Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep its great they fix things, but as i said, those henriettas are not what they showed as a production piece...
We'll see upon closer inspection on how the revised Henrietta's paint job is.. but I agree with you, I don't think it's the same quality with the one they labelled as "actual production piece" Henrietta, which is (allegedly) the prototype piece.

Only then after such close inspection, we can declare that it is indeed a blatant lie. (they also lied before about bald Henrietta being only in random units, and not all of them are hairless..)

Yes. It's beyond logic. But I guess that's what a blind love is.
Or is it their desperate attempt to defend asmus so the company will keep on going, and produce the figures that they want to have..
The point is, they will not look at the mistakes and just praise asmus no matter what. So just do what I did, push the ignore button on em. ;)

Yes, I saw this on their FB.

Good news, I think. At least they are doing what they can to fix it.. and the zipper is now closed!
I salute this move from them. A little critique/input from me, in their FB post caption, they call this a "silly mistake".
I really hope they don't see this as a little mistake. This is something serious, and I hope they learn a lot from this. :)

I am happy for those who still have this in order, at least this will strike off several things that is need to be modded.
--

Such devotion/loyalty to the brand by a few IMHO is equivalent to a cult religious following.

They attack any who criticize them. They defend it overzealously by coming off as being better and holier/righteous than thou.

As I stated previously. I used to be a devout loyal follower of a brand. I learned the hard way. I let it go. Never again. This is why I have an aversion to such misplaced devotion to a brand, a retailer, a collector/customizer. Especially when it's clearly obvious they've done wrong and attempt to disregard it (i.e., "shady").

@batsheva | Because of you I've used the term "shady" more within the past week than I did within the past couple of years.

They attack any who criticize them. They defend it overzealously by coming off as being better and holier/righteous than thou.

As an "innocent bystander" in this thread (who doesn't have this figure on order but has been reading this thread since the first production pictures came out, because I'm simply interested in the 1:6 hobby and like to stay up to date), that's the thing though: this is exactly how I would describe your behavior at the moment as well.

Anybody who posts even anything that is not entirely destructive of this figure or the brand can expect a barage of replies from the same group of posters telling him/her how bad the product is, how horrible the brand is, and that they are better off cancelling. That's what bothers - at least me - about these constant repeated posts. It discourages others from posting, which is why this thread has effectively become the same 4-5 people posting.

Anybody who doesn't agree with your views is labelled an "Asmus loyalist". This is exactly the same polarizing black & white thinking that's becoming so rampant everywhere today, and apparently it applies to the figure community as well: "anybody who doesn't agree with me must be the most extreme opposite". I've seen many strawman arguments in here as well, talking about what these "loyalists" must say or do to reinforce your own position/opinion, while nobody has actually shown any of that behavior.

And while this shouldn't have to be said in the first place, apparently it's necessary, so: no, I'm no "Asmus loyalist". I own three of their figures, all of which I had to or am planning to customize heavily to get to my liking, and I don't have anything on pre-order from them. I also think this figure has been an absolute disaster of a release, from bad production to bad behavior from Asmus in how they are dealing with it, and it has hurt my opinion of them quite a lot.
But as others have said, if I were Asmus, I'd probably stay clear of this thread as well by now, because it's become toxic to the point where they can't seem to do right anymore.

As an "innocent bystander" in this thread (who doesn't have this figure on order but has been reading this thread since the first production pictures came out, because I'm simply interested in the 1:6 hobby and like to stay up to date), that's the thing though: this is exactly how I would describe your behavior at the moment as well.

Anybody who posts even anything that is not entirely destructive of this figure or the brand can expect a barage of replies from the same group of posters telling him/her how bad the product is, how horrible the brand is, and that they are better off cancelling. That's what bothers - at least me - about these constant repeated posts. It discourages others from posting, which is why this thread has effectively become the same 4-5 people posting.

Anybody who doesn't agree with your views is labelled an "Asmus loyalist". This is exactly the same polarizing black & white thinking that's becoming so rampant everywhere today, and apparently it applies to the figure community as well: "anybody who doesn't agree with me must be the most extreme opposite". I've seen many strawman arguments in here as well, talking about what these "loyalists" must say or do to reinforce your own position/opinion, while nobody has actually shown any of that behavior.

And while this shouldn't have to be said in the first place, apparently it's necessary, so: no, I'm no "Asmus loyalist". I own three of their figures, all of which I had to or am planning to customize heavily to get to my liking, and I don't have anything on pre-order from them. I also think this figure has been an absolute disaster of a release, from bad production to bad behavior from Asmus in how they are dealing with it, and it has hurt my opinion of them quite a lot.
But as others have said, if I were Asmus, I'd probably stay clear of this thread as well by now, because it's become toxic to the point where they can't seem to do right anymore.
If you believe earth is flat, i post a pic of earth, and you tell me that well, is not that round, im gonna believe you are from the flat earth society.
Most of us talk about the luxury edition, with the huge amount of evidence, videos, pics.. theres no way something objective say its not that bad, for me if you say that luxury edition is fine you are a asmus fanboy with no criterium.
Dont get me wrong, i agree with you in part, but i just dont like a company that lie to me.
And asmus stopped posting after the "henrietta production piece" from asmus while all the ones from collectors were bald and unpainted.
Anyway im glad at least they are trying to fix things, i love evil dead, i wanted this figure to be amazing.
So no, i dont think this threat is "toxic", whats toxic is calling people haters for pointing the evidence

If you believe earth is flat, i post a pic of earth, and you tell me that well, is not that round, im gonna believe you are from the flat earth society.
Most of us talk about the luxury edition, with the huge amount of evidence, videos, pics.. theres no way something objective say its not that bad, for me if you say that luxury edition is fine you are a asmus fanboy with no criterium.
Dont get me wrong, i agree with you in part, but i just dont like a company that lie to me.
And asmus stopped posting after the "henrietta production piece" from asmus while all the ones from collectors were bald and unpainted.
Anyway im glad at least they are trying to fix things, i love evil dead, i wanted this figure to be amazing.
So no, i dont think this threat is "toxic", whats toxic is calling people haters for pointing the evidence
It's not the pointing out issues. It's the broken record that keeps getting repeated.

