Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s it it’s official over 2 billion.

Trades are forcasting a guaranteed leapfrog over IW and TFA where it will finally end its run at 4th freaking place only behind Titanic, EG and Avatar 1.

Absolutely freaking insane!

It just is.

Deal with it lol

That’s it it’s official over 2 billion.

Trades are forcasting a guaranteed leapfrog over IW and TFA where it will finally end its run at 4th freaking place only behind Titanic, EG and Avatar 1.

Absolutely freaking insane!

It just is.

Deal with it lol
Three $2 billion movies released in three different decades!!! :google :thud:

1997, 2009, and 2022 couldn't be more different in terms of audience expectations and preferences but Cameron still delivers the quality each and every time.

Sure Lucas directed ANH and TPM which were released 20 years apart and both made bank but that's only because in 1999 SW hype was at an all-time fever pitch! Avatar had no such hype, just a new movie with a bunch of kids and a silly title and yet Cameron-still-does it-again...truly mindblowing.

Last edited:
Three $2 billion movies released in three different decades!!! :google :thud:

This isn't just him having a hot streak like late 70's/early 80's Spielberg. 1997, 2009, and 2022 couldn't be more different in terms of audience expectations and preferences but Cameron still delivers the quality each and every time.

Sure Lucas directed ANH and TPM which both made bank in separate decades (still only two though, not three, and I'm not sure that TPM ever cracked the Top 4) but that's only because in 1999 SW hype was at an all-time fever pitch! Avatar had no such hype, just a new movie with a bunch of kids and a silly title and yet Cameron-still-does it-again...truly mindblowing.
Right now ironwez (left), wor-gar (middle) and buffinator (right) just got the 2 billion news..

1674433926967.gif

Surprisingly 70% of it is from international ticket sales. Only 30%, just over $600mil, is from the US. Goes to show you why these tentpole movies need to focus on the global box office as opposed to trying to appease the loudest voices from the Twitter mob on what they need to make a successful movie.

And of course, Disney is back to kissing China's a$$...

My nephew loves toys. I guess it’s just varies from kid to kid. Cause toys are still around movies are still being made to sell toys. It’s just kids have more access to so many things that toys aren’t the only thing to use for there imagination
Yeah, it probably still appeals to many kids - just not exclusively like it did in the 80s. I still see kids in the toy aisles at TARGET. The market just has to deal with the electronic competition.

I think what hurts toy companies most is lack of cartoons for kids to get into. Most of the toys you see have nothing to do with any cartoon series, except for MOTU: Revelations.

Lol, the crazy thing is this just movie broke even with $2B in ticket sales. But hey, it managed that. It’ll make a ton of money with all the other ways movies make money on the back end.

Cameron has 3 of the 4 Top Movies ever! That IS insane.
And I haven't seen any of the 3 in theaters! I think the last Cameron movie I've seen on the big screen may have been T2. It might even have been Aliens. The kids started arriving in 1990, so movies were pretty much restricted to "date nights" and I rarely got to chose lol...

You can't regret something you didn't do! :lol I never bought any game consoles for them. All of their gaming was done on PCs unless they were at a friend's house.
That was just a dig at ironwez, lol.

In all seriousness what were the defining movies of their childhoods? Toy Story? Schumacher Batman? The PT? Woof, rough time to be born, cinematically speaking, lol. At least they had Harry Potter, LOTR, Spider-Man, and POTC as they headed into their teens.

In all seriousness what were the defining movies of their childhoods? Toy Story? Schumacher Batman? The PT? Woof, rough time to be born, cinematically speaking, lol. At least they had Harry Potter, LOTR, Spider-Man, and POTC as they headed into their teens.
Lol 😂😂. I can answer that. If we are talking 90s then the Disney movies that came out played a big part in childhood. The pt was early 00s we had so much content to go along with the Star Wars universe leading to ROTS.
Some of the greatest movies were made in the 90s. Tmnt 1990 and Jurassic park. Toy Story.

Also video games were great back then. Yes I thank sonic for making me the man I am today . 🥲

Jurassic Park was definitely it for my son (although we made him wait until he was 7), then probably The Matrix. And my daughter wore out the VHS copies of all the Disney movies back then like The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, etc., etc.. But as she got older it was more about TV - BTVS (obviously), Alias, Veronica Mars.

Some of the greatest movies were made in the 90s. Tmnt 1990 and Jurassic park. Toy Story.

Congrats! You named them all. :lol

Actually, you can add T2 and The Matrix.

The 90's were surprisingly devoid of really great movies. It had a lot of trash that became a generations "nostalgia" -- like the Batman movies, The Mask, Speed, being the popular ones. But it was so diluted with 50-60-70's TV shows reboots, corny female-driven "thrillers" and wannabe quirky film-making that its hard to find the gems. And there are not that many. Compared to the 80's, it is a very short list.

For me, the 90's started with T2... then Jurassic Park... and ended with The Matrix. Honorable mention to The Usual Suspects. The Disney cartoons in that time were also exceptionally well done. Until Hercules. Fortunately, Pixar picked up the mantle and ran with it.

Congrats! You named them all. :lol

Actually, you can add T2 and The Matrix.

The 90's were surprisingly devoid of really great movies. It had a lot of trash that became a generations "nostalgia" -- like the Batman movies, The Mask, Speed, being the popular ones. But it was so diluted with 50-60-70's TV shows reboots, corny female-driven "thrillers" and wannabe quirky film-making that its hard to find the gems. And there are not that many. Compared to the 80's, it is a very short list.

For me, the 90's started with T2... then Jurassic Park... and ended with The Matrix. Honorable mention to The Usual Suspects. The Disney cartoons in that time were also exceptionally well done. Until Hercules. Fortunately, Pixar picked up the mantle and ran with it.
Lol I honestly can’t remember them all except for the ones that stick with me but during that time it was Disney and dinosaurs that revolved around me. I think til about 5. I wasn’t big into superheroes until preteens. Yes I watched the Batman movies but back then superheroes were seen as stuff for kids do I grew out of Batman for a short period of time.
I never cared about Spider-Man but that all changed when I played that ps1 game and loved everything about it and then I remember being awestruck by the movie poster and twin towers trailer. That helped ignite my love for superheroes. Then I revisited Batman again and fell back in love with it cause I never realized how dark it was.
Funny cause the 90s was just nothing but sonic,tmnt,dinosaurs all that stuff is def considered 90s material. O and Nickelodeon

I’m surprised by the movies from the 90s that I did like. Not sure how they hold up for me today, and no real desire to watch any of them again. But…

Goodfellas
The Big Lebowksi
Saving Private Ryan
Silence of the Lambs
Unforgiven
Good Will Hunting
Braveheart
Get Shorty
Titanic
Jurassic Park
Dances With Wolves
The Sixth Sense
The Thin Red Line
The Green Mile
Apollos 13
There’s Something About Mary
Office Space

and there’s a bunch that to this day I‘ve never actually gotten around to seeing such as Schindler’s List and The Usual Suspects.

Surprisingly after the first Matrix film I lost interest very quickly in that franchise. The first one was pretty cool though, I thought.

Anyway…

Last edited:
Back