Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some more pics..

I can't stress enough how bad the arms are.

This is also as much as I can get the pants closed, there is zero give, they're not gonna get any more closed than that.

The deadite head does also come with a useless connector inside it, as someone else posted, which is gonna have to come out in order to fit the body.
Is the tail/blade section of the dagger attached on twisted? Mine is - I can't quite see how it should look from ref pics...

I wouldn't say he was so much cockeyed.. More that one eye is looking forward and the other is looking up 😂

How on earth did they screw that up? I mean, there's no way they didn't notice the eyes were mis-aligned when packing these up. They really didn't give a crap did they? ☹️

Last edited:
has anyone considered putting a m36 phicen body to replace this figure's body? i think it'd look good with some weathering but im unsure how people weather or paint a seamless body like that
M36? Most likely not, that's the basketball player body. Intended for Enterbay basketball figure. Unless you're trying to make Ash towers over another figure in your collection.

This figure is a perfect example of why the best collectibles take a lot of time in the production phase. A lot of people were very excited that this was going to be released so soon after pre-order, but I'm sure veteran collectors knew better.

It really does pay to wait, even if it can be frustrating. It's much better to wait and have something nice in hand, than receive something quickly and be disappointed at what it could have potentially been with more time, effort and QC. As mentioned before, I have a 1/6 figure from Asmus (V from Devil May Cry) and it's as if a completely different company made him. If only the time and care put into the DMC series could have been put into this horror icon.

So, it looks like "Creative Licensing Corporation' (CLC) act on behalf of Studio Canal, when it comes to licensed merch for Evil Dead 2.

I can't say for certain whether they were responsible for selling this license to Asmus Toys, but please feel free to reach out to them as I have.

I'm sure the license agreement between the licensor & Asmus contains language regarding the final quality and integrity of the merchandise being produced, which represents the IP CLC represent, and I believe the deficiencies here are significant enough to warrant escalating the issue to the licensor, as Asmus Toys has chosen to refrain from addressing these concerns raised by the consumer, and is not responding to emails or other messages.

https://creativelicensingcorporation.com/#contact
If Asmus had secured any sort of exclusive license for 1/6 scale figures, that would be worrisome. This debacle could be considered a breach of their agreement with the licensor, and the licensor should be made aware, as Asmus has gone completely silent on the issue.

Last edited:
So, it looks like "Creative Licensing Corporation' (CLC) act on behalf of Studio Canal, when it comes to licensed merch for Evil Dead 2.

I can't say for certain whether they were responsible for selling this license to Asmus Toys, but please feel free to reach out to them as I have.

I'm sure the license agreement between the licensor & Asmus contains language regarding the final quality and integrity of the merchandise being produced, which represents the IP CLC represent, and I believe the deficiencies here are significant enough to warrant escalating the issue to the licensor, as Asmus Toys has chosen to refrain from addressing these concerns raised by the consumer, and is not responding to emails or other messages.

https://creativelicensingcorporation.com/#contact
If Asmus had secured any sort of exclusive license for 1/6 scale figures, that would be worrisome. This debacle could be considered a breach of their agreement with the licensor, and the licensor should be made aware, as Asmus has gone completely silent on the issue.
--

Thank you for doing the legwork on this.

Two trains of thought on this.

1. We now know, but how many are that inclined and truly "upset" to pursue this further by letting the IP holder(s) know how badly the brand screwed up the license?

2. How many of the defenders/loyalists of the brand with a dissenting view will judge those who decide to further escalate the issue to embarrass/shame the brand as a **** move and post snarky comments and imply such doing so need to be banned from the group, stigmatized, called out, etc.?

Ohh man. The more I see the pics the more I see them cutting corners.

lets review the cons:

-Trousers do not close due to the prototype body change to another with a widder waist
-Willams in box and stand
-No match between head color and body
-Head and severed hand poorly painted
-Eyes badly aligned
-EX - Body with no paint on nipples or scars
-EX - Henrietta has no hair and badly painted
-EX -Seamless arms are bad.
-EX -Wrong connector in deadite head

lets review the cons:

-Trousers do not close due to the prototype body change to another with a widder waist
-Eyes badly aligned
--

You left out the pros.

Oh, wait.

;) :p

lets review the cons:

-Eyes badly aligned
I remember someone here mentioned about the Linda head's hair being too light..

--

I wonder if some would consider that as being overly too critical and nitpicky considering how there is a forced demand to "respect" the views of rewarding poor design and quality.

Of course, I digress.

--

I wonder if some would consider that as being overly too critical and nitpicky considering how there is a forced demand to "respect" the views of rewarding poor design and quality.

Of course, I digress.
Again, it's not my personal opinion, it's something that a member here mentioned previously.
Maybe it can complete the list, but if that detail is considered unimportant, then by all means, leave it out :)

Again, it's not my personal opinion, it's something that a member here mentioned previously.
Maybe it can complete the list, but if that detail is considered unimportant, then by all means, leave it out :)
--

Thank goodness personal opinions are still allowed in a discussion thread such as this without any hard feelings or recriminations right?

;)

The truth (of in hand pictures) shall set ye free.

yes , the colour and the hair style on her forehead, nothing to do with the look in the movie.

linda head.png
156f8cd5b47fbf8514c227935bada93f.jpg

We could also talk about:

-the dirt paint on the hands
-Someone talked about chainsaw blade and shotgun too short?
-Boots not weathered
-Normal shirt was weathered with the belt straps on, so you have an X drawn when not wearing it.

I'm guessing that a large majority of buyers probably don't follow collector pages on social media. I'm sure a lot of people will receive this and not even notice the difference. They'll excitedly open it and add it to their huge collection of figures, where it will barely be looked at. They won't see other people's comments of discontent, so they won't be influenced or swayed by any negative views. (I've been collecting for years, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of my earlier collectibles were probably not even close to their prototypes, but I likely didn't notice or care at all at the time because I was too excited to have statues based on my favourite characters) I've seen more than enough user comments on Asmus' various social pages saying 'Awesome, can't wait to get this!' So even people who are seeing the photos don't care or notice the quality difference.

The people willing to escalate are likely the smaller selection who really care about the details and quality. The people in this forum thread who are sharing pictures, sharing opinions or being influenced enough by other people's opinions and photos to cancel their own orders. I'd love to think that the IP owners care enough about this to confront Asmus, but based on a lot of other awful Evil Dead merchandise, I'd not be surprised if they don't care at all.

--

Thank goodness personal opinions are still allowed in a discussion thread such as this without any hard feelings or recriminations right?

;)

The truth (of in hand pictures) shall set ye free.
Touche :)

yes , the colour and the hair style on her forehead, nothing to do with the look in the movie.

View attachment 556925View attachment 556926

We could also talk about:

-the dirt paint on the hands
-Someone talked about chainsaw blade and shotgun too short?
-Boots not weathered
-Normal shirt was weathered with the belt straps on, so you have an X drawn when not wearing it.
Yes, also the bang style. I would be irritated if I ordered and got that as I really want my movie figures to be screen accurate.

Here's some more pics..

I can't stress enough how bad the arms are.

This is also as much as I can get the pants closed, there is zero give, they're not gonna get any more closed than that.

The deadite head does also come with a useless connector inside it, as someone else posted, which is gonna have to come out in order to fit the body.
Ugh, suppose if all else fails I could remove the black velcro and stitch the pants closed. Assuming I can't either find a slimmer body or a better pair of brown pants.

This thing is just going to need a ton of work in order to look decent.

Back