Asmus Toys: Legolas @ The Battle of Helm's Deep

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's the Marty McFly 2.0 review.
That makes sense he did the same for TROS Rey too. Before his review everyone thought she looked horrible. Helps to have video in good resolution quality and showcasing various angles and details.

Someone may have already answered this but can his shoulder armor be removed without damaging the figure?

Which was the other figure ?
It was indeed Marty 2.0.

To be fair, HT’s promotional material did a major disservice to that head sculpt and they didn’t even mention the newly tailored clothing so it’s partly on them for all the negative assumptions.

If you’re making a 2.0, you really need to telegraph every change from the original.

The likeness is definitely looking a tad generic now but I'd still give it a slight edge over the V1 whose features always seemed a bit too exaggerated and caricaturish to me. The new sculpt looks much more like a real person now (if not exactly Orlando Bloom). In any case I'll probably be doing a slight repaint to bring it at least back to the proto look.
Any tips on how to repaint pre-painted headsculpts without taking the whole thing off? I've been looking into touch-ups to and repainting (to a slight extent) my HT / Asmus headsculpts and don't know whether the new paint / dry-brushing will hold without priming it. And should I seal it with varnish when I'm done or just paint without primer and varnish? Cheers!

Any tips on how to repaint pre-painted headsculpts without taking the whole thing off? I've been looking into touch-ups to and repainting (to a slight extent) my HT / Asmus headsculpts and don't know whether the new paint / dry-brushing will hold without priming it. And should I seal it with varnish when I'm done or just paint without primer and varnish? Cheers!
Yes prime it first. Either through airbrush or spraycan. Once your happy with your paint job seal it with a dullcote for hair and satin/semi-gloss for skin. A quick sand of the area before you start with some fine paper will help the primer stick even more (remove all dust too)

Before you jump into repainting heads from your collection hop on eBay and buy some cheap crap sculpts. Use them to get some repaint experience in without the potential of ruining something from your collection. That’s how I learned without risking anything I already display.

the existing paint should be fine to touch up over, the purpose of primer is to promote adhesion the the material that the sculpt is molded in. The existing paint is already adhered to it. I often do touchups over existing paint.

I found another video showing the colour of Legolas hair. Still looks a bit too yellow
www.instagram.com/p/CTyqDyFh-Uo/
Thanks for sharing that video. I just don't see a LotR Legolas in the sculpt. I still prefer the first version's sculpt.

I will say that these sculpts will look much better in hand than in photos or even videos.

Yes prime it first. Either through airbrush or spraycan. Once your happy with your paint job seal it with a dullcote for hair and satin/semi-gloss for skin. A quick sand of the area before you start with some fine paper will help the primer stick even more (remove all dust too)
Any suggestions how to get Galadriel closer to prototype skin tone? My current one has a pinkish/peach tone. The second pic or closer to prototype is what I want to achieve.
EAEEE59D-2585-4AA2-AE96-F793F9D7314D.jpeg
DB888D60-6AB6-41C6-85BF-0068FEBE0A60.jpeg

Any suggestions how to get Galadriel closer to prototype skin tone? My current one has a pinkish/peach tone. The second pic or closer to prototype is what I want to achieve.View attachment 539921View attachment 539922
Wow, big difference there! An airbrush can tone in the right pale complexion, but if you don’t have one dry brushing is a technique you could try using a lighter shade of flesh colour.
Experiment on a spare sculpt if you have one like the above post said. Good luck!

Just got my Legolas in yesterday. Got a deal on it so I made the decision to pick it up. In hand the sculpt looks better. Even if I look at it through a camera lens it just looks off. The likeness isn’t perfect, but I def see it better in hand.

Just got my Legolas in yesterday. Got a deal on it so I made the decision to pick it up. In hand the sculpt looks better. Even if I look at it through a camera lens it just looks off. The likeness isn’t perfect, but I def see it better in hand.
Yep, likeness is almost always better in hand. Even the Arwen pics I took don’t really do her justice in person.

Back