Asmus Toys: Prologue Elven Warriors. Swordsman and Archer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then...can you imagine Easterlies??
Stahp my poor wallet:D

Tho ASMUS' Carnival was a big help getting my pair of soldiers this summer, so that was appreciated. On a side note, I am still waiting on my Crown Gandalf. Dunno what it is going on Sideshow. By the time he gets here, the Amazon Middle Earth series will have started.:banghead

My warrior figure has finally arrived a whole year after I ordered him...
wow
this figure really is incredible - just spectacular presence and detail, worth the wait really, very satisfied.
I would take pics, but there are so many on here already that are unquestionably superior to anything I could shoot with my potato phone.

I am now ALL IN for some different soldier figures, the armour designs for the Galadhrim at Helm's Deep, the Easterlings and the Fountain Guards in particular are beautiful.

mumakil by Alina Lomenkova

mum.jpg

That is incredible - surely not 1/6?
It would be nice to have a really detailed Mumakil figure anyway - no matter the scale.

Excellent Mumakil.

It is always nice to see a rendition that is standing or moving, for a change, as opposed to the SS/Weta version that I have, which is toppling over. I do still like it, though.

Hey guys,

I am considering picking both Elven Warrior and Elven Archer but I would like to know the opinion of whoever already owns them and if you still like them after having them for quite some time now. I've heard the bodies are "cheap" so I am worried (mentioned in Todd's review and Optical21, etc.).

I would like to have more armored characters in my LOTR collection but I want each figure to be solid quality and not just to be companion pieces.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I am considering picking both Elven Warrior and Elven Archer but I would like to know the opinion of whoever already owns them and if you still like them after having them for quite some time now. I've heard the bodies are "cheap" so I am worried (mentioned in Todd's review and Optical21, etc.).

I would like to have more armored characters in my LOTR collection but I want each figure to be solid quality and not just to be companion pieces.

Thank you.

I have the Elven Warrior and the body feels like the standard one that Asmus have always used. Mine has been holding the sword raised for months and it hasn't budged a millimeter so I guess it's pretty solid.

The armour and weapons are very well done so I think you'll be happy with it! The only mod I've done to mine was paint the outside of the cloak and belt sash gold like the movie (the inside is still blue). It looks very striking on the shelf next to Elrond!

I have the Elven Warrior and the body feels like the standard one that Asmus have always used. Mine has been holding the sword raised for months and it hasn't budged a millimeter so I guess it's pretty solid.

The armour and weapons are very well done so I think you'll be happy with it! The only mod I've done to mine was paint the outside of the cloak and belt sash gold like the movie (the inside is still blue). It looks very striking on the shelf next to Elrond!
Thank you for your feedback. I need to think this through.

I am a little bit disappointed about the armor not being diecast/cooper as for instance Pop Toys or Coomodel Samurai figures are. I assume some collectors would not want to spend 350 USD for these figures but for me, the overall quality/build is more important than the low price, and also, space usually runs out quicker than money in this hobby :D I love LOTR the most out of all IPs and I do not collect anything else at the moment, but in my head, I compare how much happy or excited I would be to unbox this Elven figure made out plastic instead of full copper/diecast Samurai figure.

Last edited:
Yeah it would be even better if it was die-cast however it still looks really well done with a nice green tinted paint job as per the movie. Funnily enough, the actual screen armour was moulded plastic so it's actually correct!! 🤣

"Appleton firstly worked from drawings to produce 100 suits of Elf armour. Each suit was made from about 50 pieces of polypropyline plastic, cut from sheets, then assembled like a kitset. The suits were held together with elastic straps at the back, to allow freedom of movement. The helmets were a fast-setting plastic, sprayed over a range of moulds." - Massey News

Yeah it would be even better if it was die-cast however it still looks really well done with a nice green tinted paint job as per the movie. Funnily enough, the actual screen armour was moulded plastic so it's actually correct!! 🤣

"Appleton firstly worked from drawings to produce 100 suits of Elf armour. Each suit was made from about 50 pieces of polypropyline plastic, cut from sheets, then assembled like a kitset. The suits were held together with elastic straps at the back, to allow freedom of movement. The helmets were a fast-setting plastic, sprayed over a range of moulds." - Massey News
Haha, that is an interesting fact. How dare you Peter Jackson cheapen out on armor like this!

Does anyone know what the "Elven Warrior" looks like without his helmet? Does he have hair under there?

I keep fiddling with this guy...
I realised I could turn the "skirt" backwards, which looks way more accurate. I gave the armour some dark washes to get a more accurate tone as well, and tried to give the belt a more natural flow. Definitely a great figure which needs a lot of work to show its full potential.

IMG_1033.jpg

Back