It's not the pointing out issues. It's the broken record that keeps getting repeated.
Yep thats true, but theres many people dissapointed and angry.
At least we are getting a decent henrietta, nameplate and may be new pants.

Based on this comparison image. Top from collector final product to the bottom posted on Asmus Facebook as the claimed fix. I can live with the bottom. It does appear there has some added paint "detail" (I use that term lightly)the eyes and mouth look better and the obvious inclusion of hair. It's not just a plain paint app and bald. I'll make the final decision if it needs anything extra once I get it in hand. (My tracking finally updated).
20220121_071443.jpg

This is an example of the strawman argument that I mentioned. Where are these posters that say this release is not that bad which you feel compelled to reply to? Maybe 1 out of the last 100, if even?
And for the sake of argument, even if somebody says that, why is that person automatically an Asmus fanboy? Maybe they are an Evil Dead fanboy? Maybe they have a lower quality standard? Maybe they are rich and were planning on getting it customized anyway? Labeling others as "Asmus fanboys" is no better than others labelling you a "hater". It makes assumptions about people's believes behind their actions without knowing enough. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Again, that's not why others call you haters. They don't want you to not point out the evidence, it's just that the evidence has already been pointed out 20 times and you're not adding anything new. It's not the objective evidence (if there is such as thing, but I digress) you are pointing out that's the problem, it's your behavior and the way you do it that bothers people.

Exactly.

Can you imagine you go to an really fancy restaurant. Really expensive place with your friends. And during the meal the restaurant/cook/waiter what have you messes up half your guys orders. They apologize half ass like but agree to give you a refund. But People of the group are pissed that they had a terrible meal.
Then a week goes by and those people still haven't stopped complaining about that terrible meal. Even going as far to call other people that eat at that restaurant fanboys! And apologists and suckers because they didn't like what they were served when they ordered. And calling the BBB to try and get them shut down.

How many of those friends would still sit and chill with those individuals that just keep regurgitating their spite for this restaurant day in and day out?

Is the legitimate complaints? Absolutely. Does Asmus deserve to learn from this debacle? Absolutely. Are other collectors getting annoyed hearing about the same complaints over and over again? Absolutely.

I'd like to know the opinions of those who have no interest in this (ie, neutral)-- Do you think the figure looks good? By all means quote me because I'd love to hear them.

I've shown some pics to non-collecting friends just to hear what they think and 9/10 people said it looks like a toy, whereas I've shown Asmus's Devil May Cry 5 Dante and they were blown away. I've also shown it to 1/6 collectors who have no idea what Evil Dead is and some think it's look decent.

If Asmus managed to repaint 700 Henrietta's in a week in their office to such a high standard, call me suitably impressed! Here's hoping they haven't simply painted over the actual photos to make it appear so, or even lined up a row of old prototypes for the image...

Apart from the harsh neckline, everything else (blood detail, eye detail, overall body paint finish and value/hue contrasts all seem like massive upgrades from what was shown days ago.

And I agree. There's a LOT of broken record going on in here. I'm no fan of this release, but I'm not going to be made out to be an Asmus loyalist, fool or blind supporter just because I said the one Devil May Cry figure I have is good and I like their Yakuza figures. I'm giving them credit where it's due. I also think people have every right to keep the figure order if they want. I'm looking forward to seeing the edits and customization they'll be doing with this release.

Last edited:
If Asmus managed to repaint 700 Henrietta's in a week in their office to such a high standard, call me suitably impressed! Here's hoping they haven't simply painted the actual photos to make it appear so, or even lined up a row of old prototypes for the image...

Apart from the harsh neckline, everything else (blood detail, eye detail, overall body paint finish and value/hue contrasts all seem like massive upgrades from what was shown days ago.

And I agree. There's a LOT of broken record going on in here. I'm no fan of this release, but I'm not going to be made out to be an Asmus loyalist, fool or blind supporter just because I said the one Devil May Cry figure I have is good and I like their Yakuza figures. I'm giving them credit where it's due.
Production could have been changed middle of production, but they didn't have time to "correct" the first batch. With the edition size no longer 666, we have no idea how many of these were being made. Or how many batches. And now we can't take Asmus word worth anything so who knows.

I have some dmc figures from asmus and some in preorder and im totally happy with them (as i said before).
Anyway, at this point, just post pics/videos of the new "set" when they arrive, i still dont know if im gonna keep it or not, i like the base and some accesories

I have some dmc figures from asmus and some in preorder and im totally happy with them (as i said before).
Anyway, at this point, just post pics/videos of the new "set" when they arrive, i still dont know if im gonna keep it or not, i like the base and some accesories
So you haven’t canceled your order of the luxury set?

Back