Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it’s not accurate to the book but it was widely reported Orlando Bloom didn’t enjoy wearing the blue contact lenses. You can see throughout the trilogy he has his dark brown eyes. I’m curious if someone painting the eyes to look darker would that improve the sculpt at all?

Sorry guys... i've decided to pick it up later in the week.
I want to delay the pick up till Friday and wait for the Gollum/Smeagol to be up for pre-order. Don't wanna make 2 trips to the store.

But the retailer took some poorly lit photos and although its in the box and not futzed it looks more like Asmus 2nd batch of photos. Yellow hair base with some white wash covered on top of it.

Sorry guys... i've decided to pick it up later in the week.
I want to delay the pick up till Friday and wait for the Gollum/Smeagol to be up for pre-order. Don't wanna make 2 trips to the store.

But the retailer took some poorly lit photos and although its in the box and not futzed it looks more like Asmus 2nd batch of photos. Yellow hair base with some white wash covered on top of it.
No worries, take your time. Can’t wait to see your pics when you get the chance.

It’s taking a while for photos to show up on this thread and no review videos…hard to work out whether this figure is actually good or not.

I have it in hand just now, will open him up in a bit. Maybe snap some pics.

Bought some paint, plan to recolor the hair. I'll take some before and after photos. Anything specific you wanna see just let me know.

Obviously purely straight out of the box. I'll gear him up later if i have time and take some proper pics. No fancy lighting, just an iphone 8.

IMG_1152.JPEG
IMG_1153.JPEG
IMG_1154.JPEG
IMG_1155.JPEG
IMG_1156.JPEG
IMG_1157.JPEG
IMG_1158.JPEG
IMG_1160.JPEG
IMG_1161.JPEG

Nice pics!

I too have an iPhone 8...hoping to finally upgrade this time around to the 13pro though. Maybe with it's new macro lens, I will finally be able to take decent close up pics my figures :lol

Obviously purely straight out of the box. I'll gear him up later if i have time and take some proper pics. No fancy lighting, just an iphone 8.

View attachment 538771View attachment 538772View attachment 538773View attachment 538774View attachment 538775View attachment 538776View attachment 538777View attachment 538778View attachment 538779
Thank you very much mate, I really appreciate your effort. In my opinion It looks nice, despite several possible improvements that we have mentioned before.

Now the question for me is, to get ir not to get the Deluxe Version 😂😂. I love the diorama base, but as European collector It would be very expensive in comparison with this one. I have to think about it!

View attachment 538778
Looking at your wall color, it was obviously shot under warm light - which affects the overall color.
It doesn't matter if it's Iphone8 or android phone. Natural sunlight will do the justice for colors. :)

Looking at your wall color, it was obviously shot under warm light - which affects the overall color.
It doesn't matter if it's Iphone8 or android phone. Natural sunlight will do the justice for colors. :)
25D8F314-7D35-447E-B6F7-09B38B122C73.jpeg
834E4924-A627-4A72-91C2-83EFB35710E9.jpeg

09F2BC47-601B-40C0-ADAA-AB005731ABA3.jpeg

8B10DF61-239F-4139-8828-EFA17FC3C2C4.jpeg

Happy now?

I’m off to repaint the hair. Can’t stand how yellow it is

Last edited:
Back