Asmus Toys Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if we paid 150 more on luxury....

150 x 666 = 99,900 you're telling us you couldn't afford to make that happen and cut corners.

The money that you took is hard earned money, we bought into this because of what was promised.

Some what frustrating it's not awful like some are claiming but it's definitely a disappointment.

Last edited:
So you decided not to put scratches because they look like cutting corners in the dante's muscular body that you reused to cut cornes...
reusing another body doesnt look like cutting corners to begin with?
Visible confusion.
now i understand more why you refuse to put pics of the luxury set parts.

Look I am not trying to start an argument or denying this is a mistake.
We are sorry an decision were made wrongly and we are paying the price.

But re-use a body skin is very common in 1/6,
Hot Toys and any other company does the same.

The prototype itself was an old body we had,
in production, we changed to Dante's body, because it has better muscular contour,
and we made a pair of new seamless arms to match the body.

These are facts as we go through production decisions

Last edited:
So you decided not to put scratches because they look like cutting corners in the dante's muscular body that you reused to cut cornes...
reusing another body doesnt look like cutting corners to begin with?
Visible confusion.
now i understand more why you refuse to put pics of the luxury set parts.
Reusing a body is not cutting corners it is good business sense. There are definitely a lot of things wrong with this release. Reusing a body is not one of them.

This is why I seldom PO figs anymore. Still a little nipple painting is not a real biggie.
Yeah, if that were the only problem though I would be fine.

Its a shame Pop toys didn't do the tailoring. It shows. I Pre ordered but won't be standing by it if this is the finished product. At least we got an admission (kind of?), corners were cut. Obviously in time for the Chinese New Year in about two weeks time. As others have said for the price of the standard and the luxury we should have got a premium product. Its obvious now little will be fixed.

I was really looking forward to this release and if I were confident customising it I would but I'm not.

Look I am not trying to start an argument or denying this is a mistake.
We are sorry an decision were made wrongly and we are paying the price.

But re-use a body skin is very common in 1/6,
Hot Toys and any other company does the same.

The prototype itself was an old body we had,
in production, we changed to Dante's body, because it has better muscular contour,
and we made a pair of new seamless arms to match the body.

These are facts as we go through production decisions
It's totally understandable to reuse bodies. Every company does it to help keep costs down and speed up production. Glad to know it's the Dante body and not an older one. But those cuts are important to the character. Its very disappointing that it was missed along with no paint apps on the nipples. Unfortunately now those that are keeping the order (like myself) need to paint it. Which shouldn't be necessary when it was advertised in the proto.

The production of this figure didn't start well from the beginning. Asmus originally said only 666 of the Exclusive and it will ONLY be sold on their website and nowhere else. Not long after the Exclusive wasn't exclusive as TNS and Kghobby had it up for pre order too . I contacted Asmus to query this and they said oh we didn't know about it and will investigate it. They then scrapped the limit of 666 without making an announcement, going back on their original words.

Now let's have a look at the final released figure and how different it looks from the prototype, yes it's naive to think that any final figure will look as good as the prototype( although three zero Rambo did look better than the prototype) but in this case it's probably the worst released figure I've seen in terms of how bad it looks compared to the prototype.

Will Asmus address all of the following in response to my comment?

1 Paint on Ash head is very different blood looks too uniform like a sweatband , it's very flat and cartoonish
2 shirt collar looks ridiculously huge and oversized.
3 Neck is way too big and bulky compared to the head that sits on it
3 Body is different and too narrow, look at the shoulders
4clothing is very different, cheaply made and cut .
5 Boots are huge and look like something off a Frankenstein figure
6 Henrietta paint looks very different, especially around the neck frill where it should be white .
7 Excess glue on the accessories, I noticed glue on the shotgun in the youtube review and in other photos posted online on the chainsaw.
8 The Ash possessed head , the teeth are clean like he has just brushed them .
9 The diorama base paint is very different from the prototype, it's now one thick brown colour rather than the variation in wood tone that were on the prototype.

