Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, so I placed a PO for Gimli on BBTS in April 2021 and the estimated arrival keeps changing every month starting from April to May to now expected by July. I am sure it is soon going to show an expected by August 2021 date. As of now, all Pre-orders for Gimli have sold out on BBTS and I was lucky to place one before that happened. My concern is will Asmus ever release Gimli again (and a Frodo reissue) and will I get him through BBTS or should I just cancel the PO? Any thoughts on this? I am so confused right now!

Hey guys, so I placed a PO for Gimli on BBTS in April 2021 and the estimated arrival keeps changing every month starting from April to May to now expected by July. I am sure it is soon going to show an expected by August 2021 date. As of now, all Pre-orders for Gimli have sold out on BBTS and I was lucky to place one before that happened. My concern is will Asmus ever release Gimli again (and a Frodo reissue) and will I get him through BBTS or should I just cancel the PO? Any thoughts on this? I am so confused right now!
You could try contacting BBTS just to get a feel for their shipment. If they are waiting for another batch other people could be waiting too. I would keep the preorder.

Congrats. It is one of my favorite figures in the collection. Just so well done, all around.
Thanks, and I agree, an extremely well done figure, one of Asmus’ best.
I actually bought 2 when they were first released, but I couldn’t resist ordering another when it was revealed the re-release had improved chainmail. If that turns out to be the case, I’ll *probably* resell my unopened first release.

Got mine processed as well from BBTS. I was just very skeptical if they would even ship it. Thanks to @DakRen I did not cancel it. Can't wait to see it in hand!
Glad you kept the preorder. I’m sure you will really enjoy Gimli in person. Like others said he’s top tier quality. Just be careful with the gripping hands, mine were closed off and required to be cut open so he could use his weapons.

Anyone has any idea/experience how to undress Gimli, especially taking of his surcoat, as the belt around his body is so tight that i have no idea how to take it off without breaking the belt buckle. I would like to put on the chain mail from the coomodel viking chieftain.

Last edited:
After ordering this guy direct from asmus back in may, many emails back and forth and my patience barely hanging on, he finally arrived this week. Just had a moment today to open and display him. So I would have to say this is asmus best work to date (not including crown releases)
The rooted hair and beard, the sculpt, the weapons and the intricate details of the costume impressed me so much.
He is near perfect, and a great representation of a character that was easy to like.
Only one thing they should have addressed on this re-release, the ax holders on his belt are still too tight to hold them without a fear of splitting the delicate plastic, so after a few tries I decided to leave them out.
I‘ve seen some people manage it, but breaking the holder was not something I would be happy about on a new figure.
Those of you that have one on the way should be quite pleased!

After ordering this guy direct from asmus back in may, many emails back and forth and my patience barely hanging on, he finally arrived this week. Just had a moment today to open and display him. So I would have to say this is asmus best work to date (not including crown releases)
The rooted hair and beard, the sculpt, the weapons and the intricate details of the costume impressed me so much.
He is near perfect, and a great representation of a character that was easy to like.
Only one thing they should have addressed on this re-release, the ax holders on his belt are still too tight to hold them without a fear of splitting the delicate plastic, so after a few tries I decided to leave them out.
I‘ve seen some people manage it, but breaking the holder was not something I would be happy about on a new figure.
Those of you that have one on the way should be quite pleased!
IMO along with Thorin for me the top 2 ASMUS figs released, thanks to the sculpts, paint, costumes, sturdy bodies, and diecast weapons. 5 diecast weapons!

Yeah, there is that tight axe loop on Gimli, only way I know if is repeated heating with a blow dryer and gentle stretching. I snapped on of mine on one side at the base, which actually worked well by accident - more like a clip than a loop. *Shrug*. On display u can't tell.

Very tempted now to grab a legolas HD as TTT is my favourite of the trilogy. Never get tired of watching it!

Attachments

• 85D1E708-1810-4DA1-90D4-93FA5C0007D0.jpeg
    85D1E708-1810-4DA1-90D4-93FA5C0007D0.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 66
Just paid for EMS shipping to Oz. Really looking forward to getting him. Can't wait for Helm's Deep Legolas to pose alongside Gimli and Helm's Deep Aragorn too :)
Yeah they are pretty slow with their replies. Glad it got sorted for you though. I’m sure you’ll be impressed with Gimli. I caved the other day and ordered legolas HD from popcultcha. It was a a good deal, pre-order special price and $50 in pennies used. Have’nt got a figure for that kind of money in forever. Please be sure to post some pics once he arrives, the ems was pretty speedy.

Yeah they are pretty slow with their replies. Glad it got sorted for you though. I’m sure you’ll be impressed with Gimli. I caved the other day and ordered legolas HD from popcultcha. It was a a good deal, pre-order special price and $50 in pennies used. Have’nt got a figure for that kind of money in forever. Please be sure to post some pics once he arrives, the ems was pretty speedy.
Yep, there was quite a delay in their finance dept. resending a shipping invoice out to me after I had made a mistake with the initial EMS payment. I'm glad it's all done and on it's way.
I did the same with Legolas at PC :). Pennies, gift card and pre-order price worked out amazingly cheap!
I'll definitely post some pics of Gimli when he arrives.

With all the talk about Legolas. HD I thought I'd post this to show what Asmus can achieve when all cylinders are firing.

Attachments

• 20210904_025249.jpg
    20210904_025249.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 74
This Gimli is probably their best figure to date, it's pretty much on point. I've just sold mine though, no use in keeping him around when I'm not impressed with any of the others.

This Gimli is probably their best figure to date, it's pretty much on point. I've just sold mine though, no use in keeping him around when I'm not impressed with any of the others.
It’s hard to have a collection with only Gimli, if Aragorn and Legolas worked out that trio would have been enough. I totally get your frustration, a lot of us are disappointed.

Back