Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Gangalf yesterday. Overall I love him. In some way I met my expectations and in others it exceeded like the outfit. I'm not sure what I was expecting there but it turned out better than I felt it would. I still think the proto sculpt is a fair bit better, but I'm used to the that thought after seeing pics for months. I think the eyes are too sunken in - and oof that hat. Even after taking off the bit of fabric and the inner stuffing it's hard to get looking right. Love the paint on the head and hand, along with the nicely done gestures. And dat book! I didn't know it was that well done with printed word in it, etc.The hair is very fine. They used good material and it's easy to work with and looks realistic. The stand is great but those plants have fish tank written all over them. The outfit is nicely detailed and tailored and isn't overly stiff so it works great with a little water treatment.
Inner stuffing and the bit of fabric? I’m curious what you removed. :)

I hope to feel the same way as the figure looks to have lots to love about it, despite the issue with the eyes.

Hoping to have mine in a month or so...
Me too I wish the boat or whatever would dock with mine from SSC :(
The pics look amazing! :clap :clap :clap

Just got Gandalf today. The head/neck is very wobbly, is this a common issue?

Plus he has a couple of tears on his left sleeve, which I think are meant to be there, but can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• FC792CA0-07E7-4624-BAFA-2154D5633F04.jpeg
    FC792CA0-07E7-4624-BAFA-2154D5633F04.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 81

Plus he has a couple of tears on his left sleeve, which I think are meant to be there, but can anyone confirm?
Aren’t those the holes for his hands to go through?

Mine doesn't have those. They almost look like burn holes. Like it came into contact with battery acid, or more likely, a paint solvent? Or bleach? I'd definitely look into asking if there's a chance for a replacement robe.

We are also curious about this tearing, kindly send an mail with more photos like above to our service mailbox for after-sale case. Thank you.

Hi, I already sent an email earlier in fact
Asmus are really helpful with after-sales service. They helped me when my Crown Gandalf came with bleach-stained robes (bought from an Australian retailer). Even though it wasn't purchased directly from Asmus, they were terrific and sent me a replacement robe for a reasonable/nominal shipping cost which I was happy to pay.

It's deeds like this that can turn someone into a life-long loyal customer!

Inner stuffing and the bit of fabric? I’m curious what you removed. :)
The hat is stuffed with foam and there's a piece of fabric sewn over covering the hole where the crown of then head goes in. The hat pretty much floats over the head. I'm pretty sure it's well know at this point . I took those out.

One other thing is the post to the mailbox on mine is terrible. It doesn't stay put and it constantly leaning or falling out. Anyone else have this problem?

One other thing is the post to the mailbox on mine is terrible. It doesn't stay put and it constantly leaning or falling out. Anyone else have this problem?
I have the same problem. I think that is a very common problem. I'm just baffled they did not do a better quality control considering this is their premium crown series line.

Back