Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock

View attachment 455382

*EDIT* LOL, sorry for the sizing... Looks like the sculpt will be sold separately!!

Great news , I wasn't keen on the idea of parting with mine, but would gladly update the headsculpt.
I think the first one was already a great accomplishment and I did root his hair and beard myself,
but as others said, i feel that they reproduced his older "hobbit" look, so I can't wait for the new sculpt !

7b544894ef92b44c0cc72fbcb760150c.jpg

[emoji102][emoji102][emoji102][emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many epic pieces in that pic. I also think I see Azog laying on the table there? I feel like Asmus was quiet for a while and then they drop this on us. All of those figures are a must have for me.

And so to begins, the great battle of my funds and display space. Awesome job Asmus love the reveals. Still hoping for a Ranger Faramir, Gollum and Lurtz in the future but this line is so much fun.

So eager to have rooted hair GtG and GtW in particular. They look sensational.

I agree that we need to voice our wishes to manufacturers but we got to be realistic. Asmus figures are produced in numbers no where near Hot Toys so they got to make their money somewhere. We also got to be realistic that LotR is not as popular as Marvel and StarWars at the moment. As to real leather and animal hair, I heard some countries has rules regarding importing products that contain fur/leather. There are admin work involved. I'm not saying this is the case, none of us will know. If we can get real hair and leather for Gandalf for the same price or slightly higher price, I'm good with that.

I am know I am in the minority here but I am extremely pleased when figures do not have real leather or animal hair. Morally I would have a really hard time justifying buying a figure that uses animal products.

I am know I am in the minority here but I am extremely pleased when figures do not have real leather or animal hair. Morally I would have a really hard time justifying buying a figure that uses animal products.

I am ok with animal hair as long as they don't kill the poor animal.
Real leather, that's different.....
m.

The amount of hideous chemistry involved in the manufacture and packaging of this stuff will kill that cow sooner or later.

If I can get a sculpt and the rooting at that level, I'd pay the price of a full figure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So "Crown" is Asmus' "DX" series? Good idea.

We'll see if the quality is worth the uptick in cost. I certainly hope it is. Asmus could start with a better base body, that's for sure.

I have Asmus's last Gandalf, so comparing the two will be easy for me.

Back