Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I remembered.
The hair was also best, right?
But you mean head-related problems haven't been solved in spite of all batches ever since?

Any problems concerning outfit or accessories?

Thanks buddy.
I haven’t had any outfit issues but I do not have the latest version. It sounds like Frodo’s vest color is off with the newest batch. Hair also seems to be the best with the first Slim versions. I actually ordered a Sam from this latest batch to see if he turned out any different. I haven’t had any head related problems as far as defects or breakage but because Sam’s head is hollow I think it is possible to manipulate it to make it look better. My personal belief which could be 100% wrong is that it is misshapen due to production because of the hollowness not because of the sculpt if that makes sense.

IMG_20210629_234801504.jpg

Vest color is off. No blue eyes.
But it IS without questions Frodo.
And I'm glad to have him in my collection!

View attachment 529727

Vest color is off. No blue eyes.
But it IS without questions Frodo.
And I'm glad to have him in my collection!
Overall it looks great. I might steal that pose. You might be able to find a patted out vest eBay if it bothers you or display him with the coat off and the Lothlorien cloak. I have one of my Frodo’s displayed that way and the other displayed pre-Lothlorien. If they do another batch and fix the eye color and vest I will probably cave and get another one.

Finally received my Dean Toliver sculpt back from 357partment and I took a crack at hairing him myself. For such a simple hair style it really isn't 😆 trying to get all the curls in the correct spots with the sides and the bangs is a nightmare. My first original try I ended up with not enough hair in his bangs so I added more. Glad I did as that really helped with the likeness more.

Next I need to send Sam off to the painter.
FB_IMG_1642647100062.jpg
FB_IMG_1642647103978.jpg
FB_IMG_1642647096056.jpg
20220119_210000.jpg

Here's a quick video I did. I tried a different technique for the top of the hair that another well known hair artist pointed out to me. This wasn't completely styled yet I had to still mess around with it quite a bit more after this video to get the hair to sit better. Doing long hair is no problem but trying to get this curl in all the right spots is a real pita. 😄

CY7yKikoDTw
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CY7yKikoDTw/?utm_medium=copy_link

Finally received my Dean Toliver sculpt back from 357partment and I took a crack at hairing him myself. For such a simple hair style it really isn't 😆 trying to get all the curls in the correct spots with the sides and the bangs is a nightmare. My first original try I ended up with not enough hair in his bangs so I added more. Glad I did as that really helped with the likeness more.

Next I need to send Sam off to the painter.
View attachment 557026View attachment 557027View attachment 557028View attachment 557029
Looks absolutely amazing. Are those head sculpts available to purchase?

I just finished to work on this new Sam. Love this version.
:)

Attachments

• IMG_6444.JPG
    IMG_6444.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6445.JPG
    IMG_6445.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6446.JPG
    IMG_6446.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6447.JPG