Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics of henrietta, seeing as I forgot yesterday.

Prepare yourselves...

Attachments

• 20220120_093757.jpg
    20220120_093757.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220120_093805.jpg
    20220120_093805.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220120_093824.jpg
    20220120_093824.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 20220120_093834.jpg
    20220120_093834.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 123
  • 20220120_093847.jpg
    20220120_093847.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 141
  • 20220120_093910.jpg
    20220120_093910.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 20220120_093934.jpg
    20220120_093934.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220120_093943.jpg
    20220120_093943.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 125
Oh boy..this paint job is a lot worse than I thought it was...
It's genuinely like they forgot about it and rushed it last minute, not even just with the paint job.. but with the whole thing.
There's so many bits carved out of it.

It's genuinely like they forgot about it and rushed it last minute, not even just with the paint job.. but with the whole thing.
There's so many bits carved out of it.
yeah the skin paint looks like something that was done in a high school art class...underwhelming would be an understatement.

Yeah I cancelled seems Asmus can't switch out my invoice to standard. But even so I can't for the life of me find a reason to keep this and I actually don't want to put money into fixing this so yeah.

That pretty much confirms (what Asmus refused to admit) is the one with hair they showed as production was in fact the prototype. I honestly don't think I have seen a company be that shady before as far as representing the prototype as production. Good grief.

That pretty much confirms (what Asmus refused to admit) is the one with hair they showed as production was in fact the prototype. I honestly don't think I have seen a company be that shady before as far as representing the prototype as production. Good grief.
Yes, good grief indeed.
Their shady and unethical conduct is now revealed to the public, and now I really hope they will clean their act and straighten up.

And that pics of actual product Henrietta is brutal.. it's like they didn't apply any paintjob at all. :(
However, to anyone who's good at painting, it's like a DIY blank canvas, no need to remove any paint.

For me, the Henrietta situation is the worst part of this release in terms of how the business conducted themselves and treated their customers. It was the point at which they branded us idiots.

They realized that every mass produced Henrietta had no hair and wanted to cover up the mistake instead of owning up to it, so they made the decision to show the prototype because they believed their customers to be TOO STUPID to notice the glaring downgrade in the paint finish, hue and shading application of the mass produced figure images. It's hard to respect them as a business if they show zero respect for the sense of their customers.

When this first went up for pre-order, the Deadite head and Henrietta massively sold me on the luxury set. The desaturated, dry looking matte finish of varying shades on Henrietta contrasted so well with her glossy eyes and mouth. Now it looks like the entire bust has a glossy, plastic toy finish. I'm sure people will have no trouble repainting her, but they shouldn't have to.

For me, the Henrietta situation is the worst part of this release in terms of how the business conducted themselves and treated their customers. It was the point at which they branded us idiots.

They realized that every mass produced Henrietta had no hair and wanted to cover up the mistake instead of owning up to it, so they made the decision to show the prototype because they believed their customers to be TOO STUPID to notice the glaring downgrade in the paint finish, hue and shading application of the mass produced figure images. It's hard to respect them as a business if they show zero respect for the sense of their customers.

When this first went up for pre-order, the Deadite head and Henrietta massively sold me on the luxury set. The desaturated, dry looking matte finish of varying shades on Henrietta contrasted so well with her glossy eyes and mouth. Now it looks like the entire bust has a glossy, plastic toy finish. I'm sure people will have no trouble repainting her, but they shouldn't have to.
I truly agree.

The only way for asmus to get out of this mess is to be honest, admit the lies and mistakes, and give option to the customers for a full refund including the deposit fee.

@Asmus have been shady for years. And now it's time to stop.
I truly hope asmus can learn from all this.. For future releases, make sure there will be no shady moves, no deceit, and be as ethical as they should be.. and then we all can enjoy great products from them. :)

As much as batsheva hopes the brand will improve from this debacle, let's be honest.

They will not. Their past debacles prove it. As a member stated, they believe their customers are too stupid to notice.

Add to the fact their support from collectors of the LOTR, DMC, etc. even with ongoing mediocre product design and quality, they have no real incentive to improve unless real ramifications occur where it personally and professionally affects those responsible at the brand.

It's likely and obvious that's not going to happen.

Yes. We can continue to be critical by being a thorn on their side, but they've gotten used to it. We can continue to show proof of how they're ignoring and being oblivious to collectors, producing inferior quality products, and still being rewarded for them.

