Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I went ahead and called PC. The I guy i spoke to had no eta to provide me, but confirmed their po's for legolas had indeed filled up. He suggested to call again in a few months. Bit of a blow off if ever i heard one! A refund was mentioned but i used lots of pennies on this purchase so I don't want to lose them.

Shipping is a total mess now....
'Every ship is full': Ocean issues expected to continue through 2023
  • Shippers should expect no relief for the rest of 2022 as many structural issues in ocean transportation have yet to be solved, experts at the TPM22 and TPMTech Conference, produced by The Journal of Commerce in Long Beach, California.
  • "We don’t see the tide turn in 2022," said Thorsten Meincke, board member for ocean and air freight at DB Schenker. Meincke said infrastructure problems, labor constraints, high demand and reduced capacity will continue to trouble the market.
  • Vessel delays will also remain a challenge for shippers. "Every ship is full. And there's no ship ready to come on the next voyage. So I think that goes on for a while," said Ronald Widdows, CEO of FlexiVan Leasing.
Sideshow sent a notice my Legolas DX will final charge soon. I dunno if that means he will ship - I guess? Like I've paid off the Argonath (WETA) and it won't even show up - supposedly - until this fall. Everything is *&^% up, and I don't have much on PO anyway. Doesn't seem like much point, it's like stuff won't show up until 2023 anyway!:huh

So I went ahead and called PC. The I guy i spoke to had no eta to provide me, but confirmed their po's for legolas had indeed filled up. He suggested to call again in a few months. Bit of a blow off if ever i heard one! A refund was mentioned but i used lots of pennies on this purchase so I don't want to lose them.
Thanks for the update. Guess it’s just a waiting game. I used a bunch of pennies and a voucher on this too, so I’ll just have to sit tight.
It was kinda frustrating that Sugo got him in a couple of months ago and quickly sold out. I thought “cool, shouldn’t be too long for PC to get him in then”…..argh.

Horrible enablers on this forum:lol. So Legolas came in yesterday from SSC; beautiful fig; beautiful details. Can definitely say - as a diorama fan - I am glad I went for the DX version, it's a great diorama well worth the cost, with the paint and weather effects. :clap Heavy, but think it adds a lot to the display. ASMUS has its usual beautiful details. I have a few nits; but glad to finally have him in hand. To me Legolas looks a bit Asian, sort of like the first Arwen did, but I can see Orlando Bloom there. No regrets on the purchase and it's good to have another Legolas to put with Thranduil. Or Gimli and Aragorn.(y)

ASMUS_Legolas1.jpg

ASMUS_Legolas2.jpg

ASMUS_Legolas3.jpg

ASMUS_Legolas4.jpg

Huzzah! PopCultcha has their stock! Finally got my preorder invoice for him and he’s listed on their website. Hope to have him in hand next week. Who’s a happy little woodland elf?
Same mate, it’s been a long wait, so hoping he’s gunna wow me!

Be sure to post I pic or two once you’ve had a chance to open and pose him. Enjoy

Same mate, it’s been a long wait, so hoping he’s gunna wow me!

Be sure to post I pic or two once you’ve had a chance to open and pose him. Enjoy
Cheers! Hope you enjoy the figure too. Rewatched a couple of unboxing vids and I think he’s going to look great with the others. Already worked out some futzing and posing ideas. I had Arwen ordered as well, so I’m very happy.
With these and Gollum, Bilbo, Nazgûl and Boromir still coming, 2022 is my year of LOTR!

Looks really great ssm, nice dynamic pose you have him in too! Hope to open and pose my one soon, but at least he finally arrived
Thanks RM. I've changed the pose for now since it wasn't 100% stable. Might pick up one of those dynamic stands later.
Glad yours arrived too. Hope you like it as much as I do. To me he's totally Orlando Bloom displayed on the shelf with top down LED lighting.

excellent photos.

p.s..I love all your LOTR vids on YouTube.
I assume you are one and the same.
Please keep them coming as it is very enabling.
😁
Thank you I really appreciate that, there's not a whole lot of LOTR 1/6 videos out there so I try to get them all when I can.

On that note I hope you like this, I have two more on the way as I got a little trigger happy lately, Asmus reignite my passion again with these releases.

Back