AUGTOYS - 1/6 Dune Action Figures (Licensed)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping is definitely included, FAQ section is not up-to-date yet,,we will update it later

Regarding tax for EU - We are now prepaying taxes under IOSS system, 99% package deliver with no tax, there's a few package that still went for custom checks, it cause delay but they do deliver finally without taxes

Our shipping usually takes 1-2 week for EU region
Well, that’s pretty damn good to hear. Guess I should make plans to PO this from you guys. Thanks for the fast response!

$256 including worldwide shipping and if you are in the EU it’s tax included too..

I am not speaking for this new company but I had a short conversation with them, I think they price it right, the license is really expensive for a new movie.

A little bit surprise that it’s not HT taking the license. It must over $300 if it’s HT
Are you able to provide any further information about AUGTOYS (guessing not haha)?
I could not find a website for them.

Pricing on these may reduce the amount of figures I actually pick up. Might just settle on Paul as a one-off, then wait and see how this line goes. Asmus has my heart (wallet) with their upcoming LOTR figures next year.

The higher price means fewer preorders which in turn will mean fewer figures get made. I suppose that's a good thing for those who pick this up. A rare figure in time.

Rare won’t mean anything if the final product turns out like a Star Ace figure. If the quality matches the prototype, then yeah, he could be quite sought after. Hopefully they aren’t above doing another batch of figures. They’ve got to understand people are apprehensive of new companies until their quality is proven. Heck, people are starting to question HT with their recently downgraded in battle damage now.

One major thing they could improve on is making the eyes glossy. They look so dead at the moment.

Whenever a new figure goes up, you automatically start at the eyes, and your brain fills in the rest of their likeness.

Hot Toys had that issue when they started then they cracked the problem and their figures shot up in accuracy and realism because of it.

The film was excellent…so the figures should be too.
It’s too bad that whoever sculpted Gurney had other plans…

I'm still grading the film as "Inconplete". It's hard for me to tell how I felt about it when it was so obviously half a story. But I liked what I saw well enough.

I'm not so sure about this figure though. Personally I'd prefer him in the Stillsuit first. The same way that I'd rather have an Iron Man figure first before I bought one of Tony Stark.

I'd take Leto in uniform too.
image (2).jpeg

Remarkably nice figure for a "new" company.
If I were to collect these, I'd probably wait for Paul in the stillsuit, though.

I put in my PO (part of my yearly “ritual” to PO a figure after the New Year enters; this time it was Mando Luke and this) through OSK. I could maybe go for a Stillsuit Paul and a Leto too, but it’ll depend on what else comes out. Still, I am looking forward to this and I hope it comes out great. If nothing else I could put in a single case with my Folio Dune in the background. Maybe even make up a small diorama to make it more special. I wonder though, if they’ll keep going until DUNC 2 comes out, and if they’ll make anything from that one. Still too early however, let’s see how these turn out.

The just-announced Prime 1 statue confirms that, if I get a Paul at all, I want the stillsuit and robes look. There’s just so much more going on visually.

The ‘uniform’ design is a bit too stale and gestapo-esque to really stand out in a display as anything other than ‘handsome, we’ll-dressed guy.’

The just-announced Prime 1 statue confirms that, if I get a Paul at all, I want the stillsuit and robes look. There’s just so much more going on visually.

The ‘uniform’ design is a bit too stale and gestapo-esque to really stand out in a display as anything other than ‘handsome, we’ll-dressed guy.’
I have to agree. I didn't think much of the still-suit but Prime 1s statue makes me think it would look like a really cool and unique looking figure.

I'll hold out for a stillsuit figure and if not, won't pick up Paul at all.

oE3i5xR.jpg

lvYFMzF.jpg

Back