Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the sight of all that water.
To be fair, Kansans' understanding of the oceans is based on The Day After Tomorrow...

day-after-tomorrow-tsunami.gif

Yea sounds like he’s mad avatar 2 won’t be a billion dollar movie. But whose fault is that? What were you doing for the last 2 decades? You should have struck while the iron was hot. Now nobody remembers it. It had a growing fanbase I remember with lots of fans coming in but now it’s just forgotten.

He and that Martin game of thrones author need to get a clue. Nobody wants to sit on there ass and wait for you to stop jacking off to release a product. To gain a following you have to be consistent or else you’ll piss people off. 2 yr or 3 yrs is fine for a break but a whole decade? Lol
I believe you have it in a nutshell... except for one missing detail: It's not actually Cameron's delay - its 'The Studios' delay.

They've been busy HEAVILY promoting all this MARVEL and SW (not sure if this stands for STAR WARS anymore or simply Social Warrior) TRIPE - I'm sure you've seen a lot of it...? and not until they've forcibly topped all Box Offices around the globe will they even contemplate something as original as a Cameron movie entering the fray.

I'm not a mega-fan, just an interested old-timer who reads a lot. They've been pushing that Cap/Spidey & Ms Marvel nonsense for long enough now and since absolutely nothing else of note was being released they were actually 'winning' at The Box Office... (hard to lose whne you hold all the cards) until Cameron re-releases in Asia and then rightfully wins back his crown - just sayin' - It's not the buck$ earned - it's the quality of the story and the re-watchability that wins FOR ME.

I'm not from Kansas.

I believe you have it in a nutshell... except for one missing detail: It's not actually Cameron's delay - its 'The Studios' delay.
You actually believe that "the studio" told James Cameron that he had to wait 13 years to release a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time?

You actually believe that "the studio" told James Cameron that he had to wait 13 years to release a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time?
I believe Cameron MAKES movies... Studios are responsible for the release, the showing and even the distribution of them, so "yes"

I believe Cameron MAKES movies... Studios are responsible for the release, the showing and even the distribution of them, so "yes"
Okay, well if you review the progress of Avatar 2 I think you'll quickly discover that that is far from the case. For starters Disney didn't purchase 20th Century Fox until 2019, a full decade after Avatar's release, so them "heavily promoting SW and Marvel" had nothing whatsoever to do with Cameron's project at another studio.

Secondly, Cameron himself announced shortly after Avatar that he was working on a sequel and was hoping for a release in 2014 or 2015. That seemed like a long delay back then, but he stated that he first wanted to accomplish additional world building with regard to the story's lore, then he wanted the technology to advance a little further, then he decided he wanted to do a trilogy, and then that turned into four additional films. One thing kept leading to another for a full decade with everything being Cameron's call every step of the way.

It was only the one-two punch of the Fox buyout in 2019 and COVID in 2020 that added those final two years of delay that were outside of his control.

That’s right khev. I honestly don’t think it was the studio who told Cameron to wait. Avatar was under just fox. Fox had nothing really all that popping except for maybe xmen and that was being overshadowed by the mcu. There is really no excuse to be made. And he shouldn’t be mad at people who don’t remember the characters. This was way back in 2009. A lot has happened since then. There is no way in hell people are going to rush to see the blue people featuring water when so much other stuff has taken over. Even George Lucas knew not to take so long of a wait.

If this doesn’t reach the success of the original he has no one to blame but himself.

I remember Jake Sooly, Neytiri, Sigourney, the guy people fancasted as Cable, and the unforgettable Unobtainium. Truly a MASTERCLASS of lore and worldbuilding!

They would have released it a couple of years ago at least if it hadn't been for Covid. Isn't the 3rd film also finished as well?

“I don’t want anybody whining about length when they sit and binge-watch [television] for eight hours,” he says. “I can almost write this part of the review. ‘The agonisingly long three-hour movie…’

Difference is we can pause the movie to go pee at the house, without disturbing a whole row of other theatre patrons. We can also freely get snacks during pauses, and we dont have to maintain a monastic silence at the house. People can wander in and out, text their side-piece, browse on a laptop and do 101 other things all while this agonizingly long movie is playing. At the house.

I watched "The Batman" at the house, me and the other half almost didnt make it - and we paused that film twice.

Who does this dillweed think he is, he's gonna dictate how we should be watching movies. He can kriff right off, take a left and do it again. Who died and made him god of the movie experience?

Back