Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, looking at the comparisons, I don't like the Sideshow Ash at all. Looks way more like a caricature than the Asmus. I feel like maybe something good could come out of this when the customizers work their magic and blend the two together.

That said, Sideshow just refunded me my deposit and down payments for Ash, which I am very happy about. Feels like I dodged a bullet lol.

I don't know what it is about the Evil Dead franchise and weird merch disasters - I type this as I slowly look at my Anchor Bay Necronomicon falling apart

Honestly, looking at the comparisons, I don't like the Sideshow Ash at all. Looks way more like a caricature than the Asmus. I feel like maybe something good could come out of this when the customizers work their magic and blend the two together.

That said, Sideshow just refunded me my deposit and down payments for Ash, which I am very happy about. Feels like I dodged a bullet lol.

I don't know what it is about the Evil Dead franchise and weird merch disasters - I type this as I slowly look at my Anchor Bay Necronomicon falling apart

You can probably add your trickrtreat studios Necronomicon to that as well. If you have it. I moved mine into a detolf the other day and noticed a good bit of paint rub on the corners even though it's been handled only twice.

You can probably add your trickrtreat studios Necronomicon to that as well. If you have it. I moved mine into a detolf the other day and noticed a good bit of paint rub on the corners even though it's been handled only twice.
I don't own anything from ToTS yet. Was looking at their Michael figures, but I see *so many* things that people feel like they need to mod about them, it overwhelms me a little.

While we were writing this, probably somebody's NECA Evil Dead figure broke from looking at it weird.

At this rate I might just stick to HT Star Wars and keep them stock. I might be on the wrong forum to say this, but as a whole 1/6 collecting seems to be much more hassle and disappointment than collecting 3 3/4 figures like I have ever since I was a kid. Guess it boils down to different standards and different price points.

I don't know what it is about the Evil Dead franchise and weird merch disasters
I own almost no merchandise for that reason, but I do have this and absolutely love it, lol.

PXL_20220118_173419386.PORTRAIT.jpg

I own almost no merchandise for that reason, but I do have this and absolutely love it, lol.

View attachment 556746
I regret missing out on that. He goes for some coin now.

I don't own anything from ToTS yet. Was looking at their Michael figures, but I see *so many* things that people feel like they need to mod about them, it overwhelms me a little.

While we were writing this, probably somebody's NECA Evil Dead figure broke from looking at it weird.

At this rate I might just stick to HT Star Wars and keep them stock. I might be on the wrong forum to say this, but as a whole 1/6 collecting seems to be much more hassle and disappointment than collecting 3 3/4 figures like I have ever since I was a kid. Guess it boils down to different standards and different price points.
Dude, I've nearly eliminated all my 1/6th because of it. That and its just too damned costly anymore. Instead I returned to neca and a few others. Neca figures arent thaaat bad anymore. I swear half their QC issues always came from fine fellows manhandling the figures. I have around seventy currently and only one has ever broke on me and that was because my goofy ass just kept forcing the arm to move when I should have done a little heat and pop.

I got screwed over by the kickstarter space goat productions did a few years back. Over $300 gone. It looks like the fans got screwed again. Another meaning to screw head.

Save what? The only major problem i have is with Henrietta. The rest looks good. As good as the SSC
PCIMG_2022-01-18_19-00-50.JPG

If you read this post theres plenty of other things that look horrible and not even close to the prototype, sorry, but any of this look "good", the body is different and unpainted, the arms are different and horrible, the deadite is horrible and the neck join is wrong, headsculpt is also different, and henrietta is a mess, and not the hair alone, the paintjob is lazy and bad...
Dont tell me this looks "good", you like it? Good for you, but no, this its not good

Last edited:
SS seems to have moved my last payment for Asmus Ash to Feb 15th, which gives me more time to decide before anything is shipped. Hoping for some decent unboxing videos in the interim, and to see if any customizers see this as salvageable. I'm also keen on seeing what they do about the Henrietta error. Haven't yet seen a single photo of one of those busts sporting any hair.

Neca figures arent thaaat bad anymore. I swear half their QC issues always came from fine fellows manhandling the figures. I have around seventy currently and only one has ever broke on me and that was because my goofy ass just kept forcing the arm to move when I should have done a little heat and pop.
Agreed brother.

