Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Gimli had fused fists. How do you place the axes in the open fist hands if the thumbs do not separate from the rest of the hand?

I'm sure it will likely happen for those that missed him and/or want an extra for their HD display. I have one in my Fellowship display, but I'd buy a second one to go with HD Aragorn and Leggy.

I wanted one, but couldn't justify displaying him alone as I wasn't a fan of the V.1 Legolas. This new Helmsdeep version has definitely peaked my interest but now I really want a Gimli to go along..... feel like a fool.

Well, I asked. That’s a bummer. 34C7256A-1D4F-4D24-A1E7-2D9424393324.jpeg

Hmm, I don’t know if I trust them so buyer beware but Monkey On Fire says they have Gimli in stock

Have they gotten untrustworthy? Some time ago, I had ordered and received the Xensation "Smuggler" figure from "Game of Thrones" from them and it went fairly smoothly. The only issue I had was that I couldn't get past the "Paypal" screen when attempting to pay the balance but that was cleared up by them.

In light of Asmus announcing that there are no plans to release one, I introduce to you Gimli: The Battle of Helms Deep!
Just a quick laugh... its a little tight across the chest. [emoji23]
6275b2b3d1bfbd9d117ddb4e0528f84b.jpg

Late as usual, here's my Gimli. I repainted the golden and silver details from his helm and shoulder armour, I shortened his neck and used the Amon Hen base that came with Aragorn. I think it looks great now!

img_20210522_124110.jpg

Instagram: @scalegalaxy

Your Gimli upgrades look great! Did you modify Boromir? Think the shadows help the likeness, especially with the hair a darker more accurate shade.

Thank you! Yes, I applied a darker wash to his hair and beard - I think the sculpted hair is actually quite good, finding a more accurate tone makes it look way better!

Just ordered him direct from Asmus, they were willing to take the hit for half of the extortionate DHL shipping cost which was totally unexpected and really appreciated.

Back