Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've seen other Tobe films... and going off that alone I'd say he didn't direct Poltergeist. Poltergeist has Spielberg's touch all over that film. And not just the dolly-in-pan-up shots or lens flares, but I mean everything from the acting style to the shot composition and choreography.

That's not to say Spielberg sat on set all day and night directing while Tobe brought him ice tea. But I believe Spielberg gave very thorough scene notes to Tobe and the DP and when it came time to edit, made sure his shots and style made the final assembly over anything else that may have been shot.
This is why we need a documentary. Forget the billionth Jaws doco. Have you seen the Invaders From Mars remake or The Funhouse. They are not good films in terms of writing or performance but they both have enough cinematic verve to suggest at least a couple of percent (haha) of Poltergeist should be credited to Hooper.

This surely must be emboldening Warner Bros to do that "Driving Miss Daisy" reboot, another movie like "Avatar" that made major bank then won Best Picture at the Golden Globes (DMD also actually went on to WIN the Best Picture Oscar) yet was pretty much a cringe-fest no one talked about - embarrassed to even bring up - just a decade after release
Already done. It was called Green Book and look what happened to that one. And the turn against it was 1000 times quicker.

Not complaining here, I was able to see T1 and T2 on the big screen thanks to re-releases.

Nice. I was lucky enough to catch T2 on release without having seen the original (I know, I know).

The PT had just been announced and I thought the opening battle might give us a clue to how the Clone Wars might look. It kinda did, given there were robots involved.

All good. I’m always forgetting that people have died :( :)

My problem is forgetting people are still alive!

The Russo Bros watching Magic Mike stop AWOW from catching Endgame:

leos.jpg

Back