Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Luisenigma1 has some successful runs that he's done. Luis, you think Iris or Yunsil would be interested in an Ash set?

The harness, I'm not sure who would be able to do that if it were real leather and web belt etc.
You could try Alex at Siberian Custom Studio to see if he would do it.

Even though there's still a clear downgrade on the Henrietta compared to what we were shown it actually looks like new ones are painted more accurately, Henrietta isn't grey like the prototype but more a pale skin tone with lots of blemishes, could actually do with a few more blemishes (stole godfathers pic)
Henrietta_Knowby (2).jpg
20220124_084257.jpg

The question is tho do all the ones shipping look like that, god I hope so
Mine was held for QC check. So that's what I'm expecting now. Will know for certain tomorrow when it delivers. Also if my Henrietta looks like a turd, they've said they will be sending replacements. So will see.

No, the eyes are actually fine, theres simply more iris showing due to the one eye being open more then other. They look good.
The irises don't really
No, the eyes are actually fine, theres simply more iris showing due to the one eye being open more then other. They look good.
Thing is, the irises here should both sit flush with the lower eye lid. In reality, you'd need to be looking slightly upwards, and squinting one eye, in order to have one iris sit flush with the lower eyelid, while the other reveals sclera between the iris and lower lid. Basically, an eyebrow raise would only raise the upper eye lid, not the lower one.

Also, in earlier photos, the eyes haven't appeared to be looking in exactly the same direction. Maybe that was a result of bad photography, or a bad batch of paint apps.

The irises don't really

Thing is, the irises here should both sit flush with the lower eye lid. In reality, you'd need to be looking slightly upwards, and squinting one eye, in order to have one iris sit flush with the lower eyelid, while the other reveals sclera between the iris and lower lid. Basically, an eyebrow raise would only raise the upper eye lid, not the lower one.

Also, in earlier photos, the eyes haven't appeared to be looking in exactly the same direction. Maybe that was a result of bad photography, or a bad batch of paint apps.
Fair point - mine looks fine from what I can see, and I stared at him a lot!

Ok, so after having unboxed everything and having a quick look at feel of this set I must say I'm actually pretty happy overall. Some of the issues Asmus fixed was appreciated. My biggest issue was Henrietta and thankfully I'm much happier with this than the cake topper seen in the beggining.
The sticker on the box wasn't a big issue. And it's weird that they got the name right on the box under the slip but misspelled on the slip. Henrietta is heavy solid resin type. I was expecting plastic. So that was a nice surprise. The base itself is heavy as well.
The Linda hair I will redo at some point.
Deadite Ash head, I must confirm does not fit on the body with the stock neck peg. It's a major QC issue that failed QC. Uncalled for.
Clothing looks and feel decent in hand. Will be fine once I water treat it and weather it up.
I also don't see an issue with the boots.
There is no glue on the chainsaw (not sure where that claim came from)

Things I will likely like to replace is the harness. Hope someone can do a custom run.

Sculpt I'm going to play with and see what I can do.

Wife and I have some errands to run in town so I'll be back to playing with this this afternoon. Just some quick unboxing pics for now.

I have unboxing videos on my Instagram stories too if you want to check them out.

FB_IMG_1643041217415.jpg
FB_IMG_1643041220005.jpg
FB_IMG_1643041222247.jpg
FB_IMG_1643041224400.jpg
FB_IMG_1643041226638.jpg
FB_IMG_1643041229144.jpg

Back