Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring : Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely like the new weathering. Not sure why they did not fix the eye while they were at it.

Overall looks pretty much like the original Gothmog so us 1st adopters don't have to feel bad. The red corduroy sure does look brighter though, but I'm guessing that is the cellphone's fault.

Same, paid via PayPal and not in account orders or any confirmation email.

I'm sure we are good to go. I've got a feeling that are logins didn't register and so perhaps the orders went through as a "guest". That would explain why the order went through but not found on our accounts.

I'm sure we are good to go. I've got a feeling that are logins didn't register and so perhaps the orders went through as a "guest". That would explain why the order went through but not found on our accounts.

We will find out whenever the orders start shipping. I honestly will not cry over losing Gothmog, I just want my Elven warrior to ship.

We will find out whenever the orders start shipping. I honestly will not cry over losing Gothmog, I just want my Elven warrior to ship.

Good point, and the orders should start shipping sooner rather than later, as we were charged the entire amount and not a pre-order deposit. I really do want Gothmog in the collection, so it would be quite disappointing for me, as I only have Grishackh as my sole "Orc", at the moment.

The Elven Warrior is fantastic, as is the Archer. I highly recommend both.

Grishnahk is an amazing figure.

I have a feeling there will be more to come. Perhaps Asmus needs some fast cash for Lurtz/Orcs/Uruk-hai development hence the reissue. Gothmog #2 shall seed the new.

Grishnakh is indeed fantastic. I was surprisingly impressed with the figure, upon initially setting it up. I knew of the positive reviews but it really looks even better, all around, in hand. Had to display him impaled by the Rohirrim spear!

Aside from Lurtz other Uruk-Hai's, I really would love to get a Moria goblin with the big bug-eyes!

Hope Gothmog ships out soon.

I wonder if the chaos of the global shipping situation is eating into their operating costs. They're not a huge company, so any disruption to any part of the business could have more pronounced effects. I just wish them stability and success.

I received a shipping notification for Gothmog. That is great news.

But it still doesn't show up on my account, though, but it is on its way.

That is great news! Hopefully my shipment is right around the corner. Galadriel is still stuck in the West (west of pacific coast). No movement for a couple weeks.

That is great news! Hopefully my shipment is right around the corner. Galadriel is still stuck in the West (west of pacific coast). No movement for a couple weeks.

That stinks. I hope your Galadriel gets moving again soon!! I've seen figures sitting for about a week when going through Customs but not several weeks. That's nuts. Hopefully your Gothmog sets out soon, as well.

Still waiting for mine paid by PayPal on 4/24/2021 along with Elven Warrior remaining balance. Maybe mine was shipped with no shipping notification as well.

People already scalping this, so
People are getting it ?saw some selling for 400 as a limited edition run of 100 I want no parts of it.

People already scalping this, so
People are getting it ?saw some selling for 400 as a limited edition run of 100 I want no parts of it.

Yikes! That’s too bad. I was sitting on the fence wondering if it was worth the money to buy it and replace my original one with the new one but then Asmus sold out. No way I will be buying it on the eBay market for scalper prices though. Hopefully pay went to collectors.

"The Age of Men is Over, the Time of the Orc has Come!"

Gothmog arrived today at Minas Miami and I'm glad I was able to add him to the collection.

He is obviously one of Asmus's first figures and for the most part, it really shows. And yet, when done setting him up, he just looks fantastic. Simple yet effective, when placed on display.

First of all, the box was incredibly heavy. I found out that it was due to the heavy figure body used and the stone base, which appears to be a solid chunk of heavy plastic.

Not much in accessories. One extra gloved fist hand, the mace/club, an extra regular LOTR figure stand and a mutilated partial Gondorian soldier body, to lay at Gothmog's feet.

The paint apps on the stone base, the armor and the Gondorian are very simple. No real detailing. I'll definitely be trying my hand at some touch-up on these parts. The armor around the right shoulder showed some excess glue. The red outfit does look like corduroy and does the job. He has a fur cape, for lack of a better term, that looks fine. Part of it is under his shoulder armor but most hugs his back side.

The head sculpt and one ungloved hand are excellent. Mold and paint apps really are well done and are what save this figure. The head sculpt has little tufts of hair in his deformed left ear and around the back of head. Nice little detailing there.

The body is heavy, as previously mentioned. Joints are stiff and will hold a pose.

My figure did arrive with his gloved hand loose and off of the figure. I also had to cut between the thumb and forefinger, then heat it up to soften it enough to slip the mace into his hand.

I will need to work on his left arm, in particular the elbow area with the elbow armor and see if I can carefully bend it further so that his deformed hand is held higher, as seen in the film. Aside from that and some paint touch-up, he is good to go.

Here are a few of my world famous crappy photos...

Gothmog 1a.jpg
Gothmog 3a.jpg

Congrats FlyandFlight! Mine arrived yesterday as well. How strange no shipping email and just suddenly appeared along with my Elven Warrior.C7FA718A-82E5-4CE4-A27D-E7F76CC6BBEC.jpg8E521FD1-D6DF-493F-A428-FD14461C27AD.jpg5DC19194-2308-472E-B292-1821128F9D55.jpg

I also had to cut my Gimli hand to allow him to hold an axe. Did you use an X-acto knife or anything precise to cut it?

Back