Asmus Toys - Thranduil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pose !!

Thank you - at least with the figs I have, they are great to work with!

Guess folks could argue which Thranduil face is better, but for me in the end they both scream Elven King - not sure we'll see anything like this again. At some point I'm gonna 'bash a female elf to go with - just a random warrior. I liked some of WETA's unused Mirkwood elf concept art, and picked up a great elf head (beautiful in hand). I figure Thranduil would usually have staff/guards around.

elf_head.jpg

elf_art.jpg

Thank you - at least with the figs I have, they are great to work with!

Guess folks could argue which Thranduil face is better, but for me in the end they both scream Elven King - not sure we'll see anything like this again. At some point I'm gonna 'bash a female elf to go with - just a random warrior. I liked some of WETA's unused Mirkwood elf concept art, and picked up a great elf head (beautiful in hand). I figure Thranduil would usually have staff/guards around.

View attachment 470840

View attachment 470841

That is such a great idea. I would like to implement that myself, but... where to get female elf clothing? Or male for that matter? (beyond Thranduil parts, that is).

Thanks,
m.

That is such a great idea. I would like to implement that myself, but... where to get female elf clothing? Or male for that matter? (beyond Thranduil parts, that is).

Thanks,
m.

Hit e-bay for various stuff, also Cotswald Collectibles, Monkey Depot, etc. It doesn't have to be a set purposely called "elf" clothes. Far as I can tell, the basic Mirkwood elf costume is tunic, soft flat boots, pants, longbow, various knives. For the mesh hood look above I'd probably just hit a fabric store to get something dark and metallic. The Mirkwood elves weren't all showy like Rivendell elves re the WETA books, as they were in a more wild area.

Thranduil
Hi there. Is any chance Thranduil can be reissued?

I have some ideas for new possible Thranduil figure:
1) One extra head, with face damage.
2) His throne. As luxury edition diorama base.
3) A new clothing with half red cloak and his crown.
Such a great figure can be, but it's just thoughts in my mind :idea

untkugitled.jpg

I would be happy for just a slim version re-release of the figure. I imagine that it must have had a very small edition size because it is not really floating around out there on the secondary market and when it is the price is a little steep.

Hi there. Is any chance Thranduil can be reissued?

I have some ideas for new possible Thranduil figure:
1) One extra head, with face damage.
2) His throne. As luxury edition diorama base.
3) A new clothing with half red cloak and his crown.
Such a great figure can be, but it's just thoughts in my mind :idea

untkugitled.jpg

I'd be all over a Thranduil with throne.

I am seriously enamoured by that throne.
I really hope Asmus make it!

I haven't seen the first picture before, but it really hammers home how large and impressive a piece this would be - the centrepiece of many a collection.

Come on Asmus - I'll sell my body and my dignity to afford it if you can make it happen! :rotfl

I have no idea where it will go but i NEED that throne!!! It's going to be amazing!

Do i see what looks like a horse in the background?

I also noticed that they even have regular sized versions of the swords so they can copy them correctly. :clap

I am seriously enamoured by that throne.
I really hope Asmus make it!

I haven't seen the first picture before, but it really hammers home how large and impressive a piece this would be - the centrepiece of many a collection.

Come on Asmus - I'll sell my body and my dignity to afford it if you can make it happen! :rotfl

ASMUS needs to take pity on Middle Earth lovers; the poor, the downtrodden WHO COULD NEVER AFFORD SOMETHING LIKE WETA'S OUTRAGEOUS VERSION THAT WILL COST QUINTILLION DOLLARS AND CEMENT FLOORING FOR THE WEIGHT....:horror

Remember, ASMUS, even those that lay in the gutter can look at the stars... (elves are into stars, right?)

I need this throne in my life the way I need chai tea. U can do it ASMUS! Just make the horns high quality plastic for shipping - I have money! I will BEG...

LOL just the pics make me lose it:monkey1:lol:wink1::bounce:legolas

As a brand new collector to the line, I am hoping for a super deluxe version of throne and both original v1 armored and new v2 Thranduil all in one box. With the insane prices being asked of v1, I am sure it would sell.

As a brand new collector to the line, I am hoping for a super deluxe version of throne and both original v1 armored and new v2 Thranduil all in one box. With the insane prices being asked of v1, I am sure it would sell.

Dunno if ASMUS would go that way - but hard to say. Like if the upcoming Amazon series touches on the Greenwood and the elves there (Oropher and Thranduil) I could see hype driving prices and demand way high. I guess filming resumed https://www.techradar.com/news/amazon-lord-of-the-rings-tv-show-release-date-cast-news-trailers

I'd very happily take a throne based on the proto images:drool - a gowned Thranduil is a huge bonus. True about v1 Thranduil prices:horror

Dunno if ASMUS would go that way - but hard to say. Like if the upcoming Amazon series touches on the Greenwood and the elves there (Oropher and Thranduil) I could see hype driving prices and demand way high. I guess filming resumed https://www.techradar.com/news/amazon-lord-of-the-rings-tv-show-release-date-cast-news-trailers

I'd very happily take a throne based on the proto images:drool - a gowned Thranduil is a huge bonus. True about v1 Thranduil prices:horror

Think the prices have increased since the announcement of a V2 since now the V1 won’t likely be released again.

That throne looks great.

It does. ASMUS just needs to make a mold, and start casting.:monkey3

They can skip the fancy packaging (which is always very nice) and just use brown paper (better for ecology) and a plain strong shipping box.

If I want a fancy box I can buy off Amazon:cool:

Back