The only decent likeness that I currently have is the prime 1 1/3 statue and that Henrietta steaks the show it’s amazing I have the sideshow one and line it but it is a stylized version of Bruce big fan of this movie I’m bummed about the release and canceled but I’m hoping another company will pick up this license and crush all the competition or lack there of to be honest prime 1 is far from perfect but looks light years better than this junk
05811317-2964-4B33-B1C7-4213DB037F90.jpeg
1A90D49D-437A-4D67-ADBD-261D73BCBFBB.jpeg
EB376DF5-2898-4BBB-A517-D58CD784970C.jpeg
7A0159B2-E87E-4DD5-B553-CECA9C58085D.jpeg

SS seems to have moved my last payment for Asmus Ash to Feb 15th, which gives me more time to decide before anything is shipped. Hoping for some decent unboxing videos in the interim, and to see if any customizers see this as salvageable. I'm also keen on seeing what they do about the Henrietta error. Haven't yet seen a single photo of one of those busts sporting any hair.
You could always just get yours in hand and see how you feel. That’s what I’m doing personally. It’s not like you’d have to pay to send it back to SS and you’d still get a full refund. I’m assuming Sideshow is delaying their shipments until they receive the new Henrietta busts since according to their statement they had already sent Sideshows allotment and it was too late to go through them and “check” the Henrietta’s for hair. So I’m only assuming, since SS hasn’t made a statement yet, that they’ll wait until they get the new busts so they can ship them together.

Justin a proper review 🤣🤣 You must be joking right?

He doesn't review figures, he sells them on behalf of Toys wonderland and Comic Sanctorum. He never criticizes figures otherwise people won't buy them and it will affect his sales in the description affiliate link.

Just look at Justin as something similar to QVC the shopping channel!
I don't give a rat ass about his opinion or he represents what store... what i'm looking for is a proper hd video and clarity on the figure with good lighting and we haven't got one so far.

View attachment 556711
Yep, curious about how this looks under "right light" and no "lense distorsion"... Cmon man.
Theres already you tube videos, this figure is a mess, not even justin optimism can save this
I don't buy the luxury so it's not my concern. and who the hell knows that if (that's an if) this dude got a bad peg or whatnot?

I think that's just the lighting in the photo. The shirt on SS Ash is far more accurate. The collar is proportionate, better fraying of the fabric, and tailoring overall on SS Ash are all quite good. SS even got the harness correct. Only one strap is supposed to be leather, and the rest is webbing, and SS actually paid attention to this. The quality of the clothing on Asmus Ash look like something you'd find on a 1/6 figure from 15-20 years ago.

SS has a great head sculpt and likeness to BC, while Asmus is a bit more stylized in appearance. Neither figure has captured the eyes correctly though. SS Ash's irises are too large, and Asmus Ash is cockeyed from the close-ups I've seen so far.

View attachment 556718
never sit on the SS Ash likeness this one is more a caricature than Asmus, somebody post before the comparison of a specific Ash expression in ED and Asmus got it right sans the more thick hair ala Army of Darkness.

And SS proportion for the head is too big for the body.

The SS shirt is too clean btw, i like the dirty and muddy that Asmus did on his shirt and hands.

View attachment 556747

If you read this post theres plenty of other things that look horrible and not even close to the prototype, sorry, but any of this look "good", the body is different and unpainted, the arms are different and horrible, the deadite is horrible and the neck join is wrong, headsculpt is also different, and henrietta is a mess, and not the hair alone, the paintjob is lazy and bad...
Dont tell me this looks "good", you like it? Good for you, but no, this its not good
By body being unpainted you mean the nipples, which i'm used to as Threezero Rambo was the same. I'm gonna paint the blood myself, easily done even for me. The seamless arms i won't bend too much as i never do, so they will look fine too. The deadite Ash head is good, and i'll just take the neck joint off and rest it on some blue tack on the neck. Henrietta i agree with, but the other problems are minor in terms of easily fixable. I can say it looks good to whoever i damn well like. Is it way overpriced? Yeah. The luxury should be the same price as a normal hot toys figure. But it certainly doesn't look like crap like everyone is making out, and will still make a cool display.

I just canceled my luxury set with sideshow. It’s unfortunate to have done so but having sideshows Ash made the decision a lot easier. I also have Asmus’ Ace Ventura on pre order. I may go ahead and cancel him as well. I am not a big comic book or Star Wars guy so this release was right up my alley. I hope all that kept it are happy with their decisions.

Back