Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those new Henrietta’s are exactly what I was expecting. They either A. Had a ton already produced and were repainted or B. Had new ones produced. The reason I say that is because they said they already sent out Sideshow’s allotment and they couldn’t make sure those had hair and they would send a second Henrietta. So they had to produce more unless they overproduced a significant amount. Either way, I’m much happier with that new Henrietta paint. Is it the same as the proto and the one they claimed was a production from a set they randomly pulled? No, it’s not. But it’s better. It’s a start. Still waiting until I get it in hand to make final decisions 🤣

I ordered from Sideshow, so I'm hoping if they made any other improvements, aside from the Henrietta bust, that I won't miss out. Mine isn't meant to ship for another month, so I'm looking forward to seeing some unboxing vids. My biggest concern at this point is honestly just Ash's eyes.
I wouldn’t expect any changes other than Henrietta since they said they had already sent Sideshow’s allotment out which is why they’re sending us a second Henrietta (according to their post) instead of swapping out for one with hair. So unless they’re going to send us an extra pair of pants I’m not holding my breath for anymore changes at this point

Well they finally sent me a new invoice for the standard version, and were able to transfer over my deposit so it ended up being $191 total, which I can easily live with. No way would I want to pay any more for this.

Now to wait and see if I get one with pants I can actually close. Lol
Happy it turns out well for you Dave.
Hopefully the pants are fixed, do post some pics when it's arrived! :D

Well they finally sent me a new invoice for the standard version, and were able to transfer over my deposit so it ended up being $191 total, which I can easily live with. No way would I want to pay any more for this.

Now to wait and see if I get one with pants I can actually close. Lol
--

Glad to read they're doing as you reasonably requested.

Not that this matters, I wonder if the non-stop criticisms (however repeating) and collectors like yourself chiming in with initial less than stellar responses they gave had any influence or sway in how they're finally responding to you and others regarding refunds and adjust the invoice, etc.?

Just curious. If the vocal ones (i.e., myself included) simply stayed silent as a few admonished, would you and others ended up with your refund and invoice adjustment?

We'll never know and again it doesn't matter and/or is irrelevant.

The important thing is you got what you requested (thus far).

I ordered from Sideshow, so I'm hoping if they made any other improvements, aside from the Henrietta bust, that I won't miss out. Mine isn't meant to ship for another month, so I'm looking forward to seeing some unboxing vids. My biggest concern at this point is honestly just Ash's eyes.
You’re pretty much boned. Seems like whatever allotment Sideshow is getting was already processed and secured which is why Asmus is saying theres nothing they can do for those orders other than to send out another Henrietta with hair and the name stickers.

I've been watching the movie and grabbing reference pics. I may play with a Henrietta sculpt this weekend for the fun of it. Here's a pic of the cut off hand and deadite ash mid movie.
ED2.jpg

What exactly is it that the people that keep showing up in this thread saying other people are broken records for complaining think people should be discussing instead?

It's like going into a thread with page after page of people praising a figure and telling everyone to ease up on the praise because they sound like broken records.

Criticism and praise are two sides of the same coin.

They somehow feel they need to keep us in line. It's some kind of weird white knighting of the company and or white knighting opposite opinions in general.

It took a while, but I think the nonstop criticism both here and on FB, along with the tons of refund requests, finally broke through and caused them to take the situation more seriously.

Yo Asmus sent me the Invoice for Standard Ash. Lmao I don't want either come on.
--

No forward/positive movement in this instance.

Yikes.

What exactly is it that the people that keep showing up in this thread saying other people are broken records for complaining think people should be discussing instead?

It's like going into a thread with page after page of people praising a figure and telling everyone to ease up on the praise because they sound like broken records.

Criticism and praise are two sides of the same coin.
--

Like I have an aversion to blind loyalty to blatant wrong doing (among other things), there are those with an aversion/utmost hatred of broken records going on and on and on about repeating the obvious where they're sick of it because they just don't care for it, indifferent to it, annoy the crap out of them even though wrong is wrong and they rather have it go away good riddance, etc. because for them it's the path of least resistance.