They are only some of the issues and not all of them , it's definitely the case that you made all of these decisions to cut costs and make a bigger profit margin hoping that customers will accept it !

When you consider what some Halloween fans pay to custom make their Myers figures, $200 or 350 for a decent base isn't really that much. A lot of this is about perspective. I'd say customizers are generally happier collectors, because if they don't like something, they will fix it. Meanwhile other people will keep repeating "I paid X and expect Y" ad absurdum and will never be happy with anything.
I'd say this is probably true for me. And it's just fun to do. Whenever I see something I have a ticker in my head of the thing I'll fix because I think they're wrong and stuff I'll fix for my personal preference. I did the same here with Ash. My biggest hurdle now is the price. This is an expensive item, and there's a lot to fix that are legitimate problems.I appreciate Asmus coming on and trying to engage but if they're gonna hold orders back to fix Henrietta than they may as well fix a few other things as well.

As per the Code of Conduct a company is no different to an individual, and as such is afforded the same protection:

Voice your opinions but be civil and respectful when doing so; Asta has posted the board rules regarding Trolling, Attacks, and Flaming.

Disregard them and you'll earn yourself a vacation or ban from the board.

You've been warned.
--

This reminds me of instances prior to the forum's change of name/ownership (as far as I know/recollect) when very heated discussion threads about absolute failures in production design and quality control resulted in condemnation against SSC.

Of course such threads carried on until it reached a point where you know who and some admins had to step in for a variety of reasons including back door communications from SSC to the forum resulting in warnings to cease, etc. due to board rules.

Since the board changed hands (as far as I know), I don't believe a thread like this resulted in this much justified outrage against a brand (other than SSC) occurred asides from past glaring offenses by the brand in question.

The posting of board rules and chiming in from two admins makes me wonder if the brand have a controlling influence and/or stake within the board that we may not be aware of? Whether it does or not is likely irrelevant and none of our business and the admins are simply suppressing the angry protestors to possibly placate a board benefactor and/or exercise control.

So far, the brand is selectively answering a few questions including those that are astonishingly revealing that makes us shake our heads in disbelief. In my view, nothing in terms of a true apology from a company head.

We reached a point where the brand is going to continue to provide further explanation openly, selectively, or not. If they continue, then it's more or less progress compared to the prior 24 hours.

If there are those of us who are still upset and don't want to see the brand get away with it like they did repeatedly, then do the one thing that'll undoubtedly make them truly take notice.

Cancel your pre-orders, definitely and truly never buy another product from them, spread the word and share this thread with pictures, post their initial unclear and vague responses, denials, lack of transparency to prove they do not earn any collector's hard earned $ asides from those who explained how and why they still do and leave it at that.

The more things supposedly change the more they stay the same.

Last edited:
They are only some of the issues and not all of them , it's definitely the case that you made all of these decisions to cut costs and make a bigger profit margin hoping that customers will accept it !
--

tenor.gif

Sadly this disaster is still better than the statue world where companies like P1 have zero replacement parts and request customers to repair damages themselves on products where the shipping alone is as much as this figure's luxury version.
The current state of our hobby right now has never been worse. Prices are sky high, quality is as low as it's ever been.

Last edited:
Given how this brand (and others) within the 1:6 hobby have produced and released "2.0" versions of certain figures over the years with supposedly real production design and quality improvements that varies from markedly improved to barely noticeable or more of the same (i.e., lipstick on a pig analogy), it wouldn't surprise me if the brand is still able to retain the license and maybe within the next two to three years announce EVIL DEAD 2 Ash Williams "2.0" or a crown edition or whatever with fanfare about how collectors truly wanted it and they're delivering with supposed design and quality improvements . . . at a higher cost than what is currently priced and the end result will be more like 80% closer to what was promised with this release with still likely issues that collectors will raise.

The never ending vicious cycle.

Back