Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ! The figure is rehaired by Jovl Tang. I just had to hairstyle it to make it look the way I wanted.
:)

I just finished to work on this new Sam. Love this version.
:)
R.gif
Amazing work, Neko

A 1/6 Shelob would be terrifying.....
AWESOME.
but terrifying.....
Lol I have a feeling that would be a figure that my wife would never let me display. Probably because my son and I probably wouldn’t be able to stop moving it around the house and putting it in places like in the pantry, the fridge, shower . . . basically anywhere it could make my wife and daughters jump when they see it. A 1/6 Sheldon would get me into all kinds of trouble. The old Toy Biz one was confiscated a loooong time ago.

Lol I have a feeling that would be a figure that my wife would never let me display. Probably because my son and I probably wouldn’t be able to stop moving it around the house and putting it in places like in the pantry, the fridge, shower . . . basically anywhere it could make my wife and daughters jump when they see it. A 1/6 Sheldon would get me into all kinds of trouble. The old Toy Biz one was confiscated a loooong time ago.

giphy.gif

Lol darn you auto correct!!!

Sam fighting Sheldon with the light of Galadriel would have been a very strange confrontation. Also scaring my wife and kids with a 1/6 Sheldon sounds even creepier than a 1/6 Shelob.

Heya guys, ordered the crown GtG yesterday from kghobby and looking to get Frodo to pair them up. Is there any way to know the batch (by the SKU for example) before I order one? My idea is to possibly get one from the first batch of the reissue that has somewhat blueish eyes. Any pointers/help is much appreciated. TIA.

I finally got mine. I got the version with brown/green eyes so I repainted them blue. I also painted the buttons in his shirt off-white, fixed his belt and gave him a custom Elven cloak, I think he looks the part now. I tried to go for his TTT look here.

3477F2EF-B262-4C44-9C36-AF5C96CD6C96.jpeg

Well, never say never. As many of you know, I was the very first person with the strange pale Frodo paint many years ago now -- in fact, just over 4 years to the day I received my Frodo (on May 2, 2018). The skin was so pale with odd dark green eyes that he looked more like Frodo at the bottom of the swamp or after being stung by Shelob.

But the saga has finally come to a close, as I just received my replacement head from Asmus!

Yes, they honored their promise and did in fact get the head to me... and I couldn't be happier. The new head has color in his cheeks, looks warm and rested, and has mostly blue eyes (they still do that strange star thing). So at long last my Frodo can finally be part of the Fellowship without looking like Weekend at Bernie's Frodo.

Shout out to George and Asmus -- THANK YOU very much!

The best part of this is I have only good things to say about Asmus again. The thorn has been pulled.

COMP 2.jpg

Congrats, Wor-Gar!

Thank you, Fly! I know you've been following my story from the beginning.

Congrats!

(I wonder if anything is being planned for the rest of us who received the green-eyed Frodos.)

I certainly hope so. I actually had no idea replacement heads were going out until Batsheva mentioned hearing about it. I have to thank Batsheva also for sending me down the path to contact Asmus and inquire.

I also inquired, ages ago. Was told to send picks of my
Shelob stung frodo for proof to get a replacement (which i did).- still waiting.... crickets
Glad someone got theirs, good for you Wor-gar !

I also inquired, ages ago. Was told to send picks of my
Shelob stung frodo for proof to get a replacement (which i did).- still waiting.... crickets
Glad someone got theirs, good for you Wor-gar !

Reach out to them. Clearly they have the heads now. It takes several days for them to respond but they did, very kindly, and they shipped fairly quickly. I first re-contacted them exactly a month ago tomorrow, so that's very swift.

Well, never say never. As many of you know, I was the very first person with the strange pale Frodo paint many years ago now -- in fact, just over 4 years to the day I received my Frodo (on May 2, 2018). The skin was so pale with odd dark green eyes that he looked more like Frodo at the bottom of the swamp or after being stung by Shelob.

But the saga has finally come to a close, as I just received my replacement head from Asmus!

Yes, they honored their promise and did in fact get the head to me... and I couldn't be happier. The new head has color in his cheeks, looks warm and rested, and has mostly blue eyes (they still do that strange star thing). So at long last my Frodo can finally be part of the Fellowship without looking like Weekend at Bernie's Frodo.

Shout out to George and Asmus -- THANK YOU very much!

The best part of this is I have only good things to say about Asmus again. The thorn has been pulled.

View attachment 576050
That's great! Gotta give credit where credit is due. Congrats that you can finally end that chapter of waiting!

Back