Last edited:
As much as batsheva hopes the brand will improve from this debacle, let's be honest.

They will not. Their past debacles prove it. As a member stated, they believe their customers are too stupid to notice.

Add to the fact their support from collectors of the LOTR, DMC, etc. even with ongoing mediocre product design and quality, they have no real incentive to unless real ramifications occur to where it personally and professionally affects those responsible at the brand.

It's likely and obvious that's not going to happen.

Yes. We can continue to be critical in being a thorn on their side, but they've gotten used to it. We can continue to show the proof of how they're ignoring and oblivious to collectors along with producing inferior quality products and still being rewarded for them.

View attachment 557166
You've actually voiced my pessimistic side, Delta.
Of course it's on my mind as well..

Especially being a member who noticed asmus' shady behavior for years. A loyalist even called me "bad mouthing asmus for years", well, they have been shady since 2016 and I am trying to tell the truth.
And now the truth is out there, loud and clear.

But even then, I still hope after this epic failure, they will change their conduct. It is true that they never tried to change through all these years, but they never have this huge epic incident before.

This is a huge slap for them, I hope. Huge enough that they will change. That they will finally be a respectable company.

Just a wishful thinking of course. Call me stupid for wishing such thing. And the loyalists called me an asmus hater, hahaha.

Pics of henrietta, seeing as I forgot yesterday.

Prepare yourselves...
That paint job is far worse than even I expected. It doesnt even live up to fish tank quality items. Being a sculptor among other things, now that I can truly see the sculpt, it's pretty horrendous itself. Respect to whoever painted the prototype because they salvaged this whole thing.

That paint job is far worse than even I expected. It doesnt even live up to fish tank quality items. Being a sculptor among other things, now that I can truly see the sculpt, it's pretty horrendous itself. Respect to whoever painted the prototype because they salvaged this whole thing.
--

Proof positive a horrendous sculpt can be salvaged with a superb paint application.

If the painter of the prototype offers private painting commissions, it's safe to say the painter's commission schedule is going to fill up very quickly.

Last edited:
Indeed. Initially I thought it was a decent sculpt with missing paint apps, but this sculpt is rough as hell! Looks as though they weren't finished with it before they just said screw it, and made a mold of the unfinished bust. It's going to require more than a simple repaint. Sanding, filling, the works! Yeesh...

Yeah I cancelled seems Asmus can't switch out my invoice to standard. But even so I can't for the life of me find a reason to keep this and I actually don't want to put money into fixing this so yeah.
Oh did they tell you that? I got an email last week saying they were forwarded my request to the finance dept, but I haven't heard anything since.

With everyone else on Earth canceling right now, you'd think they'd be happy to sell us any Ash figure at all. Lol

Oh did they tell you that? I got an email last week saying they were forwarded my request to the finance dept, but I haven't heard anything since.

With everyone else on Earth canceling right now, you'd think they'd be happy to sell us any Ash figure at all. Lol
--

Let's see.

1. Going silent, not responding to customer e-mails, cancellation requests, and supposedly not responding to PayPal dispute claims.

2. Telling a customer (or customers) to wait a week (or so) for more reviews without addressing the customer's request to cancel.

3. Forwarding a customer's cancellation request to their "finance department" and no reply after a week.

4. Unable to switch the invoice/order from the luxury edition to a standard edition.

How much more "shady" can this get? Shadier than the real Slim Shady?

Let me guess, there will be those who chimed in somewhere within this discussion thread that the brand have every right to disregard such requests?

I'd be very interested in reading the justification of such.

Asides from the brand experiencing real hard ramifications, I do hope those who knowingly and willingly supported the brand within this thread in light of the shadiness will be viewed with diminished credibility and respect. Perhaps, they too are the ones who need be "canceled" along with the brand in using an euphemism that is popular in today's culture.

If the preceding comes off very critical, it's meant to be (for clarity and transparency).

If any within this thread spoke with Sideshow when canceling their pre-order with them, what was Sideshow's response given the circumstances of this debacle?

Are they viewing this as business as usual or are they even remotely concerned as a distributor/vendor about the brand's business ethics (lack of) among other things?

No. I am not attempting to place any blame/responsibility on Sideshow. Not in the least. Just curious if they have a formal position/view on the matter asides from the known customer service protocols many of us are familiar with.

Last edited:
Back