Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Captain Marvel Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been collecting Hot Toys for recent 17 years. I saw to many issues in this period. Even new figures deteriorate quickly in their boxes without any poses.

Hot Toys uses a very indurable material. I also have a Sideshow Darth Vader figure for very long time but it's costume has no flaws. On the other hand some of my HT figures has some pouring issues.

I don't have faith on HT figures. But there's no any other option for me because my entire collection be formed from Hot Toys. I bought this Captain Marvel figure too. I paid the shipping cost and waiting for shipment. But I'm anxious.
I think the difference here is over the past 10 years HT has been making a lot more superhero figures outfitted in tight pleather costumes. These are complex outfits scaled and rebuilt with combinations of pleather, vinyl and plastic and usually stressed to be body-hugging. The materials are forced to their extremes right from the moment of manufacturing so their shelf life for collectors is immediately affected.
In the past most figures were dressed in cloth outfits with a few pleather parts, like a jacket, belt or accessory that would deteriorate but was possible to remedy through replacement. Years ago some of the few figures with all pleather outfits were the Michael Jackson figures - the closest to a full superhero costume LOL! - but today with Marvel alone it's the vast majority HT releases. When today's superhero figures deteriorate the entire body suit outfit is compromised without any clear solution and as a collector that's not a good situation to be left with. Say goodbye to all of those Spider-Man figures.
I don't believe HT is improving their choice of pleather materials, but simply churning out figures to keep up with their production demand of superheroes. I haven't seen any innovation from them, acknowledgment of the problems or a move to natural leather over pleather. For the most part a figure with even cheap pleather should last about a decade, but there have been situations that have shown to be far less, like 5 years or sometimes straight out of the box, which is really concerning. Just be aware of what you're buying and feel content to accept a certain shelf life for the product.

Ugh. Mine is still stuck on "label created". Must be Sideshow's new tactic in order to flag something as "shipped" when it really hasn't.

This is the very first time for me where the label creation and actual shipment didn’t occur on the same day for SSC. I certainly hope it is not the beginning of a new trend.

xPw6aoF.jpg

VNylYZV.jpg

svWsmiB.jpg

37lAmXZ.gif
37lAmXZ.gif
37lAmXZ.gif
37lAmXZ.gif
37lAmXZ.gif

View attachment 557495

so looks like this suit will crease badly

Yeah I think it is to be expected, given the nature of the suit. Though to my eye that doesn't look too terribly drastic. plus creasing is 'natural' around those joints, and in real life too lol Of course in the movie it doesn't since the suit was cgi'd :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah I think it is to be expected, given the nature of the suit. Though to my eye that doesn't look to terribly drastic. plus creasing is 'natural' around those joints, and in real life too lol Of course in the movie it doesn't since the suit was cgi'd :ROFLMAO:

It seems like you keep your figures displayed without the arms bent so yours should be fine for the long haul.

It seems like you keep your figures displayed without the arms bent so yours should be fine for the long haul.

Pretty much! lol Almost always straight out of the box is sufficient for me personally, I don't mind just seeing them displayed neutrally. Though part of me feels a bit apprehensive in posing them, and I know they certainly can take it well, but maybe my line of thinking may change in the future.

Pretty much! lol Almost always straight out of the box is sufficient for me personally, I don't mind just seeing them displayed neutrally. Though part of me feels a bit apprehensive in posing them, and I know they certainly can take it well, but maybe my line of thinking may change in the future.

Since you have multiples of the figures, maybe you can designate one of each as the action pose figure where it’s okay if it gets some creases over time.

And then the rest can be museum pose only.

I’m mostly museum pose when it comes to figures like that, but you can get creative and give the poses a bit more weight and urgency without bending the limbs a lot.

Since you have multiples of the figures, maybe you can designate one of each as the action pose figure where it’s okay if it gets some creases over time.

And then the rest can be museum pose only.

I’m mostly museum pose when it comes to figures like that, but you can get creative and give the poses a bit more weight and urgency without bending the limbs a lot.

:exactly: That was the plan, but alas, space is a recurring issue :lol

Back