If they had the authority and power to instantly "cancel" as in "cancel culture", they would do so without any hesitation and that's a fact and a truth.

I love my asmus dante for dmc5, i have new luxury dante in preorder and also virgil, this is not a personal crussade vs amus by any means.
It just happen that a company released a mess (im talking about the luxury) and tried to cover up, and im both dissapointed and angry about it, this threat would be totally different if asmus would have told the truth since the beggining.
But as i said theres no point of discussing more about that, now we just have to wait to see real pics and impresions for collectors and may be compare those henriettas with the one showed by asmus...

If they had the authority and power to instantly "cancel" as in "cancel culture", they would do so without any hesitation and that's a fact and a truth.
:slap You're definitely quite loose in your definition of what the "truth" and "facts" are...
Again, a perfect example of yet another strawman argument, making up claims about the other side to make your own position feel more justified.

Do you really not see the irony that you're playing the victim here about others trying to "cancel" you, while you (and with this, I am grouping you and a couple of other posters you seem to agree with) are actually the ones contacting the license holder and actor about not liking how a figure turned out amd how a brand is behaving?

I am reminded again why I don't usually post in threads like this because it seems entirely fruitless, but since this is a community I enjoy and consider myself a part of, I felt compelled to reply. I know this won't matter to you because somehow only opinions seem to be valid of those that scream loudest, but seeing how many people liked my previous post, I feel at least somewhat justified that I'm not the only one feeling like this. Well, I've said my peace. I'm out.

:slap You're definitely quite loose in your definition of what the "truth" and "facts" are...
Again, a perfect example of yet another strawman argument, making up claims about the other side to make your own position feel more justified.

Do you really not see the irony that you're playing the victim here about others trying to "cancel" you, while you (and with this, I am grouping you and a couple of other posters you seem to agree with) are actually the ones contacting the license holder and actor about not liking how a figure turned out amd how a brand is behaving?

I am reminded again why I don't usually post in threads like this because it seems entirely fruitless, but since this is a community I enjoy and consider myself a part of, I felt compelled to reply. I know this won't matter to you because somehow only opinions seem to be valid of those that scream loudest, but seeing how many people liked my previous post, I feel at least somewhat justified that I'm not the only one feeling like this. Well, I've said my peace. I'm out.
--

I respectfully disagree.

You have one perspective/view of your own and that's fine.

The few who posted implying or stating the few members within this thread (myself included) who needs to be banned (i.e., cancelled) is clearly evident, thus my reply.

If you actually read all of my posts, you're stating I'm claiming to be a victim? No. I never claimed to be a victim asides from being extremely displeased based prior experience with the brand and calling them out for their prior and current dismal production quality among other things.

As for contacting the property's IP holder and/or the actor, I have not done so personally. Moreover, why bother? I made that post as possible option/scenario for discussion. If a few actually did that bringing attention to the matter, then so be it.

I post in such discussions because I'm stating an opinion like you and using facts, perspective, etc. as applicable. Your reply comes off like you're personally being forced to address an ongoing broken record and you're better than that. I acknowledged that my posts are a broken record. I never denied it. Furthermore, I enjoy this community and read the different the perspectives of others who agree or disagree of varying tolerances.

This is not a popularity contest as far as I'm concerned of who's posts gets the most likes/reactions. Maybe it is to you and others since you brought up how many others like your prior response to me?

The debacle with the brand is not about me even though I'm likely the loudest and most annoying broken record against the brand. It's not a personal crusade or mission though some may view it that way right, wrong, and indifferent. The brand attempted to jack this community of collectors and that offends me and others.

If you and others don't like my opinions/posts, the solution is simple. Use the block/ignore function. It's that easy. I've done so myself.

In the meantime, I like others are patiently awaiting more in hand pictures and videos of the figure (luxury edition) to see if it can truly be salvaged with additional effort, money, and time or if it is truly unsalvageable.

Last edited:
Back