Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes , the colour and the hair style on her forehead, nothing to do with the look in the movie.

View attachment 556925View attachment 556926

We could also talk about:

-the dirt paint on the hands
-Someone talked about chainsaw blade and shotgun too short?
-Boots not weathered
-Normal shirt was weathered with the belt straps on, so you have an X drawn when not wearing it.
The only leather parts of Ash's harness should be a single strap in the front, and the holster in the back. The other straps are made of webbing, which SS did correctly. Asmus made the whole thing leather, which is incorrect, but to be fair, most people make that exact same mistake.

--

Thank you for doing the legwork on this.

Two trains of thought on this.

1. We now know, but how many are that inclined and truly "upset" to pursue this further by letting the IP holder(s) know how badly the brand screwed up the license?

2. How many of the defenders/loyalists of the brand with a dissenting view will judge those who decide to further escalate the issue to embarrass/shame the brand as a **** move and post snarky comments and imply such doing so need to be banned from the group, stigmatized, called out, etc.?
Well you’re literally “telling” on someone so consider yourself judged. Don’t you fret none though. In the 20 years we’ve been posting in the same forums this is hardly the first time i’ve judged you.

If yours hasn't shipped you should try and get a refund, there is too much wrong with this figure and too much modding and money to be spent on it to make it worth keeping.
Can't you let somebody have their own opinions? It's up to the customer if they think it's good enough to still buy, your opinion is redundant.

If yours hasn't shipped you should try and get a refund, there is too much wrong with this figure and too much modding and money to be spent on it to make it worth keeping.
--

Unless one is a customizer with all of the required skills from casting, painting, sculpting, sewing, etc. to fix every single flaw to one's satisfaction and still say spending $350.00 USD is well worth it and they approve and defend what the brand produced as is regardless of criticisms from those who don't have customization skills.

Can't you let somebody have their own opinions? It's up to the customer if they think it's good enough to still buy, your opinion is redundant.
Theres plenty of pics and problems in this threat that demonstrate this set is not worth it and needs a huge ton of fixing and custom work.
Theres plenty of shadow moves and lies from asmus here to lose any suport from costumers in this set.
Sure, you can love asmus to the point you dont care, or love evil dead to the point of paying 350 for an unfinished figure with some innacurate accesories and a good looking base its fine for you.
I totally respect if you decide to get the figure, but please, we all know its not good enought for 350, theres plenty of objective evidence here.
Said that, supporting this set forn me is rewarding a company that releases unfinished figures with 0 control of quality and ton of bad production choices to cut corners

Last edited:
Let's be honest here, we all use the opnions of others to formulate our own. Especially on something so hotly debated. If you think otherwise you're just fooling yourselves. Let people have an opinion and let others decide from what they see.

Let's be honest here, we all use the opnions of others to formulate our own. Especially on something so hotly debated. If you think otherwise you're just fooling yourselves. Let people have an opinion and let others decide from what they see.
Not only does your post contradict itself but the last couple pages of this thread proves your first sentence wrong.

What do I see in this thread? Everyone to a degree believes Asmus screwed the pooch on this release. Haven’t seen anyone yet saying this is an awesome release. What I do see are certain members saying they want to wait and see more pictures. Others are saying that they are going to keep it and do the best with it they can. And then we have members bullying others because they have the audacity to go against group think and do their own thing.

Last edited:
They are just as guilty. Be it opinionated against someone, of the opinion they just like asmus, opinionated they hate asmus, etc. They all got it from somewhere and it was likely reading other peoples opinions. Hell, you're mostly in here because you disagree with Batsheva and you formulated your opinion from seeing theirs elsewhere on this site. So try again. lmao

Can't you let somebody have their own opinions? It's up to the customer if they think it's good enough
Oh the irony of your comment ! You are sharing your opinion about my opinion, I would say that's pretty much redundant lol

Wow, even Ash is trying to keep that cellar door firmly closed on that awful Henrietta, haha.

