got mine in a bit ago, and it’s much better than I anticipated. Idk what else they could do with it, but it does the job it’s meant to just great imo

I jumped on this yesterday, crazy good deal. Always knew this would hang around for a deep discount so was fine waiting, did the same with the regular 85 and finally picked that up for 25% off a few months ago as well.

bought him for around 500AUD earlier this year - pretty happy with him! Not sure whether I want to complete the trinity though, i just need a cap

i got mine from twhk at this price all in a year ago but its good to see ss at least trying but regarding the shield heres a pic of the 3rd party one its thicker & has the light up function which looks good with the glow in the dark panel lines , might still be axailable somewhere.

Attachments

• stock_master_toys_16_holograph_1654226057_8cb4ff2d_progressive.jpg
    stock_master_toys_16_holograph_1654226057_8cb4ff2d_progressive.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0
I’m tired of this great RDJ sculpt just sitting in the box so I ordered this bust from Apollo Toys, it looks like a winner.
Responded to you in the Thanos head saying that looks good. These custom stands on the other hand have messy paint application and can be uneven. Not sure if anyone else has had a different experience.

Received my Mark 85 add on kit from Taobao this weekend and set to work on it. It's designed to fill in the annoying gaps all over the Hot Toys Mark 85 figure. While the paint is a dead on match for the regular 85, I wanted to weather this set to be used seamlessly on the Battle Damaged Mark 85. I used a small wireless engraving tool to carve out the battle scars. Then used lacquer paints to get the black charring effect as well as acrylics to match the flat aluminum edging and brown spattering. Now the add on parts (neck, traps, lats, obliques, biceps, inner thighs etc) are closely matched to the original battle damage, and the figure has a fuller more natural looking silhouette.

AF.jpg

B4.jpg

dtfjgfh.jpg

BN.jpg

uiyuyt.jpg

wertey.jpg

Received my Mark 85 add on kit from Taobao this weekend and set to work on it. It's designed to fill in the annoying gaps all over the Hot Toys Mark 85 figure. While the paint is a dead on match for the regular 85, I wanted to weather this set to be used seamlessly on the Battle Damaged Mark 85. I used a small wireless engraving tool to carve out the battle scars. Then used lacquer paints to get the black charring effect as well as acrylics to match the flat aluminum edging and brown spattering. Now the add on parts (neck, traps, lats, obliques, biceps, inner thighs etc) are closely matched to the original battle damage, and the figure has a fuller more natural looking silhouette.

View attachment 651794

View attachment 651795

View attachment 651796

View attachment 651798

View attachment 651799

View attachment 651800
Do you have a link to the set?

Awesome work as always @rory :clap

How difficult was it to take off the parts on the HT figure to replace with the custom parts? I was thinking about getting the set, but I can’t see how to take off the parts on the figure to then replace with the the new ones.

Awesome work as always @rory :clap

How difficult was it to take off the parts on the HT figure to replace with the custom parts? I was thinking about getting the set, but I can’t see how to take off the parts on the figure to then replace with the the new ones.
Not him but it's not hard. The shop does provide video instructions too.

Best is to get a parts separator (gunpla part separator) so it's easier for you to remove the thigh pieces. The rest are mostly plug and play.

Not him but it's not hard. The shop does provide video instructions too.

Best is to get a parts separator (gunpla part separator) so it's easier for you to remove the thigh pieces. The rest are mostly plug and play.
Thank you! I do have a set of different sized part separators that I use a lot for transformers. Never thought about using them for this figure :slap The only parts that come off easily on mine are are the shoulder bits, but have been too scared to try other areas, specifically the bicep pieces as those appear to be on a slider hinge that I worry about breaking.

Thank you! I do have a set of different sized part separators that I use a lot for transformers. Never thought about using them for this figure :slap The only parts that come off easily on mine are are the shoulder bits, but have been too scared to try other areas, specifically the bicep pieces as those appear to be on a slider hinge that I worry about breaking.
Bilibili Video of the swapping process

The arms requires some screws but still manageable since you do modify transformers.

Bilibili Video of the swapping process

The arms requires some screws but still manageable since you do modify transformers.
thank you for sharing the video! Definitely no where near as difficult as I had assumed. Hardest thing for me will be the biceps only b/c mine has been custom wired so I can't remove the arms, but should still be doable.

Back