Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember there was a time where threads about unlicensed or third party figures were frowned upon and either deleted or closed, which is why generally you'd continue a conversation in a related licensed thread. Lol

Anyways, I don't know if the user is here but this was in one of the FB groups and is about the only decent shot I've seen.
They look about the same in quality for the most part imo.

If Sideshow were smart they would reissue their Ash figure since there's now a ton of people on the lookout for one.

(And yes I realize they probably no longer have the license).
I always wondered how that works with them. They constantly keep producing their Star Wars 1/6 figures over and over (obviously I know they still hold the license for that), but I’m curious why the keep producing some of their 1/6 but not others. I don’t pretend to know how licensing works, but would there logistically be a way for SS to re-release Ash if they wanted? Say they didn’t change anything and did a straight re-release. That figure was already approved for sale so one would think they could produce more to sell.

But that’s obviously not how it works, I know. Im just thinking sneaky-like since Sideshow always pulls out their “back from the dead” or “second chance” items. They should produce some more and just say “oh hey, we found a couple of pallets in the back of the warehouse” 🤣 I’d love it if Hot Toys picked it up… my goodness… I could only imagine Hot Toys Ash Williams DX sitting in my display right now with so many accessories and backdrops I wouldn’t know what to do with them all. Ahem… back to reality… and hairless Henrietta.

I always wondered how that works with them. They constantly keep producing their Star Wars 1/6 figures over and over (obviously I know they still hold the license for that), but I’m curious why the keep producing some of their 1/6 but not others. I don’t pretend to know how licensing works, but would there logistically be a way for SS to re-release Ash if they wanted? Say they didn’t change anything and did a straight re-release. That figure was already approved for sale so one would think they could produce more to sell.

But that’s obviously not how it works, I know. Im just thinking sneaky-like since Sideshow always pulls out their “back from the dead” or “second chance” items. They should produce some more and just say “oh hey, we found a couple of pallets in the back of the warehouse” 🤣 I’d love it if Hot Toys picked it up… my goodness… I could only imagine Hot Toys Ash Williams DX sitting in my display right now with so many accessories and backdrops I wouldn’t know what to do with them all. Ahem… back to reality… and hairless Henrietta.
Or maybe Blitzway?
I love what they did with Ghostbusters and Hannibal Lecter. And they are known for picking iconic movie licenses, while Hot Toys is mostly picking the recent hype movies.
But I won't mind a HT Ash, of course.

I remember there was a time where threads about unlicensed or third party figures were frowned upon and either deleted or closed, which is why generally you'd continue a conversation in a related licensed thread. Lol

Anyways, I don't know if the user is here but this was in one of the FB groups and is about the only decent shot I've seen.
despite the hairless Henrietta issues, I still think overall based on this picture alone, Asmus one is more accurate Ash than SS. The right blue tone of the shirt, (they both have the same big collar anyway), also the dirt they did on the shirt is better and the dirt on the hands too.

Or maybe Blitzway?
I love what they did with Ghostbusters and Hannibal Lecter. And they are known for picking iconic movie licenses, while Hot Toys is mostly picking the recent hype movies.
But I won't mind a HT Ash, of course.
Of all the one sixth companies out there I honestly think Blitzway would knock it out of the park. I had their Ghostbusters and they were fantastic.

Of all the one sixth companies out there I honestly think Blitzway would knock it out of the park. I had their Ghostbusters and they were fantastic.
Yes, they are.
I love em and it shows that Blitzway put a lot of thought on creating them. Even their Slimer is great, with the paint that is opaque in the face and gradually transparent to the back part, and how the proton pack lights up..
The Lecter piece, the only thing I found disturbing is that they are unable to secure the rights for the mask, so they have to alter the mask and so it is not screen accurate.. but the reasoning is acceptable.

If they took Evil Dead license, and tackle Ash, I am pretty sure they will deliver amazing figure, and still with the same price range as asmus.

Took a shot at reaching out to whom I believe to be the current licensor (or representative of the licensor) for ED2 merch. Will update you folks in the unlikely event that I receive a response.

I tweeted Bruce the other day for the hell of it. lmao At one point I had heard him mention he has some sort of stake in it as well. Won't go anywhere I'm sure.
This is just toxic behavior.

Would like to see a comparison between Sideshow with Asmus figure holding the chainsaw and shotgun.

Thank you for the pic

I totally get peoples complaints and agree with a lot of them, however seeing him stood there next to the SSC version - he does look quite good. Mine is arriving today so we'll see what happens, but I am happy to do some custom work to him - I tent to with most stock figures...

I totally get peoples complaints and agree with a lot of them, however seeing him stood there next to the SSC version - he does look quite good. Mine is arriving today so we'll see what happens, but I am happy to do some custom work to him - I tent to with most stock figures...
Theres a difference betwen doing some custom work in a figure to make it better, and to do a ton of custom to a 350 figure to fix it...

Theres a difference betwen doing some custom work in a figure to make it better, and to do a ton of custom to a 350 figure to fix it...
Fair comment, I just went for the standard version so the price doesn't bother me too much. Plus its subjective, what might annoy me doesn't necessarily bother others and vice versa...

FB_IMG_1642498481066.jpg
Asmus 🤦

has anyone considered putting a m36 phicen body to replace this figure's body? i think it'd look good with some weathering but im unsure how people weather or paint a seamless body like that

No way am I going ahead with my order, after seeing all of the photos from other collectors and a friend sending me photos of theirs I have decided to cancel my pre order of this figure.

There are too many issues that need putting right, luckily I only paid a $20 deposit for the luxury version and I haven't been sent an invoice yet.

I've just messaged Asmus requesting a refund of my deposit as the figure isn't as described .

Back