Asmus finally responded to my firm request of cancellation and deposit refund:

'May be you could wait for another week or two for some in depth review before you decide to cancel?'

I have replied and stated that there are more than enough images online to show that the product does not meet expectations.

I appreciate that they are under pressure, but I'd rather they simply honour my cancellation request and refund my deposit, rather than try to convince me that this is going to suddenly appear better to me in a video review.
I sent Asmus a cancellation request two days ago, and today I received the same "oh just wait a week and it will be better" spiel. So instead of disappointed, now I'm angry. Not smart, Asmus.

Really getting tired of coming to check for new pics/videos and ideas about how to customize the figure only to find more of the same stuff. This thread has more pages than the Show us some Ash thread (a thread that is 10 years old) and its 75% bickering back and forth. Enough already. If you don't want the figure, is there really any reason to continue posting in this thread? Nothing you say in here is going to bring Asmus Toys down to their knees. Nothing you say in here is going to change the way they do business. So why are you continuing on with it?

Unless I missed it and likely I have, I wasn't aware the brand is responding to cancellation requests by being evasive asking customers to wait longer without acknowledging the customer's request to cancel in terms of mitigating their losses.

Truly shady and unethical.

Oh, wait.

Are there those who advocate that the brand have every legitimate right to be evasive and ignore a customer's cancellation request by telling the customer to wait longer?

Is that type of customer service justified?

What's next? Demanding no one further comment because they already commented?

Unless I missed it and likely I have, I wasn't aware the brand is responding to cancellation requests by being evasive asking customers to wait longer without acknowledging the customer's request to cancel in terms of mitigating their losses.

Truly shady and unethical.

Oh, wait.

Are there those who advocate that the brand have every legitimate right to be evasive and ignore a customer's cancellation request by telling the customer to wait longer?

Is that type of customer service justified?

What's next? Demanding no one further comment because they already commented?
Watch out, Delta..
I got stalked/targeted by the loyalists just because I said those words.. I know you're just stating the fact, but don't say I didn't warn ya! 😅

I've got no skin in the game now past watching people blindly follow this figure and accept the 350 dollar boning they'll be getting.
--

1. I (personally) don't see the sense of finding any enjoyment in spending $350.00 for it, but those who are willingly paying it while knowing full well of what they're getting (or not getting) and they're perfectly fine with it . . . it's on them. It doesn't mean I agree or empathize with what I view as a poor decision and only rewarding the brand for a poor quality product that ruins it for collectors in general.

2. For those who have the customization experience and skill salvage it in varying degrees, then more power to them. Some of them chimed in and we know their perspective. So be it.

3. For those on the fence and supposedly are holding onto some vague hope it'll be better, there are those who feel so strongly that it's a lost cause and don't want to see fellow collectors get screwed over thus the advocacy/recommendation of cancelling and not lose out on hard earned $.

4. For those who still want to get it for whatever reasons and accept it as is without any means to fix/salvage it, then it's on you. Some of you may want to still advocate for it, but there will be those against it and that is a debate that will continue not only with this release, but future ones from the brand or any brand.

5. It's obvious some have taken it to a personal level for whatever past or present disagreements/dislikes of certain members.

Really getting tired of coming to check for new pics/videos and ideas about how to customize the figure only to find more of the same stuff. This thread has more pages than the Show us some Ash thread (a thread that is 10 years old) and its 75% bickering back and forth. Enough already. If you don't want the figure, is there really any reason to continue posting in this thread? Nothing you say in here is going to bring Asmus Toys down to their knees. Nothing you say in here is going to change the way they do business. So why are you continuing on with it?
I'll be posting stuff once I get my set. Feel free to follow me on Instagram too for more pics/etc 😀 I promise you won't be seeing a bunch of redundancy. Oh and I won't tell you what to do or not do with your monies 😉
www.instagram.com/cellar_toys

Back