1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the battle damage looking bad, maybe it's the lighting in the pics........

apparently backlash on this got bad and they removed it from display?

It looks like they literally forgot the airbrush on the battle damage and just left the plastic color difference. It's harsh and lacks depth. I looked at the proto pics just now and I think that's the main difference...besides the protopics being photoshopped as well, I'm sure. I remain squarely on the fence...

If they did remove it from the display case, they are in super duck and cover mode...

That being said, I can almost bet that is the final product and the softness and roundness to the damage is a result of it being now metal parts.

The prototype was not made of diecast, from what I could tell and if the sharpness had been retained it would be razor sharp in some areas of the metal. Obviously they cannot do that... so this is what you end up with. Doesn't look great, not gonna lie.

Those shoulder pads look like crinkled up aluminum foil now.

Last edited:
I found more:

223375182-525420098665017-1504625357339737527-n.jpg

222091652-525420955331598-9195327738220157978-n.jpg

217513436-4142818592463256-3933887440243483081-n.jpg

the collar around the neck is too thin too

Last edited:
Wow. That's. Yeah.

I don't know if I will cancel it, bordering though. Seeing them side by side like that really shows the drastic step backwards (assuming that's the final version). It looks like someone took a hot piece of metal to plastic and just randomly pressed it before painting.

Wow. That's. Yeah.

I don't know if I will cancel it, bordering though. Seeing them side by side like that really shows the drastic step backwards (assuming that's the final version). It looks like someone took a hot piece of metal to plastic and just randomly pressed it before painting.
When you look at the chest picture comparison the arc chest reactor on the newest version is the same as in final product clean mark 85 so I'm affraid it's final version :(
I don't think HT will make any changes right know. I hope (and this is still posiblle) for beter painting (airbrush) the battle damage parts.

But maybe we will wait another year for improvments :lol

BTW ... HT is trying to delete every pictures showing this verion of BD MK 85

Last edited:
apparently backlash on this got bad and they removed it from display?
Wow !!

But HT are being pretty dumb about this. They put up a prototype and deviate from it significantly. Just like the clean Mk85.

Plus the damage does look pretty poor, and certainly not to their standard.

Howard just isn't paying attention or as close to things as he probably used to be !

Slow learners HT.

the sculpt and everything look beautiful. The battle damage areas though need a little more work since they look a bit cheap...especially considering those are the main selling points of the figure.

The damage itself I think looks okay. For mass produced, it looks fine and there are details. But as somebody that paints their own figures know, if you don't add any paint detail, it is going to come off looking unfinished. I understand from HT point that is more money to do, but that is the whole point I am buying the figure.

Last edited:
Back