Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The expression really helps the sculpt, I like the determined look they gave him. The likeness isn't all the way there but it's decent.

This figure turned out really good in terms of the sculpt and overall look. That base will definitley add to the shelf presence.

Just rewatched Desolation of Smaug for the first time in ages, and this really does look more like that older Orlando Bloom with that fuller face he had at the time.

And jeez, I forgot just how much of a d-ck he was in that movie. Lol

Just rewatched Desolation of Smaug for the first time in ages, and this really does look more like that older Orlando Bloom with that fuller face he had at the time.

And jeez, I forgot just how much of a d-ck he was in that movie. Lol

I was never a fan of the elf overload in the Hobbit movies, since IMO it was a good opportunity to focus on dwarves - but, did enjoy the elf/Laketown fight - Legolas and the scissor knives.

Will pick this up, can always use Legolas - with Aragon now besides Legolas' daddy. Still waiting on that Thranduil+ throne, ASMUS!

@Asmus can you please show some pictures of the prototype under real light conditions?

The promo pictures aren't showing the likeness very well...

@Asmus can you please show some pictures of the prototype under real light conditions?

The promo pictures aren't showing the likeness very well...

That?s probably just because it?s not a great sculpt. Shame they?ve finally nailed Legolas? hair but missed the mark with his face.

The face really isn't that bad. It's not perfect but if you can't see Legolas there, that's your problem, not the prototype.

How the production sculpt comes out will be the real story. Hopefully it's improved and not worsened.

The face really isn't that bad. It's not perfect but if you can't see Legolas there, that's your problem, not the prototype.

How the production sculpt comes out will be the real story. Hopefully it's improved and not worsened.

Agreed I am excited to replace the original. Even my friend who disliked all the Asmus figures except for Eomer wants this Legolas.

No disrespect intended but Eomer? I think he’s their worst sculpt besides Sam.

My friend has interesting tastes. Eomer has a helmet going for him that helps with likeness. Eomer is certainly not even in top 3 of my favorites in my LOTR collection.

My friend has interesting tastes. Eomer has a helmet going for him that helps with likeness. Eomer is certainly not even in top 3 of my favorites in my LOTR collection.

I would say his sister is right up their with the worst of the sculpts (she’s so cross eyed looking that leaving her helmet on is the only option). We need an Eowyn in one of her gowns, and a completely new sculpt.

No, the problem is it's another mediocre to bad sculpt. People don't spend hundreds of dollars on these high end collectibles because they want a figure that "kinda" looks like the actor. Just because you are willing to accept mediocrity and even shill for it, doesnt mean everyone else needs to as well.

Lots of people will buy this figure considering the positive buzz around it all over social media. In the end consumers decide and they won’t spend hundreds on something they don’t like. “Everyone” won’t buy this figure because people have different tastes and not everyone even collects LOTR let alone 1/6 scale high end collectibles. An opinion is not shilling but putting words in people’s mouths is definitely a form of trolling.

No, the problem is it's another mediocre to bad sculpt. People don't spend hundreds of dollars on these high end collectibles because they want a figure that "kinda" looks like the actor. Just because you are willing to accept mediocrity and even shill for it, doesnt mean everyone else needs to as well.

I think it's important to remember that your opinion is subjective. It doesn't make it right or wrong, it just makes it your opinion.

And someone else having a different opinion doesn't make them automatically right or wrong. And it definitely doesn't mean they are a "shill."

People can spend hundreds of dollars on whatever they want. I personally think this looks like a pretty solid likeness.

Ultimately, your opinion ≠ fact.

Seriously, why are you still here? All you ever do is dump on Asmus and their products and anyone who likes them.

I'll admit, Asmus figures were nothing short of terrible when they first started and I avoided them entirely until last year. But they've made a ton of improvements over the years. Their tailoring and accessories, and now diorama pieces, are as good as you'll find. The sculpts have improved, and paint apps have gotten better. That's what counts. The quality is moving in the right direction and I think you can't accuse them of being mediocre anymore.

There's one Hot Toys out there. Damtoys and LIM Toys are probably the only companies capable of coming close to their overall quality levels. None of them are picking up the LOTR license, and they certainly aren't diving in the way Asmus has. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, either support the improvements they make or just ignore the line, like I used to.

Seriously, why are you still here? All you ever do is dump on Asmus and their products and anyone who likes them.

I'll admit, Asmus figures were nothing short of terrible when they first started and I avoided them entirely until last year. But they've made a ton of improvements over the years. Their tailoring and accessories, and now diorama pieces, are as good as you'll find. The sculpts have improved, and paint apps have gotten better. That's what counts. The quality is moving in the right direction and I think you can't accuse them of being mediocre anymore.

There's one Hot Toys out there. Damtoys and LIM Toys are probably the only companies capable of coming close to their overall quality levels. None of them are picking up the LOTR license, and they certainly aren't diving in the way Asmus has. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, either support the improvements they make or just ignore the line, like I used to.
People need to just ignore this [emoji1782]CLOWN[emoji1782]

Then he won't have anything to respond to.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You don't like it, we get it. Don't buy it, speak with your wallet.

It's not perfect but they aren't charging HT prices either. I ordered it.

Back