1/6 Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV (Battle Damaged Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot from Justin's review of the Mk85. He said he prefers the previous Mk50 sculpt which is apparently what we're going to get as the replacement of the Mk85 sculpt. I dunno, I still prefer the new Mk85 sculpt.

hmmoyZV.jpg
The overall head shape and hairline is just way too off in the new one. I kind of see what they were going for but the older sculpts had his overall shape closer to what it should be.

They tried making him look older while also having a baby soft skin, making him look younger at the same time. It just doesn't work. Also I don't get why his face is so thin? It's like they tried going for his look when he's rescued at the start of the movie and malnourished.

S0NWwQb.png

u3PrmOT.png

132549656_10158907430969743_6694033381746191129_o.jpg
[/IMG]

66783357_10156379184662344_1489254994782715904_o.jpg

Screenshot from Justin's review of the Mk85. He said he prefers the previous Mk50 sculpt which is apparently what we're going to get as the replacement of the Mk85 sculpt. I dunno, I still prefer the new Mk85 sculpt.

View attachment 502053

Softness aside, the main thing for me is the left one looks like a different person entirely. I've been a lot happier with most past Stark headsculpts than most people I think, as nitpicking aside they have at least been quickly recognizable as who they are supposed to be. Put that new sculpt on the Mk85 and it I'd assume it was supposed to be from the Avengers video game or a heavily made-up SNL actor in a skit

So is there any clarity on what the Mk 85 replacement headsculpt will be? It seems like we're gonna get the rehashed 46/47/50 headsculpt again...but some seem to be under the impression we're getting the original proto that was marketed for the 85?

Does anyone know? :dunno

So is there any clarity on what the Mk 85 replacement headsculpt will be? It seems like we're gonna get the rehashed 46/47/50 headsculpt again...but some seem to be under the impression we're getting the original proto that was marketed for the 85?

Does anyone know? :dunno

Nobody knows.

But reusing the 46/47/50 head is most likely the easiest, fastest and most economical solution for them. It's already been approved by Disney and the molds and paint process already exists.

But who knows what they will actually end up doing.

Yeah that's what I said. It doesn't. It looks younger to me.

Anyway it doesn't matter. They're changing it and I personally think that's a good decision. The people who were disappointed were clearly in the majority.

If you're spending $400+ on a figure for the final Iron Man armour then it better not be a big departure from the prototype image you pre-ordered against.

What I meant was instead of reusing mark 50 sculpt for the reissue they should be using a sculpt that is older as Tony was visibly older in 85 then he was in 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody knows.

But reusing the 46/47/50 head is most likely the easiest, fastest and most economical solution for them. It's already been approved by Disney and the molds and paint process already exists.

But who knows what they will actually end up doing.

HT only have themselves to blame for this situation. Had they decided not to be a bunch of cheap, corner cutting c***s none of this would have ever happened...and the consumers pay once again by having to endure another long wait time...on top of an already long wait time!

DOWN WITH HTs!!! :tap:thwak

HT only have themselves to blame for this situation. Had they decided not to be a bunch of cheap, corner cutting c***s none of this would have ever happened...and the consumers pay once again by having to endure another long wait time...on top of an already long wait time!

DOWN WITH HTs!!! :tap:thwak

1st world problems. My dolly head sucks :rotfl

Yeah that's what I said. It doesn't. It looks younger to me.

Anyway it doesn't matter. They're changing it and I personally think that's a good decision. The people who were disappointed were clearly in the majority.

If you're spending $400+ on a figure for the final Iron Man armour then it better not be a big departure from the prototype image you pre-ordered against.

Exactly. Hot Toys listen (to Iron Man complaints) but it is a start. I think it is very cool what they are doing.

You have to wonder, if hot toys are willing to make collectors happy by sending them a replacement head for the non battle damaged Endgame Iron Man, will they deliver with the battle damaged version by making the production head sculpt identical to the prototype?......:dunno

You have to wonder, if hot toys are willing to make collectors happy by sending them a replacement head for the non battle damaged Endgame Iron Man, will they deliver with the battle damaged version by making the production head sculpt identical to the prototype?......:dunno

All bets are off at this point....who knows ??

But you would have to assume that they had planned to use the same sculpt for the Mk85 clean + BD versions. With blood added to the BD version of course.

All bets are off at this point....who knows ??

But you would have to assume that they had planned to use the same sculpt for the Mk85 clean + BD versions. With blood added to the BD version of course.

Hmm, I don't think so. HT showed off 2 different headsculpts for both clean and BD versions. Also what incentive is there for a collector to buy both if the headsculpt is exactly the same? HT is lazy, but they're not THAT lazy...at least I hope not.

It wouldn't take much for them to put another led in his chest to light up the cracks in his armor beside the arc reactor. After they screwed us on the regular version they owe us every detail on this one.Screenshot_20201227-162306_UPlayer.jpgIMG_7788.jpg

Back