Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, if it is bentor twisted, just dip it in hot water for 1 mint will do,
it will be so soft and you can bent it back in the right shape,
leave it cool down in the right shape and it will stay in it.

I thought there was a dedicated thread to Gandalf Crown line, but I could not find the thread. Anyway, I received the replacement hat and here are some pics. Original on the left and new on the right. My original hat had had a misaligned magnet and never was able to sit properly, so even if this is a plastic hat, I like it more. It also has a magnet. I believe I said earlier that I will probably never display him with the hat as his hair is so amazing, but one never knows

gandalf hat.jpg

I thought there was a dedicated thread to Gandalf Crown line, but I could not find the thread. Anyway, I received the replacement hat and here are some pics. Original on the left and new on the right. My original hat had had a misaligned magnet and never was able to sit properly, so even if this is a plastic hat, I like it more. It also has a magnet. I believe I said earlier that I will probably never display him with the hat as his hair is so amazing, but one never knows

View attachment 584570
Looks way better. I am still waiting on my invoice so I can pay and get it shipped to me. Seeing how few of us already got it, I wonder if I am not forgotten :LOL:

Looks way better. I am still waiting on my invoice so I can pay and get it shipped to me. Seeing how few of us already got it, I wonder if I am not forgotten :LOL:
Me too!! I believe they received them in their bilbo PO ?
On a side note: the hat looks like it has a blue tint in pictures.

I think some people just take really crappy pictures. I look at that and think InArt who? Really great photos.
That happens a lot. That's also why I don't really post pics :lol I know any pics I post will immediately make almost any figure look bad.

In terms of InArt vs Asmus: I don't think anyone can go wrong with either.

That happens a lot. That's also why I don't really post pics :lol I know any pics I post will immediately make almost any figure look bad.

In terms of InArt vs Asmus: I don't think anyone can go wrong with either.
To be fair I guess we will have to wait to see the InArt one in hand. I’m just amazed that the Asmus one is 150 bucks cheaper and looks that good.

Looks great!^ Did you mod the eyes or is that some image tweaking? They look lighter.
Anyway, nice work. Definitely feels like he’s in Moria👏👏👏
Thank you , no modding or tweaking, I noticed the eyes is so shinny when the light is in front of him so I have to reposition the light where it would not reflect on his eyes.
white.jpg

Ok, people are just contacting Asmus for a new hat and buying one, yes? Just wondering because I've emailed them twice and messaged them here and FB with no response.

Ok, people are just contacting Asmus for a new hat and buying one, yes? Just wondering because I've emailed them twice and messaged them here and FB with no response.
Seems hit and miss with Asmus. I gave up emailing them over that bonus sword from the Nazgûl Rider set years back.

Back